Raheem Morris: Falcons And Bucs Don't Like One Aother

blackredfellow

http://twitter.com/#...549827415900161

@AJCFalcons D. Orlando Ledbetter

TB HC RMorris,"They don’t like us. We don’t like them. It’s one of those things on the field, but we have a mutual respect when we leave it."

We've beat them 5 times in a row. This game worries me because of that. They are gonna want this a whole lot.

We've beat them 5 times in a row. This game worries me because of that. They are gonna want this a whole lot.

Just remember, we don't have to beat them six times in a row, we just need to beat them once. Five wins are behind us, the next flip of the coin is a independant event uninfluenced by the past.

Of course, that is pure statistics. Those Bucs are hearing it from RahRah Morris this week. You know he's trying every angle he has. "This isn't a rivalry....they own you!" "What are you going to do about it?!?!"

Division games are always scary, because the stats before the game never really mean very much.

BUT, if we are looking at stats, they have two young bookends, neither of them have a sack. As a team they have 2 sacks, one from their SS and the other from a LB. They are -10 minutes in TOP, giving up 4.6 yards per carry, and their leading receiver is their RB. They are 27th in passes of 20+ yards and only have 1 rushing play of 20+ yards.

In other words, if they were not inside our Division, I wouldn't be nervous about this game at all.

Division games are always scary, because the stats before the game never really mean very much.

BUT, if we are looking at stats, they have two young bookends, neither of them have a sack. As a team they have 2 sacks, one from their SS and the other from a LB. They are -10 minutes in TOP, giving up 4.6 yards per carry, and their leading receiver is their RB. They are 27th in passes of 20+ yards and only have 1 rushing play of 20+ yards.

In other words, if they were not inside our Division, I wouldn't be nervous about this game at all.

Stats are meaningless with a sample size of 2 games. If this were game 9 and those were their stats it might be more meaningful.

The thing that doesn't scare me is Morris himself. I have yet to figure out what qualifies him as a head coach other than winning some games against a bunch of sub .500 teams. He sounds like such a goofball with his best team in the NFC bit and making up words like youngry (young and hungry). Did he come from a winning coaching tree?

I am not saying they can't win this week but as a rival challenging for the division I have a hard time taking them seriously.

Perhaps there is a tactical genius behind that howdy doody smile, I dunno but usually if it quacks like a duck...

I don't hate the bucs either. They are a good young team with plenty of upside. They play the game like they want to win and they don't go around putting out bulletin board material for other teams. I HATE the stains. Should be a decent game. Think we will win but I will be surprised if it is a runaway.

Disclaimer: my brother is a huge bucs fan (I guess everybody has their faults lol)