You Want More Saints Threads, You Say? Ok - Let's Talk Saints Vs Texans

joe horn

I am taking Houston on this one...although they are without A. Foster, I think that their D-Line can get to Brees causing turnovers.

That seems to be every teams M/O when playing the Saints but I can't think of one Saints loss that was a direct result of pressure on Brees. When they lose, it's usually due to other things going wrong.

Nice one JH! One a serious note, how are you guys gonna slow Andre Johnson?

The bigger issue for the Saints would be slowing down the TEs or RBs.

Owen Daniels, at least right now, still doesn't look like the player he was before his knee injury. And Ben Tate isn't a great option in the passing game. Without Foster and Ward, that could save the Saints from a lot of issues. Ben Tate also struggled mightily last week in blitz pickup.... something he will see a lot of this week in an even louder environment.

I think this will be a close game though but I have to favor the Saints slightly since they're at home. But the Texans are a good team this year. Jonathan Joseph might be out of this game as well. When it comes down to it, I think this game falls more on the Saints offense than their defense. They have to score TDs in the redzone. Right now they're 3 for 9 on the season.

The Texans might have the secondary to survive a game like this; I don't think they win a shootout but they might have a chance if they can get an early lead and get the ground game going. That said, I think the Saints put up enough points and cause enough mistakes to win.

If their CB Joseph can't go then I think they're secondary drops off quite abit. I realize why Phillips moved Mario to OLB in his 3-4, but this guy isn't magically going to turn into Ware. The D is looking great so far, but they've feasted on the hapless Colts and Miami. I'm not leaning toward their D being a factor.

The wildcard to me is their O. Can the Saints get enough pressure without exposing the secondary too much. I think Schaub is a just-inside top ten QB, but a bit streaky. If the Saints can get him running around alittle, I don't think he'll be as accurate as he'll need to be.

I believe they're going to come in trying to run and play keep away. Outside of the first Forte run, the Saints made him a non-factor carrying the ball by holding him to 9 for 7 yards until the Bears abandoned the run. This will be a great early-season test for the front seven.

I just hope the Dline makes it through the game healthy. I hate cut-blocking teams.

machetebrees.gif

Did anyone else note in this video, how the rope mysteriously didn't slide when the stuntman jumped out the window?

If the Texan really had been pulled towards the window, instead of a clean arc the Saint would have crashed into the bricks below the lower floor window.

But then again it's a Saint, they can do anything right?

As far as stopping AJ - I don't think we will. The key will be getting to Shaub before he has time to set up damaging throws to him, that's about it.

Historically our offense has had more trouble with 3-4 defenses, but I'm confident that if we protect the ball we'll win, even if takes us all game to do it.

Did anyone else note in this video, how the rope mysteriously didn't slide when the stuntman jumped out the window?

If the Texan really had been pulled towards the window, instead of a clean arc the Saint would have crashed into the bricks below the lower floor window.

But then again it's a Saint, they can do anything right?

:blink:

I guess I'm the odd one out--

But I think the Texans are going to pull this one out.

At least, I hope so, I really, really hate the Saints.

Because the Saints get two weeks of feeding on garbage after this game, someone needs to slap them down.

So will they? Or do you just hope they do?

There's a difference?

If the Texans had Foster, I would be picking the Texans because our offense seems to drop off against the 3-4 a lot.

I think the Saints win a close one. Sproles might have more difficulty getting into space against this defense but Graham should be a big factor

Payton needs to get the run game going again this week especially with Ingram. I think he will do better against that defense than PT or Sproles

Edited by DerUbermench

If the Texans had Foster, I would be picking the Texans because our offense seems to drop off against the 3-4 a lot.

I think the Saints win a close one. Sproles might have more difficulty getting into space against this defense but Graham should be a big factor

Payton needs to get the run game going again this week especially with Ingram. I think he will do better against that defense than PT or Sproles

At one time we did, but we seem to have figured out the protections against an odd front and lately we have played well against 3-4 teams.

Since 09 we've played 12 games against teams with a odd front and we've averaged over 28 per game.

At one time we did, but we seem to have figured out the protections against an odd front and lately we have played well against 3-4 teams.

Since 09 we've played 12 games against teams with a odd front and we've averaged over 28 per game.

huh....I didn't realize that.

still, I would love to see them get Ingram going so that those LBs have a harder time squeezing those medium routes