Jenkins Fined For Hit On Ryan

ATLBrave

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should also fine the refs for missing this blatant helmet to helmet hit on our QB...

Fining refs for missing calls...I like the idea. A fine, then suspension and termination. If they can't do their job, they should not be out there. Too many games are decided by zebras and they should have to answer for bad calls and no calls.

They should also fine the refs for missing this blatant helmet to helmet hit on our QB...

^^ This

Fining refs for missing calls...I like the idea. A fine, then suspension and termination. If they can't do their job, they should not be out there. Too many games are decided by zebras and they should have to answer for bad calls and no calls.

^^ AND THIS!!

WOW if true I'm glad. But 15k give me a break he lead with his helmet and gets 15k Dunta lead with his shoulder pads and gets 40k The NFL fines system is a joke.

Dunta got 25k for what he did last year, that's why his undeserved fine this year was 40k. Jenkins should have been 25k, it was intentional & he launched.

Now waiting to hear on Justin Babin's fine.

Chump change for a hit like that . this is how good ole Roger protects a QB give me a break..

oh I guess if it was say a Manning or lets say Brady it would have been more..

If it were Manning or Brady, Jenkins would have gotten flagged, tossed out of the game, & suspended half the season by Goodell.

Meh. If the call was missed the fine does nothing to help our season.

I'm actually glad it wasn't called. Everytime a call or no call goes against us its "just another excuse", yet any call we get in our favor, like the pick people always use that as an excuse and say it wasn't a real win

this is just more amunition for those idiots..plus, a good team will win without those calls made...as long as the calls don't constantly happen like in SB 40, or they aren't major penalties or ones that take away your chance to win, you gotta overcome it

take Hochuli in SD..horrible call, SD wins if it isn't made..however, they still had a chance to stop Denver..DEN went for the 2 point conversion probably for the sake of fairness, to give them a chance to stop them..and they didn't do it

however, Atlanta in PHI 08..that took away our chance of winning, so its different. And its no suprise that everyone has forgotten about that one

Chump change for a hit like that . this is how good ole Roger protects a QB give me a break..

oh I guess if it was say a Manning or lets say Brady it would have been more..

I really don't get why they think these fines are going to do anything. The money is NOTHING to these guys...I mean seriously, If I had a million dollars and they said "50 grand fine", big deal..only 950,000 dollars left what am I going to do, oh no!

for blatant dirty hits, helmet-helmet on a guy who is ACTUALLY defenseless, suspend them for 2 games...and for repeat offenders, 4.

THAT would make them care

Good, also like the idea of penalizing refs in some way for missing something that blatant.

they really do need to penalize refs for things like that..in this day and age there is absolutely no reason refs have to care about missing calls, and the committee doesn't seem to care at all

the refs from superbowl 40 should have never worked as refs again..they called an illegal BLOCK on a TACKLE made by the quarterback...there is NO WAY you can make a mistake like that..that is pure evidence that they intentionally screwed the Seahawks in that game, and that the other bad calls were intentional

they should have been fired..but its like the NFL WANTED Pitts to win to sell more Championship memoribilia

I'm actually glad it wasn't called. Everytime a call or no call goes against us its "just another excuse", yet any call we get in our favor, like the pick people always use that as an excuse and say it wasn't a real win

That is because you are lost in opinion land and not in reality where winning is the only thing that matters. 15 yards is a 2 or 3 snap savings on getting down the field. The call is the only value to be had. Everything else might as well be asking a player to give up a coupon for half off a second chicken dinner if he buys the first one at full price. Players salaries alone run around $125k per minute during the game.

Everyone happy about Jenkins getting fined want some sort of weak retribution. I'd rather have the call.

Obviously, I'd prefer for Ryan not to take those shots at all but if he does get something real for it.

That is because you are lost in opinion land and not in reality where winning is the only thing that matters. 15 yards is a 2 or 3 snap savings on getting down the field. The call is the only value to be had. Everything else might as well be asking a player to give up a coupon for half off a second chicken dinner if he buys the first one at full price. Players salaries alone run around $125k per minute during the game.

Everyone happy about Jenkins getting fined want some sort of weak retribution. I'd rather have the call.

Obviously, I'd prefer for Ryan not to take those shots at all but if he does get something real for it.

the game is over, we won...you gotta get over the no call...at this point, the fact that we won despite the no call is only more amunition for those idiots that can never give the Falcons credit for anything

I'm not too concerned about no calls on 15 yd penalties, because it isn't like they take away our chances at a drive

if they are the only way we get drives going, then we don't deserve to win

Eagles defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins found the dreaded Fed Ex envelope from the NFL in his locker cubicle today.

Jenkins found he had been fined $15,000 for a helmet-to-helmet hit, which happened when Jenkins sacked Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan during Sunday night's game.

Jenkins said a blocker was holding his legs as he lunged forward to try to tackle Ryan.

"You're fighting and clawing to try to get to the quarterback. Really, what are you supposed to do?" Jenkins asked. "This and that is being done to you and you're like, 'Man, I'm just trying to get him down.' "

Jenkins said he probably will not appeal.

"It's just funny to me that you can throw a punch and not be fined that much," he said. "In fact, I should've just gone up and punched the stew out of him and gotten fined less."

Posted by Les Bowen @ 1:18 PM Permalink | Post a comment

Read more: http://www.philly.co...l#ixzz1YbvCm5rM

Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Good, also like the idea of penalizing refs in some way for missing something that blatant.

If the Refs were full time Professionals I'd agree but as it is the NFL Refs are only part-time at best. Unlike the NHL, NBA and MLB who has full-time Refs, the NFL Refs not only have other jobs during the week but they're also not paid well. If the NFL wants to have GREAT Refs they need to start paying them more and hiring them full time. (365 days a year and not 16-20 days)

the game is over, we won...you gotta get over the no call...

I was over the no call as soon as I realized it wouldn't be called. I just don't care about the fine because it doesn't help the Falcons. However, I am not, as you are, happy about the no call to use as some ammunition in an opinion battle. Someone will always find some reason to say a close game should have gone the other way. That won't change regardless of the calls, no calls, or injuries on the field.

YOU FALCONS FANS ARE A F'N JOKE. WHAT ABOUT VICK GETTING HIT BELOW THE KNEES? TWICE?WHY WASNT YOUR ****** PLAYERS FINED FOR THAT? YEAH SHUT UP. YOU HAD HELP FROM THE REFS AND NBC. THE EAGLES ARE WAY BETTER THAN THE ****** FALCONS AND YOU ALL KNOW IT. Youre Lucky Vick got hurt on a fluke play.

YOU HAD TO CHEAT THE WHOLE GAME BECAUSE YOU COULDNT STOP THIS OFFENSE. YOURE A CLASSLESS ORGANIZATION. We will see you again. SO KEEP TALKING ****. DUNTA GOT BURNED ALL GAME thats why he took a cheapshot on Maclin because he is garbage and Grimes is just a f'n joke.

FOR THE RECORD WE FIXED OUR LB SITUATION,NO More running on us and Asomugha will handle TE's from now on. We will see you ****** again. ******* CHEATERS

YOU FALCONS FANS ARE A F'N JOKE. WHAT ABOUT VICK GETTING HIT BELOW THE KNEES? TWICE?WHY WASNT YOUR ****** PLAYERS FINED FOR THAT? YEAH SHUT UP. YOU HAD HELP FROM THE REFS AND NBC. THE EAGLES ARE WAY BETTER THAN THE ****** FALCONS AND YOU ALL KNOW IT. Youre Lucky Vick got hurt on a fluke play.

YOU HAD TO CHEAT THE WHOLE GAME BECAUSE YOU COULDNT STOP THIS OFFENSE. YOURE A CLASSLESS ORGANIZATION. We will see you again. SO KEEP TALKING ****. DUNTA GOT BURNED ALL GAME thats why he took a cheapshot on Maclin because he is garbage and Grimes is just a f'n joke.

FOR THE RECORD WE FIXED OUR LB SITUATION,NO More running on us and Asomugha will handle TE's from now on. We will see you ****** again. ******* CHEATERS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crybaby.