Julio Jones Not Living Up To Expectations Thus Far?

J-Wall

I would say as a whole this offense has not lived up to what we think they are capable of. We still rely heavily on the dink and dunk and Turner up the middle for 3( he has broke a few nice runs so far though) from all the so called insiders during pre season and such is that our offense would be unstoppable and that we would spread defenses out. Not quite. Actually not the case at all. We have not had a WR come close to break 100 yrd barrier granted we have played against some pretty good defenses so far but great teams find ways to still be productive in the arieal attack. Jones really hasnt made an impact what so ever. He hasnt helped Roddy out and his route running is below par. On the INT Ryan threw when Samuels picked it was all on Julio he should have dove for that instead he just lazyly(not a word) put his hand down deflected it just a hair and an INT happend. I still believe we got us a great player i just havent seen why we moved up soooo far to get him. Jenkins would be producing the same results if not a little better as of now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roddy said it best..."the offense doesn't have an identity yet". It always seems to be this way with our it's for the first few games. We've also played two really good defenses both with good d line play that limited our productivity. We play a secondary that is not as good Sunday and if talib gets himself ejected because of roddys hazing it will be even better

I think Ryan and him just don't have the same chemistry he has with White and Gonzo. I remember when Tony first got here and Ryan seemed to force it to him a lot, sometimes ill-advisedly. They'll get it down. It takes some time.

Having said that, it was repeatedly pointed out during the broadcast and on these boards just how good the coverage was Sunday night. No one except Gonzo seemed to get open until we went no huddle.

we have faced 2 very good but very different defenses so far. while the bears rely on on their front seven to generate pressure to cover up their secondary, the eagles rely on their front four to generate pressure while their cbs smother. the o line has been far from impressive thus far to allow ryan time to make consistent deep throws. although jj seems to be ryans fav target behind gonzo to this point, i would imagine as we start to face weaker defenses jj will get more targets and catches which will hopefully lead to a boost in confidence when he faces tougher defenses and allow him to produce.

Way to early to be down on Julio. We just played two good defenses and our O-line isn't giving Matt any time to look down field on a consistent basis. I still think that interception was Ryan's fault. It was probably the hardest ball he threw all night. Julio had just come out of his break and was double covered. Should have never thrown the ball to him. The throw would have needed to be perfect. It wasnt. So it was picked.

Yea I want to see him bust an 80 yarder, but **** he made a clutch catch on that 3rd down late in the game, it's still early OL isn't giving the Birds any time to throw either. Even more so than it was with with Roddy you can see Jones has tremendous skills as a receiver. Not to mention he was up against pro bowl caliber CB's in week 2.

I understand we are only 2 games into the season but i guess i have HIGH expectations not mediocre. Any other OC would find a way to get this offense rolling but ours cant do it.

If that's the case, it's not an indictment of Julio....right? That would scream OC. Julio has been targeted and has drawn attention from both defenses we've faced so far. Success isn't measured by him catching 100 balls, it's if we create mismatches. I don't think it's a coincidence that Tony G has had a resurgence. That being said, our offense is still bland. It's not on Julio.

I would say as a whole this offense has not lived up to what we think they are capable of. We still rely heavily on the dink and dunk and Turner up the middle for 3( he has broke a few nice runs so far though) from all the so called insiders during pre season and such is that our offense would be unstoppable and that we would spread defenses out. Not quite. Actually not the case at all. We have not had a WR come close to break 100 yrd barrier granted we have played against some pretty good defenses so far but great teams find ways to still be productive in the arieal attack. Jones really hasnt made an impact what so ever. He hasnt helped Roddy out and his route running is below par. On the INT Ryan threw when Samuels picked it was all on Julio he should have dove for that instead he just lazyly(not a word) put his hand down deflected it just a hair and an INT happend. I still believe we got us a great player i just havent seen why we moved up soooo far to get him. Jenkins would be producing the same results if not a little better as of now.

Julio will be good. But there were no off seasons. Even still he was going up against two top 5 and 1 top 10 CB. All teams are behind. By week 8 hopefully all the teams are sorted.

If that's the case, it's not an indictment of Julio....right? That would scream OC. Julio has been targeted and has drawn attention from both defenses we've faced so far. Success isn't measured by him catching 100 balls, it's if we create mismatches. I don't think it's a coincidence that Tony G has had a resurgence. That being said, our offense is still bland. It's not on Julio.

No. The Eagles LBS are the worst in the league. I can even explain why Matthews is starting.

I understand we are only 2 games into the season but i guess i have HIGH expectations not mediocre. Any other OC would find a way to get this offense rolling but ours cant do it.

Buddy, we put up 35 points (that's 5 touchdowns) on a really good defense. Yes, I know we played on a short field a lot of the game, but we went 80 yards 2 drives in a row in the 4th quarter on arguably the best set of CBs in the league. 5/5 in the redzone all touchdowns! Matt Bryant had one heck of an easy night!

Buddy, we put up 35 points (that's 5 touchdowns) on a really good defense. Yes, I know we played on a short field a lot of the game, but we went 80 yards 2 drives in a row in the 4th quarter on arguably the best set of CBs in the league. 5/5 in the redzone all touchdowns! Matt Bryant had one heck of an easy night!

Not from throwing the ball we didnt. We got down there by running which is fine. But this offense isnt producing like they should. They are all professionals and blaming it on the shortened off season is pathetic they have had plenty of time to get this going. Im not harping on our team by any means i just believe we are underachieving. We have the Bucs this week and they are an average football team with some upside but us the Falcons are elite right??? we should beat these guys 27-17 and put no doubt in this game.

This is silly esp the last statement. Of course the Rookie in a shortened off season might have a slow start if he is going up against some of the BEST Defenses in the league right out the gate.

Ok first week they played a Bears defense that is highly underrated and we played a poor game overall. Last week they played a very good secondary unit with him being doubled sometimes and covered by one of the best in the game on others. This week we face a secondary unit that can be beat. Either they risk putting Ronde on Roddy or Julio. Somebody is going to have a favorable match-up deep if they man Ronde up. Their front four is not what we have faced the last two weeks. No more Stylez G White to terrorize us. Bowers and Clayborn don't have the same elite step that Cole and Peppers possess. There is no Cullen Jenkins. Wishful thinking is that they play a lot better this week. We have lost to the Bucs 1 time in the last 3 years. Let's not make it 2.