The Official Perai Jerry I Told Ya So Thread! Here We Go!

GENERALZOD

This is the official Peria Jerry official : " I TOLD YA SO" thread here.

Yeah, : "I TOLD YA SO".Dude is going to be a dominating player, yeah he's had a few bumps and bruises in these first couple of games, but you've got to consider that he's coming off of a heck of an injury from year ONE.

Peria Jerry, as the season goes on is going to kick some serious butts! The man does not understand what a stop sign means! <---- I only pray he doesn't drive a car! :lol:

Just kidding on the stop sign thing there. Just thought it was funny.

Seriously speaking, I know my pal MR GAZOO seems to be lost in the Falcons fold these days, what's up with that?

As for Peria Jerry, I am telling you right now, and I"ve said it, and will preach it all season long, this dude has the ability to be a dominating player, he's just got to have a little bit of time, the man has a motor that will just not stop on any and every play, I saw him play in college and will vouch for him! Just wait and see.

BEAST = Peria Jerry.

He's a Breast!

I would love to join the bandwagon and gloat.

Personally I have been behind him 110%

But sorry GA, I can't gloat, because that was 1 dominating performance for the big man. String 4 more together and I'll happily join.

If we are keeping score I also was, and remain 110% behind Kerry Meier, Vance Walker and most importantly Willy Mo.

That kid got a lot of heat, which was completely unjust. But the jury is definitely out on the other 2 to the falcons masses, so I could end being very wrong.

Training camp in 2007, the majority of this board wanted to cut Roddy, and now he's among the top 5 in the NFL, and on his way to become the all-time top receiver in this organisation.

Give Jerry some time. If the Eagles game is any indication of how he good he will be, we are in good hands. He was absolutely beasting the Eagle's O-line.

Jerry was rated as the best three-technique tackle in his draft year.

Some analysts had him as a top 15 pick.

Two years off a knee injury it is make or break time.

If we are going to see a Superbowl it will be because Jerry and Weatherspoon live up to their draft status the way BJ Raji and Clay Mattews did for Greenbay.

Re-watched the game last night and Jerry was really getting after it. He was doing some Steven Seagal above the law type stuff with his hands and the O-line couldn't touch him. I would say on some of those run plays any back but McCoy would have been tackled for a loss. Maybe not by Jerry but someone else would have cleaned it up.

If he keeps it up he will be a beast.

Crap. I used my premature Itoldyoulation pill bit in another thread and this one is even worse.

Players are ALWAYS judged on consistency. Just like any player can have a bad game, any player can have a good one. I am not knocking him and I hope he is who we thought he could be but let's wait until he has 8 good games out of 10 before annointing him breastly.

You were right to reference Gazoo though. This is EXACTLY the kind of nonsense that made him so very popular. One article, one report from training camp, one preseason performance, one game and he'd shout from the rooftop how he was right and all of the haters should be drowned out at sea. I am hoping for a different outcome with PJ. The injury makes it hard to quantify him right now.

Yeah, : "I TOLD YA SO".Dude is going to be a dominating player, yeah he's had a few bumps and bruises in these first couple of games, but you've got to consider that he's coming off of a heck of an injury from year ONE.

Peria Jerry, as the season goes on is going to kick some serious butts! The man does not understand what a stop sign means! <---- I only pray he doesn't drive a car! :lol:

Seriously speaking, I know my pal MR GAZOO seems to be lost in the Falcons fold these days, what's up with that?

As for Peria Jerry, I am telling you right now, and I"ve said it, and will preach it all season long, this dude has the ability to be a dominating player, he's just got to have a little bit of time, the man has a motor that will just not stop on any and every play, I saw him play in college and will vouch for him! Just wait and see.

BEAST = Peria Jerry.

He's a Breast!

Buddy you do realize he manhandled a rookie center in one game right?

He could start by winning his starting job back from Peters before Babineaux gets back.

Then we can go from there.

Has Jerry really been thrown under a bus by anyone yet? IIRC, the feeling has been that with the knee no longer an excuse he needs to step up and be the dominant inside force we drafted him to be and that another year like last year would earn him a spot under the bus. Sunday's game no more proved anything than the game against the Bears where Jerry was invisible did. Jerry has a lot to prove and this year is his chance to prove it.

Re-watched the game last night and Jerry was really getting after it. He was doing some Steven Seagal above the law type stuff with his hands and the O-line couldn't touch him. I would say on some of those run plays any back but McCoy would have been tackled for a loss. Maybe not by Jerry but someone else would have cleaned it up.

If he keeps it up he will be a beast.

First, I have believed that Jerry IS the single most important key to our success this season. He is the ONE guy who can make EVERY OTHER player on that defense better.

I also watched the first half closely last night and was thinking exactly the same. He was getting such deep penetration so quickly so often that I thought it might be part of the Eagles' scheme. I also notice that the interior linemen, not the ends, were getting more double teams.

Back to your point, I was thinking that Blunt is a much less shifty, more plodding back than McCoy, so the Bucs game should give us an excellent gauge regarding Perry's true progress. And if Perry can get the same kind of explosive penetration he had agains Philly, the Bucs will become very one dimensional.

BEAST = Peria Jerry.

He's a Breast!

<<< LOL are kidding me? nobody blocked him when he made Vick fumble!! LOL Jerry has done nothing but get blocked at the line..LOL

Jerry was rated as the best three-technique tackle in his draft year. Some analysts had him as a top 15 pick. Two years off a knee injury it is make or break time. If we are going to see a Superbowl it will be because Jerry and Weatherspoon live up to their draft status the way BJ Raji and Clay Mattews did for Greenbay.

Completely agree with the words in red- said them earlier in the preseason myself. Spoon and Jerry can make this D so much better. Having said that, this thread is at least 6 weeks too early.

this is the official "its only been one game even the sun shines on a dogs arse every once in awhile" post i cant believe were jumping the gun on a player AGAIN.

It's still better than writing them off way too early.

Oh, and for those saying he was unblocked on that fumble- the play was designed that way, he wasn't supposed to be blocked, it was a misdirection play he didn't bite on.