Georgia Tech Hoping To Fill Seats For Acc Opener Against North Carolina.

SacFalcFan

Georgia Tech's cheapest ticket at the very top of the stadium is $50 which is ridiculous for a tiny stadium in the ACC.

in our 600 section the price is very close to that for those tickets (well if you buy them second hand which most do those tickets are 100 dollars a piece) so 50 bucks isn't bad at all.

your fan base needs to get behind your team. there is no way georgia tech should have 10k unsold tickets with a big acc game coming up.

Hmm. I'm surprised at this comment SacFalc:

I'm a fan. I'd love to be there. But for me right now, $50 bucks for a game is out of the question.

Why are you so concerned about Tech's fan base?

I'm a fan. I'd love to be there. But for me right now, $50 bucks for a game is out of the question.

why are you surprised that someone would make a comment about the poor fan support for the GT? your team is having a big acc opener and your fan base can't sell out the game. your program deserves better fan support and 50 bucks is not much at all considering what other fan bases pay for tickets. GT has a big enough fan base that selling out your stadium shouldn't be a problem especially for a big game like this.

why are you surprised that someone would make a comment about the poor fan support for the GT? your team is having a big acc opener and your fan base can't sell out the game. your program deserves better fan support and 50 bucks is not much at all considering what other fan bases pay for tickets. GT has a big enough fan base that selling out your stadium shouldn't be a problem especially for a big game like this.

Id be very happy to only pay $50 a ticket.

When you figure up our donations plus ticket prices, We pay almost triple that per game (including Coastal Carolina)

I can provide you a promo code and the seats are only $25 if they are still available..

Tech has the worst fan support. It has a lot to do with the fact that many GT Alum do not stay around after they graduate and many of the students just don't give a crap about football to even show up for a game. Winning cures all in the long run. I would be at every home game if I didn't live 3 hours away. I will make about 3-4 games this season but Saturday is not an option (no pun intended) for me..

I can provide you a promo code and the seats are only $25 if they are still available..

Tech has the worst fan support. It has a lot to do with the fact that many GT Alum do not stay around after they graduate and many of the students just don't give a crap about football to even show up for a game. Winning cures all in the long run. I would be at every home game if I didn't live 3 hours away. I will make about 3-4 games this season but Saturday is not an option (no pun intended) for me..

Can I get tickets to the UGA-GT game for $25 a peice?

ticket price is based on demand. GT does not have the rabid fan base or sheer numbers to warrent 50$ for the least desirable seats in the stadium. The reason Bama, GA, Fla, etc prices are higher is sheer demand, thats what the market will bare.

Just like i can get pretty decent seats for the Vandy Ark. game but would have to pay an arm and a leg and a kidney to get the Bama vs Ark ticket.

I heard a story about a group of dudes who were downtown...they weren't GT fans just football fans and thought hey lets go see a game. $50 for day of game walk up to help fill up the seats....that's not gonna happen. Those type of walk ups should be a benefit to being in a big city. A sold seat is better than an empty seat. I thought engineers where good at math? I guess practical real world application is lacking.

Guest Absconditus
GT has a big enough fan base that selling out your stadium shouldn't be a problem especially for a big game like this.

They don't though.

The people that do go to the Georgia Tech games- that's the fanbase. They never should have expanded their stadium to 55,000 seats. They were advised against it by everybody involved with the project, yet George O'leary insisted that it would make them an elite program.

Georgia Tech's fanbase consists of about 40,000 people, and those are the people that already go to the games.

They don't though.

The people that do go to the Georgia Tech games- that's the fanbase. They never should have expanded their stadium to 55,000 seats. They were advised against it by everybody involved with the project, yet George O'leary insisted that it would make them an elite program.

Georgia Tech's fanbase consists of about 40,000 people, and those are the people that already go to the games.

Not necessarily. GT has a larger fanbase than 40,000. The problem is that not all of them live near the school. Lots of GT grads leave the area after they finish school. They are not going to travel back to Atlanta for games on Saturdays. ****, I have been a GT fan for over 20 years and I didn't make a home game the past two seasons due to my work schedule during football season for those two seasons. I am off shift for about 2 years so I can make games now. GT does not have the large fanbase like UGA but they have a large enough fanbase to fill 45K-48K of those seats for any game. It will take 2-3 years of consistant winning and top 25 ranking for GT to start filling more seats. I love the tradition of GT gameday.

Guest Absconditus

Not necessarily. GT has a larger fanbase than 40,000. The problem is that not all of them live near the school. Lots of GT grads leave the area after they finish school. They are not going to travel back to Atlanta for games on Saturdays. ****, I have been a GT fan for over 20 years and I didn't make a home game the past two seasons due to my work schedule during football season for those two seasons. I am off shift for about 2 years so I can make games now. GT does not have the large fanbase like UGA but they have a large enough fanbase to fill 45K-48K of those seats for any game. It will take 2-3 years of consistant winning and top 25 ranking for GT to start filling more seats. I love the tradition of GT gameday.

Well that was kind of my point.

I don't understand why people make fun of Georgia Tech for their fan support. People vastly over-state the importance of football to the type of people that attend Georgia Tech. They don't care what you think.

People attend GT so that they can design architecture and get high-ranking jobs in the technology field.

GT looks really good this year though, and when that offense is actually working there's nothing more fun to watch in my opinion. Now that they have added an efficient and affective passing game to the mix- wow, look out.

GT's fan base (the ones that care about football anyway) isn't that large near Atlanta. Tech doesn't have as many fans in Georgia. I don't live in Georgia, and most of my GT alumni friends don't live in Georgia anymore either. I try to make it to one game a year along with the Falcons. Anyway, what other people think of Tech's fan base doesn't make me a better or worse fan. I love Tech and that's all that matters to me, not whether or not our stadium is sold out.

GT's fan base (the ones that care about football anyway) isn't that large near Atlanta. Tech doesn't have as many fans in Georgia. I don't live in Georgia, and most of my GT alumni friends don't live in Georgia anymore either. I try to make it to one game a year along with the Falcons. Anyway, what other people think of Tech's fan base doesn't make me a better or worse fan. I love Tech and that's all that matters to me, not whether or not our stadium is sold out.

It does not make you a worse fan at all, but it does not speak highly of your alumni. Atlanta is a large city and quite honestly, I like it a lot (not quite as much as Chicago, but its still an awesome city). The idea that Tech can't have sellouts because they're alumni don't live close to Bobby Dodd is slack jaw stupid. Why? Do you really think that everyone at UGA games attended or graduated from UGA? Heck no. Tech has a market for potential fans yet the stadium still lacks the seats. UGA fans, despite their "inferior" education and salaries, have the resources and time to drive hours on the weekends to watch UGA play. Lets face it, the alumni at Tech simply are not as interested in sports.

It does not make you a worse fan at all, but it does not speak highly of your alumni. Atlanta is a large city and quite honestly, I like it a lot (not quite as much as Chicago, but its still an awesome city). The idea that Tech can't have sellouts because they're alumni don't live close to Bobby Dodd is slack jaw stupid. Why? Do you really think that everyone at UGA games attended or graduated from UGA? Heck no. Tech has a market for potential fans yet the stadium still lacks the seats. UGA fans, despite their "inferior" education and salaries, have the resources and time to drive hours on the weekends to watch UGA play. Lets face it, the alumni at Tech simply are not as interested in sports.

UGA has a ton more fans than Tech, especially in the State of Georgia and in close proximity to Athens/Atlanta, where it's easier to get to game. I don't live close enough to go. And yes, the alumni as a whole at Tech is not as interested in football. Also consider the cultural differences of more of Tech's alumni where they have interests in other sports. Either way, I don't care what you think of our fan base.

UGA has a ton more fans than Tech, especially in the State of Georgia and in close proximity to Athens/Atlanta, where it's easier to get to game. I don't live close enough to go. And yes, the alumni as a whole at Tech is not as interested in football. Also consider the cultural differences of more of Tech's alumni where they have interests in other sports. Either way, I don't care what you think of our fan base.

You mean, you don't care? How couldn't you care? Do you know how this makes me feel? Ok, so now that the sarcastic trip is over, why are you so defensive? And to be honest, whats sports are Tech alumni interested in? Warcraft? Zombies vs. Humans? Oh, you mean basketball. Its far easier to fill a basketball auditorium than a football stadium is it not? All the UGA elitism aside, I'm just giving you a hard time. I do have to ask though, if you're such a big Tech fan (which I'm not denying), whats up with the name?

Please explain to all of us how the heck it is easier to get anywhere near Athens on a game day versus getting near Atlanta on a game day...