Hayden Injured His Hamstring, It's Time For Our Def Staff To Earn Their Money

maxatlanta

Owens was responsible for Maclin on that dropped 4th down pass. He made a nice tackle, that he's supposed to make, the play before.

Now we just can not continue to run #21 out there on defense. I would rather give Franks or Walls a shot than go with the guy who has shown he is not up to the task. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but we can't allow this one weak link to cost us ballgames. So what can we do? How about getting 4 LBs on the field? Peterson is a far better player than Owens. Maybe 5 DL, Biermann is a far better player than Owens.

Something has to give here. What will our coaches come up with? It can't be same old same old.

Ok, so maybe it's jumping the gun a bit since we don't know the extent of the injruy. But even minor hammys have to be given time or they never go away...

LINK

Injury report

Cornerback Kelvin Hayden (hamstring) and defensive tackle Corey Peters (knee/leg) left the game with injuries. Christopher Owens took over for Hayden. Vance Walker and Carlton Powell (16 snaps) got some additional action at defensive tackle. Defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux (shoulder/knee) and center Todd McClure (knee) were inactive.

Owens is strong in run support and this week we will need it. Tampa will try and give us a heavy dose of Blount. I respect Freeman, but like Ryan in 08, they will lean on the run game. If Chris can just hang in there we should be fine this Sunday.

I don't believe that these injuries were that bad to either player on sunday night.I heard Smitty say in his presser that many players got dinged up with bumps and bruises it was a physical game he said.I also remember D. LED explaining that if the falcons don't say anything on monday about a players injury that unless it is serious they will wait til Wednesday to during the day when they routinely have to mention injury updates.They may not practice tomorrow or Thursday but if they practice Friday we good.They should be okay in my opinion but we shall know for sure after practice tomorrow.

Sanders and Hayden didn't "give up a lot of plays" at all. Maybe one or two. They looked solid for guys that probably still don't know what they're doing completely.

I think Sanders was responsible for the long pass to Maclin by the back-up in the 4th quarterback and Hayden was responsible for losing Brent Celek on his one catch

if you are talking about that 43 yarder throw that kafka threw to Maclin in the 4th quarter that would be your man Robinson fault there playa.Robinson got caught chasing cause Maclin blew passed him Sanders came over to help.most of the night Sanders assignment was to help grimes keep Desean in check and I would say that he did a good job seeing as though Jackson had 2 or three catches for bout 29 yards.

We are going to be ok guys even if Hayden is down because we have tampa who does not have a strong front and they also have soft limemen and yes they can be tough but that are divisional opponents so both team have a familiarity with one another and Josh has not beating matt since he has been the Qb for the bucs.Then we have Seattle and the greatest story there last season was the battle of the babeneaux brothers and now that that story is gone what do they have left.we should be able to keep both offenses under 300 yards total offense this week and the next.

Sanders and Hayden gave up a lot of plays against PHI.

They are better than DeCoud and Owens.

We better get that secondary up to speed. In a hurry.

And the Oline? Scary.

Kicker too.

I saw nothing to suggest that James Sanders does anything better than Thomas DeCoud (and neither did the coaches, apparently, as Sanders was replaced in the 3rd QTR). DeCoud is easily the better athlete and knows the defense. Sanders got his shot and blew it. It didn't take long for DeCoud to reclaim his spot.

Edited by Kung-Pow

Owens was responsible for Maclin on that dropped 4th down pass. He made a nice tackle, that he's supposed to make, the play before.

Now we just can not continue to run #21 out there on defense. I would rather give Franks or Walls a shot than go with the guy who has shown he is not up to the task. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but we can't allow this one weak link to cost us ballgames. So what can we do? How about getting 4 LBs on the field? Peterson is a far better player than Owens. Maybe 5 DL, Biermann is a far better player than Owens.

Something has to give here. What will our coaches come up with? It can't be same old same old.

Wheres the link..?