Matt Ryan...

Quarterback

...earned our respect against the Eagles.

No, he wasn't spectacular, and no, he didn't have incredible stats; he did, however, give every bit of himself to will his team to a hard fought victory against a favored, formidable, and well coached opponent in a nationally televised, emotionally charged game. Historically, often we haven't done very well in a big game when the world was watching!

He earned our respect and appreciation, and I, for one, was proud to have him wear the Falcon's uniform Sunday night. The man is a class act...on and off the field!

Don't tell that to swift, he might need to change his maxipads again.

LOL!

I know swift likes a little controversy, but deep inside, when he's genuinely honest with himself, he has agree that Ryan's 4th quarter and two consecutive 80 yard TD drives were pretty darn special. Plus, we were 5 for 5 in the red zone...5 TD's, that is! 4 TD passes...not too shabby against that Eagle Secondary!

Good thread, Quarterback. It's not the games where a guy plays in the zone and puts up 400 yards and 4 TDs (although he did have 4 tds) that speaks to an athlete's ability. It's games where things aren't going right, when you have to keep pulling it out of nowhere, that you truly find out how special a guy is.

matt-ryan-splits1.gif

^ This shot right here could have gone all kinds of wrong. It could have popped a ligament, torn a groin, or worse we could have witnesses another Joe Theismann. Instead, he got up, gritted his teeth, and kept firing.

He had my respect before. Now he has my awe.

Good thread, Quarterback. It's not the games where a guy plays in the zone and puts up 400 yards and 4 TDs (although he did have 4 tds) that speaks to an athlete's ability. It's games where things aren't going right, when you have to keep pulling it out of nowhere, that you truly find out how special a guy is.

matt-ryan-splits1.gif

^ This shot right here could have gone all kinds of wrong. It could have popped a ligament, torn a groin, or worse we could have witnesses another Joe Theismann. Instead, he got up, gritted his teeth, and kept firing.

Amen, Brother!

You made my point well!

Spectacular statistical games are welcome too, but there was just something about how he looked mostly average or mediocre for much of the game while taking a physical beating and then sucking it up and making that run in the 4th quarter that just impresses the heck out of me.

I'd take a Matt Ryan in a foxhole with me anytime! The man is just a winner all around!

matt-ryan-splits1.gif

I thought our season was over when I saw that. I cant believe he didnt tear an ACL or at least an MCL

matt-ryan-splits1.gif

That play had me in knots

were giving respect to a guy that made 32 million dollars this year to play a game he loves ? seriously? Its a contact sport people. He got hit and got back up . Thats what MEN do ..That one play with leg looked bad..Im glad he was ok. I wasnt to thrilled with his performance but we got the win . You dont see me on here killing his 2 poor throws . Ryan also benefited from playing on short side of field 3 times. He played a avg game but all that matters is we WON

were giving respect to a guy that made 32 million dollars this year to play a game he loves ? seriously? Its a contact sport people. He got hit and got back up . Thats what MEN do ..That one play with leg looked bad..Im glad he was ok. I wasnt to thrilled with his performance but we got the win . You dont see me on here killing his 2 poor throws . Ryan also benefited from playing on short side of field 3 times. He played a avg game but all that matters is we WON

Come on swift...just admit our guy played his guts out and leave out the ifs, ands or buts!

That's all this thread is about, courage and toughness...not two poor throws, his contract or his wife's hobbies!

Tony Romo showed guts ...

Ryan did his job ..

for the first time in his career.

Ryan showed guts because not every guy in the league is going to get hit that hard that many and still be able to positively contribute to their team. That hit was downright nasty and should have been a penalty judging by the horse collar there and the fact that it was an unnecessarily rough take down

...earned our respect against the Eagles.

No, he wasn't spectacular, and no, he didn't have incredible stats; he did, however, give every bit of himself to will his team to a hard fought victory against a favored, formidable, and well coached opponent in a nationally televised, emotionally charged game. Historically, often we haven't done very well in a big game when the world was watching!

He earned our respect and appreciation, and I, for one, was proud to have him wear the Falcon's uniform Sunday night. The man is a class act...on and off the field!

Buddy earned my respect in the second half of his second NFL game.

I've really been on board since then.

He is definitely on pace to be the best Falcon QB ever and should be a Top 5-10 QB for at least five more years.

matt-ryan-splits1.gif

I seriously could not believe a flag wasn't thrown. Dragged down by his neck, you kiddin' me? This could have costed us the season.

matt ryan showed a lot of poise in that game and the kid is starting to remind me of john elway the way he comes back in the 4th qtr against teams, especially against defenses like the eagles and ravens. Matt played his heart out in this game, that kid wanted to win and he wanted to beat michael vick i dont care what anybody says in any interviews matt ryan knew he had to show the city of atlanta that he was now the guy and vick is done, vick and ryan both took a pounding but vick left spitting out blood while ryan stayed in and delivered after being beat down for 3 quarters, there is not a lot of quarterbacks that can take a beating like that and come away in victory, i've seen manning and brady be beat like that before and come up empty handed and play scared in the pocket