Sam Baker

nolafan33

Sam Baker gave up nine QB pressures against Philly Sunday night, the previous worse was only seven pressures.

Nine is incredibly bad, Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans have given up two in the first two games of the season between them.

When will the Falcons finally admit they made a HUGE mistake trading back into the first for this guy and get Matt Ryan some blindside protection? He's a bust.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Sam Baker gave up nine QB pressures against Philly Sunday night, the previous worse was only seven pressures.

Nine is incredibly bad, Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans have given up two in the first two games of the season between them.

When will the Falcons finally admit they made a HUGE mistake trading back into the first for this guy and get Matt Ryan some blindside protection? He's a bust.

He'll be fine against the BUCS. Remember? We have NO defense, No offense, a quarterback that can't hold a candle to Matt "Stain" Ryan. Baker will get WELL against the BUCS and become ANOTHER of the Falcons many ELITE players.

Yeah.......Baker will be just fine. :rolleyes:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Shred's posting the same garbage as the senile Government worker. :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

There is a reason some people dislike the Falcons so much, ya know?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

OK, fair enough I forgot about Shred "everyone-is-elite" Man

We're Kool. It's simply a board and they can't help it due to their various addictions. ;)

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

they like him for some reason,but imo he would be better off at guard as stated before

I just hope they keep him at LT Sunday! :lol:

I will also say this as well .....sunday night when the game was on the line in the fourth quarter in crunch time sam baker and the rest of the oline manned the **** up.......both in running game and in pass protection. the last 2 drives ryan had all the time he needed and the backs had holes trucks could drive through.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

me and you aint cool and you sound like your the one thats addicted hanging off of every word they say. loser

Run along lil' girl, I wasn't talking to you. Come back when you're 18 and legal so myself and the rest of RC can have our way with you.......LEGALLY! :lol:

Yes baker has struggled....but unfortunately for you and jb the saints nor the bucs have anybody who is close to as good as a pass rusher as peppers or cole..... so I would not get too excited if I were either one of you.

your oline has allowed 9 sacks in two games. it wont take coles or peppers to sack ryan.

watch out for galette and Mcbride

your oline has allowed 9 sacks in two games. it wont take coles or peppers to sack ryan.

This. If we only give up half of that that's still on pace for 32 sacks. 9*8=72 sacks. That is unacceptable. The pass protection has steadily gotten worse since 08 and we need to address this. Baker plays well unless the DE is very athletic (cole/pepp/abe/smith) but we have to go through those types of DEs in the playoffs and during the season.

Baker is the epitome of a mediocre LT that fits better as a LG or RT but plays for a team that already has both. He'll either improve and meet or exceed where he was last year as a decent LT that was passable because of Ryan's quick release and pocket presence, or he won't and we'll make do with another lineman until we find a long-term replacement. It would be a bigger concern if we played a team like Philly every week but I don't see it becoming a season-wrecking sort of problem when a lot of teams have succeeded with mediocre lines in the last few years.

just keep telling yourself that.

neither one of those guys are even CLOSE to the level of peppers and Cole.

To be fair to them there are VERY few guys who are,

But the saints don't have ANY ends who are athletic as those 2 guys.