I Wasnt Real Happy That Coach Smith Said They Were "well Prepared"

Andre5000

35-31 against the "Dream Team"

No one but a few Falcon fans and the players gave the Falcons a chance.

Yet, you think they went out there and did that unprepared?

Yes, there were mistakes- but it was a physically brutal game against a fast, talented team. We won.

I don't blame Coach Smith for being happy. I wouldn't be grumpy at all. Nor am I.

Thump your chest Smitty - you deserve it!

Coach Smith is not going to throws his coaches under a bus...

He's no Petrino.... He would blame everyone else but himself for a loss.

I just wish he was more grumpy like Bellicheck would be. Paul Johnson of GT actually cracks me up. They can win 66-24 and he will find a million things wrong. .Im not saying Smith should be that extreme but they were extremely lucky to get this win.

Yes, there were mistakes- but it was a physically brutal game against a fast, talented team. We won.

I don't blame Coach Smith for being happy. I wouldn't be grumpy at all. Nor am I.

Im happy but WE are supposed to be the "Dream Team" in my opinion. Plus we will play them again maybe, if he acts like we played so good and THEY are the dream team, then its like he's admitting they are better. I want to know we beat them but we arent clicking on all cylinders. I love Smitthy, im not being Grumpy Joe here but i think he should say "We have ALOT to work on"

In boxing they say "Everybody has a plan until they get hit." Falcons got hit, lost momentum, regrouped and won the game. End of story.

I like that saying. I saw a statement like that in the WWII in Color show when we were in the Phillipines. Like as soon as the shooting starts the plan goes out the window or something like that.

The defense looked like crap last year versus Philly. Reverses and gadget plays made them look totally lost. They didn't bite on anything this game.

Even the announcers were slamming Reid for constant gadgets when they had ZERO effect. They effectively put the hurting on Vick. Tony G wore the middle out.

That tells me that Smith had them prepped pretty danged well.

I just wish he was more grumpy like Bellicheck would be. Paul Johnson of GT actually cracks me up. They can win 66-24 and he will find a million things wrong. .Im not saying Smith should be that extreme but they were extremely lucky to get this win.

I don't agree with the notion that the Falcons were lucky... I don't think luck plays much factor in sports at all, save for the odd bounce. Was the game ugly? Yes. Was the execution shaky with mistakes made? Yes. Could the outcome be different next time? Maybe. But make no mistake, the Falcons earned every bit of this win. There's nothing that happened in the game that the Falcons didn't force the Eagles into.

I completely disagree. The Falcons were very well prepared for the game. The Eagles ran several trick plays and none of them worked.

Well that little fake toss trap worked once, but it worked out for the Falcons even better the second time they ran it.

And the tackling was way better in this game than against Chicago.....once the guys got their hands on them.

That McCoy is hard to get your hands on the open field, he is a slippery dude.

reached my like this quotas...but spot on. We beat a team/coaching staff that has been a thorn in our side for along time...and with YKW. The team gave me what I wanted and I can not bring myself to criticise(if necessary) until Sun. against Tampa. Falcons made me proud last Sun night.

I completely disagree. The Falcons were very well prepared for the game. The Eagles ran several trick plays and none of them worked.

Well that little fake toss trap worked once, but it worked out for the Falcons even better the second time they ran it.

And the tackling was way better in this game than against Chicago.....once the guys got their hands on them.

That McCoy is hard to get your hands on the open field, he is a slippery dude.

I'm so glad AR doesn't realize that McCoy is his best player...and waits to use him instead of featuring him. Shady is good.

Hate to be this way, but there are always a couple of people here on the boards who find a way to make a win vs. a tough opponent not be as fun. There are flaws, obviously...but I don't need the coach to stand up there and say, "We've got a lot to work on. The LT sucks. The secondary played terribly." Etc etc.

Well they do have a saying for this...

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"

Total opposite of what I felt in 09 when I heard the YKW cheers late in the game...I could understand it during introductions but not during the game( I bet players(09) felt that).

We gave the Eagles holy heck and beat'm up on the field Sunday. Not 1 dayumm Eagle wanted to tackle MT on the last score...soft batch cookies.

YKW leaving the field to a chorus of Boos was justice...Falcon win priceless. Falcons looked prepared to me...and understood a "real fan's feelings".

I'm so glad AR doesn't realize that McCoy is his best player...and waits to use him instead of featuring him. Shady is good.

I agree. Surprised they don't get the ball in his hands more. He is a little bit fragile though, that may have something to do with it. Dude has some unreal agility though. That move he put on Dunta.........I could only laugh when i saw it.

i must admit a win is a win and i couldnt be happier, but

it was only like 2/3 dream team

mv7 out in 3rd

desean in and out

no VY to come in for MV7

a win is a win, but its hardly the dream team with kafka and steve smith in there

i must admit a win is a win and i couldnt be happier, but

it was only like 2/3 dream team

mv7 out in 3rd

desean in and out

no VY to come in for MV7

a win is a win, but its hardly the dream team with kafka and steve smith in there

You are not even a good Philly fan, Kafka put you in a position to win but JM heard footsteps like Celek and came up short. If it was 2/3 a dream team then you are 2/3 a fan...nothing more nothing less. Pray for YKW recovery and get eff off the TATF boards...troll scum.

What about the last minute and a half? There is nothing wrong with criticising the coaching staff for mis-management....

I agree. Surprised they don't get the ball in his hands more. He is a little bit fragile though, that may have something to do with it. Dude has some unreal agility though. That move he put on Dunta.........I could only laugh when i saw it.

AR will get YKW killed like McNabb(too many pass attempts). AR hates to admit you have to run the football. He's exposed us in the past(play-calling) but this time he could not get away with it. AR is a victim of his own device...why no SB for Philly. You can't put a track team on a football field.

Hate to be this way, but there are always a couple of people here on the boards who find a way to make a win vs. a tough opponent not be as fun. There are flaws, obviously...but I don't need the coach to stand up there and say, "We've got a lot to work on. The LT sucks. The secondary played terribly." Etc etc.

This is my point right here. Most of the people trying to find something to nitpick were probably the ones assuming the Falcons would lose. They can't come in here and say, "I told you so", so they've gotta find something to complain about.

Seriously, what kind of win was anyone around here expecting against a team like the Eagles?

What about the last minute and a half? There is nothing wrong with criticising the coaching staff for mis-management....

If you don't understand the history of this team with AR/Eagles/YKW...then you don't get it. Should be no gripes from Falcon fans this week...a wrong was righted. DS pimp

slapp'n and high stepp'n as a 49er in the dome, katrina bowl,( (07) YKW and Petrino), and 2009 Phi vs ATl...a wrong was righted Sun.(bask in it if you are a Falcons fan).

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

If you don't understand the history of this team with AR/Eagles/YKW...then you don't get it. Should be no gripes from Falcon fans this week...a wrong was righted. DS pimp

slapp'n and high stepp'n as a 49er in the dome, katrina bowl,( (07) YKW and Petrino), and 2009 Phi vs ATl...a wrong was righted Sun.(bask in it if you are a Falcons fan).

Longtime Falcons fan happy to defeat the Eagles/YKW......if the hail mary pass goes in for a TD, no basking, criticism of Mike Smith, the sky falls......poor coaching