2012 Sec Championship Game

Falconsfan567

I know that we just started the 2011 season so making a thread about the 2012 SEC CG is really ******** but I'm gonna do it anyway because I wanna be first. I wanna be the first to say that Tennessee will play Auburn in Atlanta for the 2012 SEC Title. Both will have easier schedules never year. Both will have much more experienced teams next year. According to Phil Steele and his NCAA Experice Chart thingy Auburn ranks dead last in experience in the nation. 120. I don't know what Tennessee's is but from seeing them play a parts of all 3 of their games and just knowing they have a pretty young team this year as well.

Now we don't know how the SEC schedule will change for next year. Auburn's current SEC home games for next year line up as Georgia, Arkansas, LSU and Vanderbilt. Auburn's current SEC road games for next year line up as Ole Miss, Florida, Mississippi State and Alabama. The most challening of those will be the Bama game. They would be best served to get the SEC west locked up before that game.

Tennessee's home SEC games for next year are Florida, Kentucky, Alabama and Arkansas (or Mississippi State) (not sure). Their road SEC games are Georgia, Vanderbilt and South Carolina. I don't know who their 4th SEC road game is.

But trying to use previous SEC schedules to predict future SEC schedules is pointless now since next year we'll have Texas A&M and somebody else. But I really believe that next year this game is going to happen. Call me crazy and you would be right but mark it down in stone.

*Disclaimer* This post subject to change baring unforeseen players getting kicked off teams or so forth.

Auburn has a valid chance. I know im a ga homer, but I yhink they have a better chance than tn. Tjey will have murray, crowell, mitchell and nearly everybody on defense back. Fla loses rainey and demps, sc loses everybody nut lattimore and shaw wasnt good, tn will have a good team with bray and his receivers, but with them playing uga in athens I think you have to give the edge to the dawgs. Watch out for fla and bama though as always

Auburn has a valid chance. I know im a ga homer, but I yhink they have a better chance than tn. Tjey will have murray, crowell, mitchell and nearly everybody on defense back. Fla loses rainey and demps, sc loses everybody nut lattimore and shaw wasnt good, tn will have a good team with bray and his receivers, but with them playing uga in athens I think you have to give the edge to the dawgs. Watch out for fla and bama though as always

It really depends on what happens with Georgia the remained of this year as too how I feel about them for next year. If Richt makes it past this year then yeah they'll have a chance. But if he gets canned then who knows how Georgia will do next year even with Murray and those guys.

I don't think Florida will have the offense next year. They'll have the defense and yes you never count out Bama but they lose a lot after this year but that really hasn't meant much since Saban got there.

Next year has the potential for Tennessee to be the best they have been in a long, long time. I fully expect them to compete for the east and the SEC title. Depth should no longer be an issue and we should be loaded with experience. Plus a much favorable schedule (SEC wise) never hurt.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

I honestly think UF's offense will be better next year. We are very one dimensional right night now with Brantley. I think we'll be much more open when Driskel is in charge. Not having Rainey and Demps will be a challenge but we have several good you backs behind them including Burton who I think will see more time at RB as this year goes on. Also it will be year 2 in Charlies offense. Every member of the defense will return as well as the offensive line.

LSU wil be in the 2012 SEC Championship game IMO. They are going to have Mett under center and he is going to be something for them and unlike Auburn they know how to play defense.

Well you can bet that Jay Jacobs won't stand for Auburn continuing to have a defense that plays this horrible. 3 years ago when Chizik took over depth was a problem. But that's not an excuse now. If the defense doesn't improve before the season is over a change will have to be made with Ted Roof. Nothing he has done so far has made me think he's anything but replaceable.

Next year the East is gonna be a lot more closer to how it should be I think. Florida, Tennessee, Georgia should all be very good teams and battling for the division.

I don't know if UT will be that greatly improved, but they look like they are on their way. UGA and UF should be the prime contenders next year imo, but I could be wrong. I think Bray is greatly overvalued by UT fans and I believe that unless he gets a lot better he will be the one keeping UT back. He makes a ton of terrible decisions in the passing game.

Auburn is not going to win the West next year. Write it down now. Their defense is terrible and for as much praise as Malzahn gets, I don't think he's capable of winning big at this level without transcendent talent.

My guess for next year would be LSU vs UF/UGA.

I for one think Bray is going to get alot better. Hes still very young so hes still learning but hes got a cannon for a arm and good,young WR's. I remember a time when young Mr. Stafford made lots of bad choices.Once he learns he cant fit every throw in there I think he has a chance to be really good.

I for one think Bray is going to get alot better. Hes still very young so hes still learning but hes got a cannon for a arm and good,young WR's. I remember a time when young Mr. Stafford made lots of bad choices.Once he learns he cant fit every throw in there I think he has a chance to be really good.

I'm not gonna disagree with you, but he does have a lot of improvement to make before he comes close to being what most UT fans think he already is. I'm not saying he can't or won't, just that his decision making now does not inspire confidence in his ability to get UT back on top. They have plenty of young weapons around him so it's definitely possible. I wouldn't bet against it, but I'm not really rushing to believe he'll be better than Peyton Manning either..

murray is further along than bray no doubt, but I would have liked to have seen murray progress more in between seasons. he's making mental and mechanical errors in every game so far, and it's stuff he should be past by now... holding onto ball too long, staring down recievers, not reading through progressions. his line hasn't been doing him any favors, but I'm counting on murray playing smarter and more fundamentally sound as we get into SEC play. in fairness to murray, greene didn't have a great statistical year in '03 under similar offensive circumstances, but greene had a lot better defense to help him out. and I wouldn't trade murray for anyone else in the conference. I really think Bama or LSU will win the SEC, but their QB play will prevent them from winning a nat'l championship.

murray is further along than bray no doubt, but I would have liked to have seen murray progress more in between seasons. he's making mental and mechanical errors in every game so far, and it's stuff he should be past by now... holding onto ball too long, staring down recievers, not reading through progressions. his line hasn't been doing him any favors, but I'm counting on murray playing smarter and more fundamentally sound as we get into SEC play. in fairness to murray, greene didn't have a great statistical year in '03 under similar offensive circumstances, but greene had a lot better defense to help him out. and I wouldn't trade murray for anyone else in the conference. I really think Bama or LSU will win the SEC, but their QB play will prevent them from winning a nat'l championship.

Murray reminds me a lot of Favre minus the character issues. He has the ability to do amazing things... Though he's slightly undersized, he has the arm strength to make almost any throw, good accuracy, and the wheels to boot..... HOWEVER, like Favre, Murray has the tendency to try to do too much... That is where the turnovers have come in... When the team around Murray is gelling, I believe he won't put as much pressure on himself to carry the team. Thats when he'll be great... Thats if he quits trying to do too much.

Murray reminds me a lot of Favre minus the character issues. He has the ability to do amazing things... Though he's slightly undersized, he has the arm strength to make almost any throw, good accuracy, and the wheels to boot..... HOWEVER, like Favre, Murray has the tendency to try to do too much... That is where the turnovers have come in... When the team around Murray is gelling, I believe he won't put as much pressure on himself to carry the team. Thats when he'll be great... Thats if he quits trying to do too much.

Murray never seemed to force the ball into coverage as much last year, with or without AJ. I'm sure he's seeing what he's doing wrong in film study and working to correct the stuff I've been talking about. Now it's a matter of actually doing it.

One key to Murray's season will be if Gates can be the answer at LT. If he is, Murray should be more comfortable in the pocket.