About The No-Huddle?

Lord Draakus

The whole game I was like WTH....Where is it. Now circumstance definitely dictated its use but it still seemed that Mularkey was intentionally holding off on it till the 4th quarter. Any thoughts??? With this Falcons team and Matty leading it.....The No huddle is out ticket to the SB. Lets face it...Our offense is predictable and MM's play calling is satisfactory at best. If Matty is to be considered an elite being our QB hes gonna have to follow the Peyton mold. Everybody says he's a game manager.....No-Huddle will make him a Game Master!!!!

Lifes a game U gotta play it while U can!!!!!!!!!

My 2 cents on the subject. I don't think it's in our best interest to go to the no-huddle all the time. Yes, Ryan is awesome at it and we score a lot of points using it. But, hear me out.

Fast strike teams like the Eagles and Saints are able to get back into games quickly. Against those teams, we start the game traditional, slow paced, power rushing. Try to play ball control, score some points, and keep our defense rested. By halftime, we know how they are defending us out of particular formations, we know where we have the matchups we want, and we know which plays we want when they give us those looks. In the 2nd half when their defense is a little worn down and beat up, we pick up the pace on them with the no huddle. The halftime adjustments they made are not going to help when our offense kicks it into a different gear. Their offense will also be playing against the clock, making their playcalling more predictable and hopefully allow our defense to attack the passer.

Other teams do not play well from behind. Against those teams, we go no huddle out of the gate to try to get a quick lead. After we are up by 2 possessions, we slow it back down trying to rest our d, bleed the clock, and put more pressure on them to abandon their run games.

Good point Pzummo In the no-huddle u can adjust the pace to what you want and it puts more playmakers on the field at on time. The no- huddle reminds me of the K-gun the bills used to run years ago with Kelly. Since Mike left our offense has been searching for a signature and I think this is it. Our ability to shift to it on the fly. It means giving Matty more control of the offense and the authority to switch to it in game. Most specifically 3rd quarter. Why we always suck in the 3rd quarter is beyond me??? That 3 and out after halftime was the worst...we should have at least got 3 points out of that drive or better field position. Its the only way I see us not being predictable in a MM offense.......