Just To Stir The Pot A Little Bit....

Robb4242

There was a lot of debate about who was going to be the better receiver, even before it was known we were thinking about trading up.

Julio Jones

7 receptions

100 yards

14.3 ypc

0 TDs

AJ Green with a rookie QB

11 receptions

165 yards

15.0 ypc

2 TDs

It's very early, just 2 games, but both receivers have looked good. Jones is becoming a favorite target of Ryan (not sure where to find the targeted stats, but I think JJ might lead the team for WRs targeted), and I think we'll see his production increase. But IMO, AJ has looked like the more polished and NFL ready of the 2 receivers thus far. Question is, how will he hold up over a full season? I think this is going to be a great battle throughout their careers to see which becomes the best receiver from this draft.

i don't care much about who gets more yards or td's... we got a great player, they got a great player... Julio is gonna help us out a lot, AJ is gonna help them out a lot.

while it is true that Julio has been covered by better corners these first two games, i think it is way too early to draw any conclusions on these two compared to each other... the only conclusion i can come up with is that i think both will be great receivers in this league for years.

Edited by FalconsfanDK

Real interesting piece by Bill Simmons on ESPN about how to beat the Eagles. Part of it was, 3rd corner for the eagles is so much better than their 3rd LB that staying out of 3 WR sets and keeping DRC on the sidelines was the way to go, even if you had to keep Jones on the sideline.

Ryan and Jones have missed connections on a couple of bombs so far-once they start hitting, this O will look different.

Real interesting piece by Bill Simmons on ESPN about how to beat the Eagles. Part of it was, 3rd corner for the eagles is so much better than their 3rd LB that staying out of 3 WR sets and keeping DRC on the sidelines was the way to go, even if you had to keep Jones on the sideline.

Ryan and Jones have missed connections on a couple of bombs so far-once they start hitting, this O will look different.

i also saw the eagles trying to compensate the gashing we were giving them up the middle or through their lb exploits that nnamdi and samuel both were playing free safety cheating in the middle on certain plays

anyone else notice that?