Dunta Robinson Is Not The Problem.

Big Rob 64

Dunta Robinson is misused in a soft squishy zone scheme. When we signed him, we already knew his skill-set was that of a man-cover corner. Either TD screwed up by signing a player who didn't fit the scheme, BVG is a complete tool for misusing the talent given him (my vote raht thar), and/or both for not communicating effectively.

Put Dunta on a receiver and let him try to lock him up. If he succeeds, then we got the player we thought we were getting when we signed him. If he can't do that, then we know he's a bust.

As it stands, he is a square peg in a round hole, AND THAT IS NOT HIS FAULT. He hasn't pulled a Haynesworth and complained about the system; he's manned up and tried to fit the scheme (as bad as that scheme fits him) without gripes, complaints, or gold-bricking in protest. Let him do what he does best, and then judge him on that basis.

Dunta is the heart of the defense. Not Abe, Not Babs, Dunta. That hit on Maclin changed the game. If a man doesn't respect you, he'll try anything at anytime without caution. But if you knock his **** in the dirt and walk away unconcerned about his health. He'll think twice about coming across the middle. This is a man's sport! Man up or sit down.

In the game notice how we used dunta he played some slot he played so press coverage man on his side and he was very effective ...... Most give completions were over top of our lb's ....and when he played zone I think he did better this game the completion thrown by Kafka was sanders fault ...... The only thing I like about the soft zone is it gives dunta a chance to see who he gone smack the s%i* out of next ...... For a 5foot 10 180pound corner he hits like Willie mo I liked our secondary gm two less mistakes from sander and hayden I'm excited

Have to agree there. Look at the way he played at Houston compared to now.

He played exactly the same in Houston as he is playing now. Why do people think this guy was a superstar? Oh wait, I know, it's because of that big phat contract.

He was never worthy of that kind of money.

He had a good rookie year, then dropped off. Then he blew out his knee and was average, but tough.

Which is exactly what he is now and will forever be.

But he can't cover man on man consistently. If the Falcons put him in man for more than a play or two a team will slant him to death. He can't cover it, not quick enough.

He played exactly the same in Houston as he is playing now. Why do people think this guy was a superstar? Oh wait, I know, it's because of that big phat contract.

He was never worthy of that kind of money.

He had a good rookie year, then dropped off. Then he blew out his knee and was average, but tough.

Which is exactly what he is now and will forever be.

But he can't cover man on man consistently. If the Falcons put him in man for more than a play or two a team will slant him to death. He can't cover it, not quick enough.

So start Hayden and play Dante at nickle? That might work

So start Hayden and play Dante at nickle? That might work

I think the way to use him is to mix up your coverages, just the way BVG did the other night.

I mean....if anybody thought the Falcons were just going to shut down that offense....with all those playmakers.....just silly, wasn't going to happen.

The result they got, which was a win, was really the best you could hope for.

I will say the drive after the TD that made the score 21-10 was disturbingly easy, but I haven't reviewed the second half of the game yet, so can't provide any more commentary than that.

I liked Dunta in Houston too. I can't imagine all his talent just went poof. Some of it has to be the system. Cover 2 Man would help.

You have to understand that the leg inury that Dunta Robinson suffered in 2007 was as bad as it gets.

10 years ago it would have been a career ender.

Not only did he suffer a completely ripped ACL, but his hamstring muscles was completely separated from the bone. It was a devastating injury. He was never going to be quite the same after that.

Its the scheme, Good QB's will find holes in this soft zone and pick it apart. It doesnt help that dunta falls down often in coverage and the guy in his area goes to the house. ala Mike williams

An excellent example of my previously mentioned point that he can't cover the slant.

1) He played exactly the same in Houston as he is playing now.

2) Why do people think this guy was a superstar?

3) Oh wait, I know, it's because of that big phat contract.

1) Wrong. In Houston he was playing man-cover. Completely different responsibility and skill-set.

2) Because he was one of the best cover men in the league.

3) Wrong. He got the big contract BECAUSE of his coverage ability demonstrated during his time in Houston.

Dunta is the heart of the defense. Not Abe, Not Babs, Dunta. That hit on Maclin changed the game. If a man doesn't respect you, he'll try anything at anytime without caution. But if you knock his **** in the dirt and walk away unconcerned about his health. He'll think twice about coming across the middle. This is a man's sport! Man up or sit down.

Fear is a factor is football. Ask the Steelers and Ravens.

You have to punch a guy in the mouth sometime and get the dirty label. Kinda like how Mayweather did Ortiz.

You cant care about being called dirty, you have to knock a MF out if the try to play you! Period.

No Dunta is a bum.

Look at this video min 1:26 mark. Dude doesn't hustle. Wheather he would have caught irrelevent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqkq8LLWrE

Dude got burnt Bad by a wr

The Reshard Mendenhall Game winning td from last year wasn't hustling again Irrelevent if he catches him or not dude wasn't showing any urgency to catch him. Now look at my video I posted The Ray Edwards fumble Desean Could have just figured "ehh I won't even try he got some blockers it's useless" nah instead he TRIED

Yea he layed a couple brutal hits...... but in the end all the falcons got out of it was 2 15 yard penalties

If it's the freaking scheme change it so the Falcons can get their money out of him till then HE IS A BUM

Edited by Sleepy27