D Rob......repeat Offender?

ditchdoc57

All over the sports talking heads, Sportscenter, Jim Rome, etc....they are makeing a big deal that D Rob is a dirty player, repeat offender. I for one say..........Woo Hoo!!! I want recievers to be afraid as they run their routes. I dont think either of the hits he was fined for were illegal, but thats my opinion. What I do like is that our D is geting a rep of hard hits. I hope we get a few more guys with that rep.

i think the whole thing is overblown. 5-10 years ago that hit would've been ok. steve atwater and john lynch got their reputations after hits like those.

is it illegal now? yes, but i wouldn't say it was dirty. dirty would be going at a guy's knees, sucker punching somebody, hitting somebody after the whistle, trying to gouge someone's eyes (like the aints did to abe), etc.

I'm enjoying the fact that the Eagles learned that if you take cheap/dirty shots on our players, you will be knocked out. I'm beginning to view Dunta as our enforcer to some extent even though I did not consider his hit to be dirty. Commentators tend to overreact to his hits because the player gets knocked out when there wouldn't be any complaints at all if the player had gotten up. They figure that if the player gets his bell rung, then it must be dirty. Maybe if our players just rolled around on the ground like a soccer player, then the commentators would recognize the dirty hits coming our way.

The media is so ridiculous. Anyone that knows D-Rob can tell you that he's not a dirty player, I think it was obvious that D-Rob didn't even mean to hit Maclin in the head. He was aiming for the upper chest I think. Last year's hit was definitely legal.

What about James Harrisson, or whatever that LB of the Steelers name is. He is repeatedly fined and intentionally hits people in the head. He even punched a downed Cardinal in the face repeatedly during the '08 Super Bowl, suplexes Vince Young on a sack, yet they love him. He isn't considered a dirty player, he's just playing hard. BS

Idiots in this thread. A Helmet to Helmet hit is very dangerous. Let me educate you. They can cause paralysis and severe concussions at a extremely high rate. They also require more effort to make than a regular tackle since it involves leading with your helmet at full speed into the opposition. Dunta had plenty of time to make a clean tackle he chose to launch his helmet into another. It is a dirty hit and only a falcons fan would be so clueless to say otherwise. The funny part is if it was a Eagles player doing it to Julio Jones or Roddy white you guys would be whining about how dirty it is. This board is full hypocrites.

Idiots in this thread. A Helmet to Helmet hit is very dangerous. Let me educate you. They can cause paralysis and severe concussions at a extremely high rate. They also require more effort to make than a regular tackle since it involves leading with your helmet at full speed into the opposition. Dunta had plenty of time to make a clean tackle he chose to launch his helmet into another. It is a dirty hit and only a falcons fan would be so clueless to say otherwise. The funny part is if it was a Eagles player doing it to Julio Jones or Roddy white you guys would be whining about how dirty it is. This board is full hypocrites.

They did, or did you not watch the game. And this was shoulder to chest with glancing contact with the helmet.

thank you for educating me.

now do me a favor, watch the play over again

You are the idiot .......people think these guys have complete control over their bodies when they are flying around full speed ...you don't always have time to " plan " your hit. LMFAO ..obviously, like Goodello, you never played the fkng game .........

Thanks Freebird, its Nancy's like that that really __ss me off, they never played and cant understand. In a game like that with emotions running high, you hit people, it is the nature of a player.

Yea, these fools actually think these guys have time to think during a play .the thinking is done before the play, once the ball is snapped you are operating purely on instinct and adrenaline ......hits fkng happen .........even ballerinas get hit once in awhile, LMFAO ........

It seems your the only one here with a narrow point of view buddy. The hit was NOT a clearly dirty hit. Oh and i don't need your second grade attempt at educating me about what helmet to helmet hits can do to somebody.

Repeat offender my ***.

The hit on Jackson last year was LEGAL. He led with the shoulder pad and the helmet contact occurred when Jackson's head whipped forward AFTER the hit. It's not Robinson's fault Desean is built like a 12-year-old girl and got knocked out.

The hit against Maclin was a little more questionable and probably deserved a fine. Wasn't nearly as flagrant or "dirty" as crybaby Collinsworth made it out to be, though...

I'm enjoying the fact that the Eagles learned that if you take cheap/dirty shots on our players, you will be knocked out. I'm beginning to view Dunta as our enforcer to some extent even though I did not consider his hit to be dirty. Commentators tend to overreact to his hits because the player gets knocked out when there wouldn't be any complaints at all if the player had gotten up. They figure that if the player gets his bell rung, then it must be dirty. Maybe if our players just rolled around on the ground like a soccer player, then the commentators would recognize the dirty hits coming our way.

I agree with you totally. They only comment when a guy doesnt get up. How bout the Eagles lineman who blatantly went with his helmet to Matt Ryan's helmet? They didn't even throw a flag, BUT if Matt had been knocked out what would the response have been?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to get hurt out there. I can't imagine any player intentionally hits with his helmet at full speed out there knowing he is just as likely to end up paralyzed as the other guy. The funny thing is I can't recall Dunta hitting anyone in the head in any other game since he has been here. My own take on this is that it was unintentional, BUT only Dunta knows that for sure. Meanwhile I will give him the benefit of the doubt. But the league did the right thing fining him to send a clear message about player safety.

Meanwhile, even without that hit, our D is really impressing me with the intensity of their hitting and I love it. IMHO Macklin's drop on that last play was the direct result of "hearing footsteps."

We haven't had a big hitter since Jessie left. Some of my favorite memories are of Scott Case and Tom Pridemore who were two of the best hitters we ever had here.

Big hits cause big plays in the NFL, and send a clear message to the other team.