Week 3 Predictions

bossFALCON™

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints over Texans......Time for a dose of reality Texans.

Giants over Eagles.......As bad as the Giants are, they will crush the Eagles minus Vick.

Jags over Panthers......Newton can put up 600yds. and won't win this game.

Falcons at Bucs......I'm not calling this one...Bucs better keep it close or they have no shot...

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Saints over Texans......Time for a dose of reality Texans.

Giants over Eagles.......As bad as the Giants are, they will crush the Eagles minus Vick.

Jags over Panthers......Newton can put up 600yds. and won't win this game.

Falcons at Bucs......I'm not calling this one...Bucs better keep it close or they have no shot...

WE've kept the last 2 very close, if Not for their LUCK they'd of been 11-5 last season at best and we would've been 12-4. :lol: :lol: :P

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I predict about 375 yards by Freeman! 2 td's...

Same here, with another 115 yards & 2 TDs from Blount with Josh running for another one. That's 35 points, just about average for that fearsome Falcons Defense! It's our defensive line that concerns me though. If they can rattle WhiteBread/MilkToast (Ryan) The BUCS can really put a hurting on the Falcons, but of course that could NEVER happen with WhiteBread/MilkToast at quarterback for the Falcons. Just ask any of the HOMERS here. :lol: :lol:

Exactly what I'm thinking as of right now, although I'm tempted to go with Jacksonville if they make the quarterback switch official.

Why? Even without beason and Davis missing half the game, the Panthers still gave Rodgers fits (considering we had 4 turnovers and they still only won by one score). Why would a rookie qb, that hasn't had any reps with the first string offense yet this season, be a more imposing force than Rodgers?

WE've kept the last 2 very close, if Not for their LUCK they'd of been 11-5 last season at best and we would've been 12-4. :lol: :lol: :P

AT SOME POINT JOHN, YOU GOT TO FIGURE ITS MORE THAN LUCK.

BUT OUR GAMES ARE CLOSE. IN CLOSE GAMES .... WHO WANTS

IT THE MOST? WE'LL SEE SUNDAY. AS FOR ME, AS ALWAYS, IF

WE WIN ... WE WIN. IF WE LOSE .... WE JUST LOSE. B)

Why? Even without beason and Davis missing half the game, the Panthers still gave Rodgers fits (considering we had 4 turnovers and they still only won by one score). Why would a rookie qb, that hasn't had any reps with the first string offense yet this season, be a more imposing force than Rodgers?

Because you're also taking on a real running game with a badly depleted front seven. If they put Gabbert in and get a decent game out of him they can limit the possessions Newton has to work with and take D-Will and Stewart out of the equation early, but if they keep Cool Hand Luke in there he might turn the ball over a few times, let the Panthers take the lead, and not have the ability to bring the Jags back.

Because you're also taking on a real running game with a badly depleted front seven. If they put Gabbert in and get a decent game out of him they can limit the possessions Newton has to work with and take D-Will and Stewart out of the equation early, but if they keep Cool Hand Luke in there he might turn the ball over a few times, let the Panthers take the lead, and not have the ability to bring the Jags back.

Luke was playing against the Jets. A defense not exactly known for being kind to Qbs.

Jags strength has been their run defense, their weakness is a pretty big one, it's their pass defense. It's not like the Jags have a Woodson on their defense that has put up HOF numbers by fooling countless Qbs. Run or not, if they let Newton torch them......I can see it being a shootout, and I the Jags are one of the teams in the league, I think the Panthers can win in a shootout against.

Luke was playing against the Jets. A defense not exactly known for being kind to Qbs.

Jags strength has been their run defense, their weakness is a pretty big one, it's their pass defense. It's not like the Jags have a Woodson on their defense that has put up HOF numbers by fooling countless Qbs. Run or not, if they let Newton torch them......I can see it being a shootout, and I the Jags are one of the teams in the league, I think the Panthers can win in a shootout against.

The Panthers will have to make it a shootout, otherwise the Jags will be happy to eat up clock and wear down that defense. As good as Newton's been his first two games, the Panthers haven't actually put up a lot of points yet, largely because they couldn't get it done inside the 20. That has to change to beat a team like the Jags, although the Panthers certainly appear to have an advantage against Jacksonville's secondary.