Observations On Sunday ... Just Good And Bad ... No Ugly

MagnusXXIII

Refs really sc&wed us ... The non interception and the helmet to helmet on Ryan far worse than Dunta's hit. Abe constantly held.

Dunta played great. Key pass breakup late in the game. Great coverage throughout.

Spoon played great ... Only whiffed on blocking for Edwards on his return (watch if you got it).

Tony G played like a man possessed.

This is not a game we won because Vick got knocked out in the 3rd ... Wait a minute ... It is a game we won because Vick was knocked out.

We were more physical.

To hear our own supposed fans to say "what if"...

We were up 11 points with "if" ... they punched back and it was our turn regardless of the QB.

Vick was beat up before that last hit by Moore.

Actually the best thing that happened for the Eagles is that Vick went out.

We were tougher than them while being nicer than them.

Ryan might be a adolescent giraffe sometimes ... But he is tough.

He is tough. And again a winner.

While it appeared that some man coverage plays were actually called for Dunta, he was still missing tackles, allowing a player to run 10-20 yards past him. Dunta played slightly better last night, but was still beat on a post route. Maybe Hayden will be a better zone corner and will assume the starting job soon. Only problem then is our NB spot. For some reason I don't think Dunta would be good at all at nickel. I honestly wish Dunta well, and have no problem with him personally, but he has had more than enough time to adjust to this system, and regardless of the scheme, there is no excuse for missing tackles repeatedly.

Ryan took some of the hardest hits I've seen in a while, he passed the toughness test as some people were toting him as soft.

I think this was the most key observation on this board. Forget the stats: having a QB that can get his azz whupped and still come back fighting--and win--is huge.

I think this was the most key observation on this board. Forget the stats: having a QB that can get his azz whupped and still come back fighting--and win--is huge.

Agree with this.After the punishment dished out on Ryan I'll say it now I have no more doubts with this guy if our O-line improves good luck to the rest of the league.