Irritated

robbyb03

To start, I've been a Falcons fan from the moment I was born. I've been to a Falcons' Super Bowl game and two other Super Bowls in the Georgia Dome. I was fortunate to attend all, but two home games for the Falcons from 1992 until 2008. I absolutely 100% love to support and root for my hometown team, but I have problems with the current NFL that is causing me to love college football more and more each day and the NFL less and less.

1) The lockout

I don't care who was at fault for allowing the lockout to extend past 100 days, but it was foolish. It has put a really bad taste in my mouth towards the NFL and the greatness that it once was.

2) The "new" kickoff procedures

Why in the **** were they thinking? It is absolutely pointless to watch a pro kicker or punter have almost every kickoff result in a touchback. There goes the need for Cribbs, Hester, et cetera.

3) The "new" fine system

It is plain and simple garbage. This isn't touch football. There are big hits and great plays that bring fans to the game, but don't fine players for delivering a hard, well timed hit to knocks the ball loose or breaks up a pass. It would be the same as NASCAR started issuing fines to drivers for getting in wrecks. Fans watch for the excitement and there eventually is going to be little to no excitement if players are afraid of delivering a big hit because they may get fined $50K for causing a fumble if it is too "aggressive."

4) Quarterbacks

They have become the weakest and whiniest players in any major league sport. If you even breath on them, penalty and fine! If you run into them, hold them so they don't fall, but touched them in the process, PENALTY!

5) The Advanced Pat Down Procedures

Why the **** is the NFL allowing TSA quality groping to occur to fans who want to enter a football game? If some idiot brings and illegally uses a taser at a football game, prosecute him to the maximum extent of the law, but don't punish the good fans by requiring them to be groped before going inside to watch a flag football game, buy $8 beer, and as season ticket holders be forced to by preseason tickets at the same cost as a regular season game ticket!

6) New Practice Procedures

No two a days? A reduced limit on padded practice? Are you kidding me???

7) Stopping Celebrations

If an opposing team doesn't want a player to celebrate a TD or a big play, then don't allow them to make a play! Don't whine about it, stop it from happening on the field.

The "advanced pat downs" are a joke. Those guys don't want to touch you more than you want them to. It's a laughable 'security' that consists of barely touching you arms and below your knees

Then is the NFL even endorsing it at all? If they "cared" about fan safety then we should all strip down, go through metal detectors, go through bomb sniffing dogs, have armed guards in every section, et cetera. What happened to the good ole days when you could go to a game without being subject to ####### like what is occuring now?

1. Meh, football is back.

2. No idea. At least we drafted a guy who can't hit the endzone even from the 35 to keep things interesting. Thanks TD.

3. Give Goodell time, football will be a non-contact sport. Someone should just buy him an xbox and lock him in a room. Make sure it's padded so he doesn't chip a nail.

4. You're going to pay me more money than anyone else on the team and I never get touched? Deal.

5. Patdowns should be administered by cheerleaders. Alternatively, save money on tickets and beer and buy a really nice tv, chair and 6x as much beer. Wait out the league.

6. Meh, wait and see.

7. Great point.

The "advanced pat downs" are a joke. Those guys don't want to touch you more than you want them to. It's a laughable 'security' that consists of barely touching you arms and below your knees

This is true too. I was patted on the shoulder once and waived through another time. The women's line seems to move much slower, had to wait both times.

Numbers 4 and 7 are my utmost pet peeves. I am tired of these QBs and even placekickers getting treated like they play golf or something. Placekickers want to be respected as football players. Well, their azzes need to learn how to tackle like everybody else and at least have some semblance of an athletic bone in their body. I will never understand this fragile approach to QBs by the NFL. Afterall, this is a contact, physical sport.

I do not understand why people have a stick up their butt when it comes to celebrations. Some may be extreme, but phuck it. This is a GAME, SPORT, for pure entertainment and nothing else. I understand the need for professionalism and sportsmanship, but they had started to get out of hand a few seasons ago with the penalties for celebrations. I like the arrogance and bravado of NFL players. Who the phuck wants a bunch of choir boys playing a man's sport?!

Edited by JoeSr

I agree with the patdowns statement you made. This is the police state we live in now, expect it to get worse until more people wake up and put a stop to it. Some TSA clown or dome employee can save you if someones intent is to hurt you.

Secondly, I agree with the kick off statement you said.

Third, I'm pissed off Mike Mularkey still has a job today.

It is unbelievable how "bad" the NFL is turning out to be under Roger... I remember when players like Deion would high step an INT back for 6. If teams didn't like it, they gameplanned away from him. Now, Deion would probably receive an unsportsmanlike penalty and a fine when the game is over simply for making a great defensive play.