The Falcon Identity

Over the past couple of days I've noticed a few posters question that we lacked an Identity as a team. Well I think I have an idea of what it is.

This team is very resilient and does what it takes to win. A survivalist mentality I guess you can put it as. When we play teams equal to, or better we capitilize on any miss-steps the opponent gives us and pull it out in the end.

Examples:

2008 Chicago: squib kick to Norwood. Gives us position to set up for field goal

2009 Chicago: goal line fumble by forte, drove the field and scored

2010 Green Bay: Rodgers fumble on goal line, drove the field and scored

2011 Eagles: Edwards fumble recovery on goal line. set up touchdown.

There are many others as well. This team can get outplayed all game but if you make one mistake they will jump on the chance to turn the tides in a second.

I was roaming a few boards last night and one person compared this team to Rocky Balboa. I think he may be right.

Edited by Atl/0

Over the past couple of days I've noticed a few posters question that we lacked an Identity as a team. Well I think I have an idea of what it is.

This team is very resilient and does what it takes to win. A survivalist mentality I guess you can put it as. When we play teams equal to, or better we capitilize on any miss-steps the opponent gives us and pull it out in the end.

Examples:

2008 Chicago: squib kick to Norwood. Gives us position to set up for field goal

2009 Chicago: goal line fumble by forte, drove the field and scored

2010 Green Bay: Rodgers fumble on goal line, drove the field and scored

2011 Eagles: Edwards fumble recovery on goal line. set up touchdown.

There are many others as well. This team can get outplayed all game but if you make one mistake they will jump on the chance to turn the tides in a second.

I was roaming a few boards last night and one person compared this team to Rocky Bamboa. I think he may be right.

This guy? :P

16-frank-stallone.jpg

Edited by Goal Line D

Dang so the falcons are brain dead with speech problems? Terrible! Just playing personally i dont like comparison only cause i think rocky movies were rediculous..... dude never put his hands up would get slugged at will for 11 rounds and magically come back.

That's exactly how the Falcons play. They tough it out till the very end and somehow pulls out a victory. That takes a lot of heart.

More like a lack of identity.

from ESPN

"Man, right now we don't have an identity, and that's half our problem," Falcons wide receiver Roddy White said afterward. "We don't have an identity. We're just going out there, and I feel like right now we've played two games and we haven't played our style of football yet. We've played into the hands of our opponents and at the last minute we come up here and made some plays."

Ryan needs to have the Reins taken off of him, and given the Green light to run the no huddle/hurry up.

Our best plays last night, were when Matt was in complete control. He settles down in the pocket, reads the defense, and makes the CORRECT call, instead of a scripted MM play.

We had been trying that gap run with Turner all night in bad coverage, and then Matt sees a good look, and bam turner for 61.

Same with Rockets to Gonzo, White, and HD.

Ryan is most comfortable when he can call the plays.

It's true. When you play the Eagles, Packers, Saints, Patriots, Steelers, and Ravens, you know what you're getting. When you play the Falcons, you think you may get heavy run on offense and a porous defense but may get the opposite. We aren't known for anything.

We are known for gutting out wins.

That's why you see analysts kind of confused why we have so many wins at the end of the season because we don't really do anything that stands out like the teams you listed. They just win lol.