Falcons Being Called Dirty

Falcons115

This is mainly because of the Dunta hitm and that it happened last year, but I just read somebody say the Falcons as an Organization should be made an example of, which is quite laughable considering all the dirty plays last nigh by the Eagles, its just 1 or 2 guys, but you know there's gotta be more. How does everybody feel the Falcons as a whole being called "dirty"?

This is mainly because of the Dunta hitm and that it happened last year, but I just read somebody say the Falcons as an Organization should be made an example of, which is quite laughable considering all the dirty plays last nigh by the Eagles, its just 1 or 2 guys, but you know there's gotta be more. How does everybody feel the Falcons as a whole being called "dirty"?

I never care what anyone says about the Falcons. After being a fan of this team for 31 years I have learned to isolate myself from criticism or else I would not be a fan anymore.

Who cares what anyone thinks about our team?

This stuff is really getting out of hand. This is FOOTBALL not water polo we're talking about! Players know the risk when they sign up for this sport as a career. Of course safty is important, but at some point the game still has to be played and at the speed of today's game injuries are simply unavoidable.

Edited by Goal Line D

The media manufactures all this vick redemption rubbish, and spend ther week protraying us as the bad guys for not waiting in the gutter for 3 yers whilst our convicted felon franchise QB did time in prison. They did it for the false hype/ratings, just as we were falsely billed as the bad guys in the Katrina Bowl game).

The media just hates the Falcons, and they love them some Mike Vick - hence the excuses and criticisms.

1 hit by Dunta or the 3 head shots on Ryan by the Eagles plus an attempted head shot that missed on Roddy when he caught a pass across the middle. 4 dirty shots at a minimum by the eagirls but the 1 by the Falcons makes us the dirty team.

guinness-brilliant.jpg

I would respect it if Dunta was actually a good player. It's pretty sad when you have to result to trying to give a guy a concussion because you can't cover.

Dunta couldn't cover my grandmother wearing her robe and slippers, but I doubt he would try to give an opposing player a concussion or any other serious injury. If you actually look at the video, you see Dunta's path is going ACROSS and in front of Maclin, NOT TOWARD HIM. If their helmets hadn't touched, the hit would only have been with the shoulder. Also the possibility of having to pay a $50,000 fine for an illegal hit is something even rich pro ball players would rather not have to cough up.

How in the he!! are you supposed to hit a guy with your shoulder pads, yet NOT lead with the helmet????? Dunta's not a freakin' turtle. He can't just suck his head into his body right before impact.

He put his shoulder into the guy and there was incidental contact with the helmets. He hits hard, so the refs just feel obligated to throw a flag, even though this hit (and the one last year) are both totally within the rules. The fine lasy season was BS, and this one will be even bigger BS.