• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mon Sep 19 12:09am EDT

Vick points out scoreboard to booing fans, then Eagles lose

By Chris Chase

As an injured Michael Vick(notes) walked to the locker room and was showered with jeers from Atlanta Falcons fans, he brazenly pointed twice at the scoreboard. The Philadelphia Eagles were leading 31-21 and Vick was letting his old fans know it.

Vick was still in the locker room getting care for his injured neck when the game ended. Had he been on the field, Falcons fans surely would have helpfully pointed out the adjusted score: Atlanta 35, Philadelphia 31.

Given a boost by Vick's absence, the Falcons offense began to click and scored 14 unanswered. Backup Philadelphia quarterback Mike Kafka(notes) performed admirably in his reserve role, but a dropped fourth-down pass late in the game sealed the Falcons victory.

For all the improvements Vick and the various sycophants who blindly defend him say he's made, one thing he hasn't changed is that cocksure braggadocio. Pointing to the scoreboard is hardly a capital offense. It's still juvenile and petty and should be beneath most professional athletes, particularly ones who are in the midst of major career rehabilitation. Plenty of stars get booed and don't point up to the scoreboard like a hotshot high school quarterback.

At least Vick used his index finger to point out the score. He's been known to walk off the field in Atlanta raising a different one.

http://boards.atlant...s.com/index.php?

Mon Sep 19 12:09am EDT

Vick points out scoreboard to booing fans, then Eagles lose

By Chris Chase

As an injured Michael Vick(notes) walked to the locker room and was showered with jeers from Atlanta Falcons fans, he brazenly pointed twice at the scoreboard. The Philadelphia Eagles were leading 31-21 and Vick was letting his old fans know it.

Vick was still in the locker room getting care for his injured neck when the game ended. Had he been on the field, Falcons fans surely would have helpfully pointed out the adjusted score: Atlanta 35, Philadelphia 31.

Given a boost by Vick's absence, the Falcons offense began to click and scored 14 unanswered. Backup Philadelphia quarterback Mike Kafka(notes) performed admirably in his reserve role, but a dropped fourth-down pass late in the game sealed the Falcons victory.

For all the improvements Vick and the various sycophants who blindly defend him say he's made, one thing he hasn't changed is that cocksure braggadocio. Pointing to the scoreboard is hardly a capital offense. It's still juvenile and petty and should be beneath most professional athletes, particularly ones who are in the midst of major career rehabilitation. Plenty of stars get booed and don't point up to the scoreboard like a hotshot high school quarterback.

At least Vick used his index finger to point out the score. He's been known to walk off the field in Atlanta raising a different one.

http://boards.atlant...s.com/index.php?

Just out of curiosity, why does Vick get the free pass and Brooking gets crucified? Very hypocritical.

Just out of curiosity, why does Vick get the free pass and Brooking gets crucified? Very hypocritical.

Where did Vick get a pass? Where did Brooking get crucified?

Both have their share of critics and fans. Each set of fans will defend and each set of critics will criticize.

Just the way it is.

"Given a boost by Vick's absence, the Falcons offense began to click and scored 14 unanswered."

Pretty good article, but I dont get the part about our offense getting a boost from Vick's absence. The Eagles like to run in the 4th quarter, so Vick may not have been as important to the outcome as some may have us believe.

Regardless, our offense just plain took it to their defense in the 4th quarter under the great leadership of Ryan. Great run by Turner, and that was nice blocking on that play by the O-line.

"Given a boost by Vick's absence, the Falcons offense began to click and scored 14 unanswered."

Pretty good article, but I dont get the part about our offense getting a boost from Vick's absence. The Eagles like to run in the 4th quarter, so Vick may not have been as important to the outcome as some may have us believe.

Regardless, our offense just plain took it to their defense in the 4th quarter under the great leadership of Ryan. Great run by Turner, and that was nice blocking on that play by the O-line.

with vick in the game, our scheme was different then with him out. Kafka played better than expected.

what was the deal with the piped in fake "boos", that was just awful. When did our franchise start this?

with vick in the game, our scheme was different then with him out. Kafka played better than expected.

what was the deal with the piped in fake "boos", that was just awful. When did our franchise start this?

Not sure where you were sitting - but there were plenty of real boos around where I was at. I never heard any "piped in" boos. Try again.

Not sure where you were sitting - but there were plenty of real boos around where I was at. I never heard any "piped in" boos. Try again.

the entire game was full of them. 40 yard line visitors side.

they would play them everytime the eagles would come out of the locker room.

i was in there @ 7pm and the punter and long snapper came out and the fake boos were loud as can be.

it was hilarious.

maybe 1,000 people in there and it was the entire stadium loud, no way on earth could the 1,000 ( if they were paying attention) make that much noise.

yes there were tons of real boos, but im talking about the audio taped ones they play.

btw it is illegal to play "cheering" in nfl game, but the rule doesnt say you cannot play "boos"

im just curious why they started it? or when they started it?

there

i was in there @ 7pm and the punter and long snapper came out and the fake boos were loud as can be.

it was hilarious.

maybe 1,000 people in there and it was the entire stadium loud, no way on earth could the 1,000 ( if they were paying attention) make that much noise.

yes there were tons of real boos, but im talking about the audio taped ones they play.

btw it is illegal to play "cheering" in nfl game, but the rule doesnt say you cannot play "boos"

there

Sorry - does not fly. Those boos were real. There were more than 1000 people in there. I'm on the 42 yard line - Falcons side. I'm in the door when it opens - 2 hours before the game.

No - we don't have a lot of people in the stands before every game - but there are way more than 1000. Secondly, there are about 20,000+ roaming in the concourses getting food - and watching the screens - and joining in the booing when needed.

There were no pumped in boos.

I can tell you from first hand, being right above the Opposing teams tunnel, that there were no "fake boos."

They were all real, we all were thumbs downing, and booing Mike Vick off the field after he got hurt, and booed him everytime he took the field.

It was straight Rowdy last night, and that had to be the most satisfying, glorious game I have ever been a part of.

Rise.

it was hilarious.

there

it was hilarious.

there

Are you ******* kidding me? Do you realize how ridicules you sound? This is without the dumbest thing I've heard since I heard Obama got elected. Let me guess, bush was the mastermind behind 9/11 too?

I thought this was the greatest part of the game. Vick still acting immature and pointing out the SB and then Philly turns around and loses the game.

fake boos i can see that. :huh: ... lets not forget about the sears mannequins in red Vick jerseys all over the stadium, who do they thinks their foolin?!

had to make one change to your post... I think they are trying to fool us real Falcons fan into believing that they are Falcons fan too! lmao

Edited by FalconsLionsFan87

Fake boos and the billboard prompting everyone to know when to get loud. Funny how bad a fan base is when you need to bribe them into their seats on time, half of them support the opposing teams QB and need instructions on when to get loud, Lol

Edited by Big A

Fake boos and the billboard prompting everyone to know when to get loud. Funny how bad a fan base is when you need to bribe them into their seats on time, half of them support the opposing teams QB and need instructions on when to get loud, Lol

You know what - you are starting to sound scared. Maybe you're not - but you're sounding that way. It's how you come across. Seriously.

Dear Mike Vick, although you were driving down the field at will by the 3rd qtr with 3 TD drives in a row, and completely outplayed our mediocre QB by just the 3rd Qtr compared to Ryans entire game, we got the win after you left since the scoring went from 21 to 0 from one qtr to next. Since we know we would never be able to beat you if you had a full game, we will lie to ourselves to make ourselves more confident about our sup par team this year that is yet to show it can compete with elite teams and not result in embarrassing loss, yes Vick, you might be the better QB that we can't beat, but we have ref calls on our side that will give us extra possessions on phantom interceptions so we have a chance to finish 8-8 this year and call it a success.