Hey Maclin.......... Haaaaaavvvvveee You Met.....

Northern_Falcon

Well I don't like to see guys get hurt, and I don't like to see players lead with their helmets like Dunta did. BUT that hit was directly responsible for Maclin dropping that last pass. They do start hearing the footsteps after hits like that, and that is why he dropped that easy catch at the end.

As a long time fan I have been hoping for a return to the old days when we had some big hitters on our defense, and now my dreams have been answered.

We have got some BIG HITTERS on our defense and I am loving it. That kind of physical play will disrupt offenses, and win games like it did last night.

Well I don't like to see guys get hurt, and I don't like to see players lead with their helmets like Dunta did. BUT that hit was directly responsible for Maclin dropping that last pass. They do start hearing the footsteps after hits like that, and that is why he dropped that easy catch at the end.

As a long time fan I have been hoping for a return to the old days when we had some big hitters on our defense, and now my dreams have been answered.

We have got some BIG HITTERS on our defense and I am loving it. That kind of physical play will disrupt offenses, and win games like it did last night.

I totally agree, hits like that make WR scared to go across the middle on our defence. which in turn makes our secondary much better. I'm just waiting until Willi Mo finally clocks someone

The more i watch the video, the more it appears the hit was going to be shoulder to body until Maclin dropped his head. years ago the hit would have been on the high lite reels .

Doesn't matter. He could legally lead with his helmet. Maclin was well beyond the 'DEFENSELESS' stage - unlike Roddy when ASO speared him in the helmet - which, by the way - was not called or penalized.

BS at its finest.

Go Dunta!!!! Go Falcons! - Hey NFL and Refs - you need to Rise the F UP!

Doesn't matter. He could legally lead with his helmet. Maclin was well beyond the 'DEFENSELESS' stage - unlike Roddy when ASO speared him in the helmet - which, by the way - was not called or penalized.

BS at its finest.

Difference is Roddy took that hit like a man, much like Ryan took his helmet to helmet like a man. Had they flopped to the ground and starting crying maybe they would have gotten a flag.

BS at its finest.

Real spit! MR got H2H and I remember hands to face on a slow mo replay on Abe that was not called. You can critique DR coverage but not his heart.

BS at its finest.

I'm sorry Tandy, I know you were at the game but I was watching it LIVE on my state-of-the-art SD 32" TV and Dunta not only launched himself using a classified self-propelled rocket system, he actually decapitated Maclin then ripped out Maclin's spine Mortal Kombat style as Coach Smith stood on the sidelines muttering, "Good...GOOD!" Fortunately for Philly they keep several clones of Maclin in the back for just such an occasion but as you well know clones are often not really up to speed for a while hence his uncharacteristic drop.

I wrote Chris Collinsworth -- winner of GQ Magazine's Must Honest Man Alive award three years running -- and he agreed with me that this warranted a summary execution of Robinson in public where every NFL player will finally be made to understand that in Roger Goodell's NFL headhunting is simply not allowed.

This is the problem with going to live games, I'm afraid...you just miss too much.

This is the problem with going to live games, I'm afraid...you just miss too much.

Agreed. It is amazing how much you miss by actually attending football games rather than opting for the comfort of you own recliner, fridge and bathroom.... :D

I also saw that play on broadcast, and it was painfully apparent that DRob actually popped Maclin's head off his shoulders, a la 'Rockem Sockem Robots'.

On my TV, I could literally see the stars circling around his head and a few songbirds hovering above and chirping as well.

I was amazed that Maclin survived the devastating blow. I have no doubt it will be mentioned in his HOF induction speech.............. ^_^

Philly you are not eagles you are chickens.

hate that rule, cause dunta was using his shoulder and not his head.

those old blind and stupid ref's didnt see all the eagles hits on roddy ant MR.

i love this sport, and i love this team so much i woke up 3.30 am watched the game and went to work right after. please nfl stop making it a vanilla league, it is a collision sport so let them collide, if i would wish to see a bunch of cry babies i will watch soccer