I Am Sorry To Report The End Of The Nfc South Contest

Finally

To all players:

I would like to thank you and the mods for the two years I was able to be your host. I am not sure what happened but apparently my game threads are no longer welcome in TATF. They have been moved to the Contest forum. One of the most important parts of this contest to me was retention and I was hoping this year we would see more people play to the end than ever. Unfortunately, if the game threads are in the contest forum I know I will see much less which makes it less worthwhile.

I know I received the occasional complaint, perhaps the mods received more, I dunno. I certainly never meant to make their jobs harder. I thought everyone understood this was not an official game and to address any concerns, questions, complaints to me but experience has taught me that not everyone reads the entire thread.

A special thanks to Rev who went and got permission for me to run the contest in the first place. I'd also like to thank Tandy for being gracious enough to offer to help out and JOEinPHX & FFS1970 who were so concerned about my tornado situation they offered to help provide a prize if it turned out I was unable. Last but not least Falken for last year's prize graphic. Good people.

Thanks again to everyone that played and to the Falcons organization for allowing me these two years. I hope everyone had fun and I wish we could have continued but there is no way it will survive in a basement forum that no one visits. It is simply not worth my time and effort if at the end of the year I have 5ish players. I have been posting on and running message boards since the time you connected to them manually with a dial-up modem and a phone number. So my experience with message boards and running this contest make it clear this is the death nail. The out-of-sight out-of-mind rule is golden on a message board.

My best guess is that the contest thread was a victim of the clean-up of TATF. A lot of threads have been moved or closed recently and my contest is about the NFC South which I suppose means it is not "enough" about the Falcons to have a home in TATF. The problem with so many people constantly begging for more moderation is you can't predict the results when it comes. I may be risking a suspension since I know this isn't welcome here but it was either risk this and inform everyone in one shot or spend hours sending out PMs.

Well.....that sucks!!! Seems like there would be a pretty simple solution. Anyways, thanks for doing this the last couple of years Finally.

The only solution that is workable is moving it back to TATF. The part that suprises me is that the yahoo league is pinnable TATF material and PTNS game isn't welcome at all. I guess I might have done something wrong. Maybe it is because I started the year without a guaranteed prize.

The only solution that is workable is moving it back to TATF. The part that suprises me is that the yahoo league is pinnable TATF material and PTNS game isn't welcome at all. I guess I might have done something wrong. Maybe it is because I started the year without a guaranteed prize.

I absolutely agree with you as far as traffic goes this is the only forum to generate enough interest. I simply meant, I would think if a thread can be moved out then it could just as easily be moved back. If someone thinks the contest thread should be moved due to a technicality then they should be consistent and move all smack talk from opposing fans to RC.

I absolutely agree with you as far as traffic goes this is the only forum to generate enough interest. I simply meant, I would think if a thread can be moved out then it could just as easily be moved back. If someone thinks the contest thread should be moved due to a technicality then they should be consistent and move all smack talk from opposing fans to RC.

Moving it back would do it but I have no reason to believe that will happen.

It is also sort of weird it is in the "official" contest forum when one of the caveats for me running the contest was to make sure everyone knew it was unofficial.

Any idea who moved it? There are some other mini-mods still floating around that could have done it without knowing the full story. Sucks that this can't be done on this forum though, and it really doesn't make any sense why not. If the team had it moved, then moving it to the "official" contest thread should mean that they are providing prizes & taking over the running of the contest right?????

Anywho, Finally thank you for starting the PTNS contest & running it for the last couple of years. I really enjoyed it.

If my vote means anything, I vote that it continues the way it was. I was never going to win, because I refused to pick the Falcons to lose, but I really enjoyed it.

If there's someone I can send an email to to let them know how much fun this was, just let me know. Won't be cursing or threatening, just stating my case.

Any idea who moved it? There are some other mini-mods still floating around that could have done it without knowing the full story. Sucks that this can't be done on this forum though, and it really doesn't make any sense why not. If the team had it moved, then moving it to the "official" contest thread should mean that they are providing prizes & taking over the running of the contest right?????

Anywho, Finally thank you for starting the PTNS contest & running it for the last couple of years. I really enjoyed it.

No idea. I know James has been pretty active in here this last week so I PMed him on Friday but I haven't gotten a response yet. I was holding out hope that someone might change their mind or let me know if I was doing something wrong so I could correct it.

The only thing I have done different this year was not announcing the prize yet and the bonus question was to poke fun at myself for posting so much but in retrospect I probably should have made it something about football.

If my vote means anything, I vote that it continues the way it was. I was never going to win, because I refused to pick the Falcons to lose, but I really enjoyed it.

If there's someone I can send an email to to let them know how much fun this was, just let me know. Won't be cursing or threatening, just stating my case.

I don't know who did it or why. For all I know someone might have thought they were doing me a favor so I wouldn't have to bump it so much after extremely active posting days. It is not like the thread was closed or deleted but I would keep more players in Pure Football than in a contest forum that I had never visited before Friday.

In any event, it doesn't have to be over but it is over if I can't host it in TATF.

The sad thing is I thought I was adding value to the forums. I even thought it was my way of giving back to the Falcons for having such a great board.