Michael Turner Weakness

cnst

There were many things to be frustratred about last night but we got the win, so I'm not too wound up. However, I've noticed over the past year or so that MIcheal Turner does not seem to have the vision of the other great running backs. I'm not trashing the guy, I'm thankful we've got him but he's only sucessfull if the designated hole is the size of the grand canyon. If the hole he's supposed to go to collapses he never sees the wide open hole two gaps down. He either choses not to go to it, or he doesn't see it. It looks like every time the hole closes on him it's "time to lie down". Could be our line, I don't know, What I do know is when other gaps open up on that line, he doesn't run to them.

Michael Turner is still a force to be recked with. With two (2) new offensive lineman such as Garrett Reynolds and Joe Hawley getting more game exiperience, it's going to take some time for all of them, Turner, Hawley & Reynolds to get used to each other as opposed to when Harvey Dahl & Tyson Clabo were bolcking together for Turner and he was used to their blocking. The line did a pretty good job of providing the holes Turner needed to gain 114 yards. But they need to improve on their blocking schemes and pass protection especially. They will get better as the season moves along. I said on another post that the Falcons are still a work in progress and they will get better. We must be patient.

Michael Turner is still a force to be recked with. With two (2) new offensive lineman such as Garrett Reynolds and Joe Hawley getting more game exiperience, it's going to take some time for all of them, Turner, Hawley & Reynolds to get used to each other as opposed to when Harvey Dahl & Tyson Clabo were bolcking together for Turner and he was used to their blocking. The line did a pretty good job of providing the holes Turner needed to gain 114 yards. But they need to improve on their blocking schemes and pass protection especially. They will get better as the season moves along. I said on another post that the Falcons are still a work in progress and they will get better. We must be patient.

Did you really just say the line did well? What game were you watching? The Oline was getting burned so bad, the announcers were openly making fun of how bad it was and how bad they were getting torched by just the front 4 of Eagles. Just because Turner broke 2 runs out for big gains out of almost 30 tries isnt proof of anything. Hawley got a bunch of holding penalties because he was getting beat.

Turner is a one cut, north and south kind of runner. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to get to holes that open up that are not part of the designed run. You'll never see him "break someone's ankles", but you will see him drag tacklers down the field. That's why we missed Norwood because he had the speed and elusiveness to hit holes quickly when plays break down.

Turner's weakness is a weak o-line. Nothing more.

Amen. He charges through the line and trusts the o-line to make the hole where they're supposed to make it. He's not fast enough to jog along the line and hunt a gap. He's not built for it, and he knows it. He's a bowling ball - not a gazelle.

The man is good at what he does, and we're lucky to have him.

He not a scat back who is going to change directions on a dime like a Mccoy. He is a north south runner who is great at breaking tackles. If the OL even gives him a small hole he can usually get 4-5 yards. No RB can run the ball if the OL doesn't provide holes.

Turner is a one cut, north and south kind of runner. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to get to holes that open up that are not part of the designed run. You'll never see him "break someone's ankles", but you will see him drag tacklers down the field. That's why we missed Norwood because he had the speed and elusiveness to hit holes quickly when plays break down.

^ What they said :rolleyes:

'Burner' may no longer be an appropriate adjective, and I agree to a point about his vision, but consider this. Mike Turner is on pace for 1712 YDS rushing on 248 carries. He's also on pace for 32 receptions for 576 YDS.

After only two games it may be a little early to toss out 'on pace for' projections, but for the moment, I don't need to hear any bitching about Mike Turner.

Did anyone else notice on Turner's touchdown how NON of the DB's even came up to meet him? In the highlights on NFL network they were giving some of the eagles DB's crap for not even making an attempt on Turner... Deion refered to that as a "business decision" by the DB's lol. The Eagles knew that was a touchdown the second the ball was pitched to Turner lol.