Did Bob Costas Really Compare Mike Vick To Hank Aaron?

micrep5

What is this guy smoking? He said something along the lines that Michael Vick is second only to maybe Henry Aaron in terms of what they meant to the city of Atlanta. wtf? He was only with the team for five years and left us with nothing but a national scandal. How about Dale Murphy, Chipper Jones, Dominique Wilkins, Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, Bartkowski, Matt Ryan!!!

Edited by micrep5

What is this guy smoking? He said something along the lines that Michael Vick is second only to maybe Henry Aaron in terms of what they meant to the city of Atlanta. wtf? He was only with the team for five years and left us with nothing but a national scandal. How about Dale Murphy, Dominique Wilkins, Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, Bartkowski, Matt Ryan!!!

Stupid is as stupid does. I was in shock for a few seconds after that statement...

:blink:

Vick only won the falcons 2 play off games. Gave the Falcons 2 winning seasons. I can name a lot of QBs that have done more than that for their team in the amount of time he was with the Falcons. Only reason why people talk about him, is because, he has amazing charisma, a good look and incredible unique talent. He gets the ball in his hand every play and has the ability to run like crazy or throw a 70 yard bomb. People want to watch Vick because of how he plays the game. We all know Vick is not the most consistent guy or the healthiest guy. Eagles may have shot themselves in the foot by giving him the huge contract.

What is this guy smoking? He said something along the lines that Michael Vick is second only to maybe Henry Aaron in terms of what they meant to the city of Atlanta. wtf? He was only with the team for five years and left us with nothing but a national scandal. How about Dale Murphy, Chipper Jones, Dominique Wilkins, Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, Bartkowski, Matt Ryan!!!

I caught that too & thought WTF is this guy thinking. I've never liked Costas anyway & this didn't change my opinion. FWIW NBC has the ABSOLUTE WORST people on it's football night in America outside of Dungy. Patrick sux, Costas sux, King sux, Harrison sux, Collinsworth really sux.

Yeah, I was shocked when he said it. I don't know how a fan of Atlanta sports could be anything but offended by such a comparison. Don't even say MV7's name in the same breath as Hank Aaron. One is a hero, the other is a villain. One is a degenerate thug, the other is a true class-act. Ridiculous.

Just ********. I loved watching Vick when he played here, but his turnovers and inability to play quaterback drove me crazy. Now after he admitted to doing it half-A** here, I don't see how any Falcon fan can like the guy. He let down a team, fans, and then nearly disgraced a franchise. Now he runs his mouth like we were the problem. He is a He// of a long way from Henry Aaron who is a sports hero.

Mike Vick is Atlanta, Matt Ryan will never be loved.

How is Mike Vick Atlanta? They guy is from Virginia. He didn't even play college ball in Georgia.

Do you realize that from 2001 to 2006 Mike Vick won 38 games for the Falcons as a starter and from 2008 to 2010 Matt Ryan has won 33 games for the Falcons? 34 if you include last nights game with back-to-back-to-back winning seasons. Something Vick never could do.

Ryan is more Atlanta than Vick will ever be.