I Don't Really Think Peria Liked The Nickname I Gave Him

Well I'd been racking my brain for over a year trying to come up with a good bust nickname for Peria Jerry. I finally settled in on Peria Jelly last week. I don't think buddy liked it at all.

He made a play last night against the Eaglets when he blew past an Olineman and forced a fumble on Vick that Ray Edwards returned 62 yards. It's about freakin time son.

You ain't out of the woods yet though. You need to show up like that the rest of the season and at a bare minimum win your starting job back from Peters.

I mean come on bro, we passed on Clay Matthews, Vontae Davis and Kenny Britt to take you. All three could have filled positions of need.

So far all we have is 12 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 1FF and 1 PD. In twenty games. That's bust status son. Don't make me list the stats of the players we passed on.

I'll hold off on the bust nic for a few more games. But I got my eyes on you. Don't let me down bro.

Well I'd been racking my brain for over a year trying to come up with a good bust nickname for Peria Jerry. I finally settled in on Peria Jelly last week. I don't think buddy liked it at all.

He made a play last night against the Eaglets when he blew past an Olineman and forced a fumble on Vick that Ray Edwards returned 62 yards. It's about freakin time son.

You ain't out of the woods yet though. You need to show up like that the rest of the season and at a bare minimum win your starting job back from Peters.

I mean come on bro, we passed on Clay Matthews, Vontae Davis and Kenny Britt to take you. All three could have filled positions of need.

So far all we have is 12 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 1FF and 1 PD. In twenty games. That's bust status son. Don't make me list the stats of the players we passed on.

I'll hold off on the bust nic for a few more games. But I got my eyes on you. Don't let me down bro.

Frankly, he doesn't need your approval. Good game Peria.

Kenny Who? Strike one. Clay Matthews, system guy. We don't rush our LB's that much, he would have been ineffective. Strike two. Vontae Davis? Had character issues, could pass the filter. Strike three.

Two things.

First, I doubt Peria is aware of the nickname you gave him.

Second, 'we could've drafted fill in the blank' threads are always lame.

You're better than this, bro. Trust me.

Come on bro. You can't be happy with Peria.

You are a savvy football man with inside connections.

So far dude has been a bust. You know it's true.

Hopefully he can come out of his funk and get to the Matthews, Davis and Britt level.

He better hurry up cause he's getting old.

Kenny Britt. He has 14 catches for 271 yards and 3 TDs, with Matt Hasselbeck throwing to him.

Edit: Oh, and he was doing this against the Ravens this week.

So that makes him a star? If he had 14 catches, that means he's probably the only person being thrown to. Who cares if this was the Ravens? You think cause they beat Pittsburgh last week that we should put them in the Super Bowl? Lets see how far Tennessee gets.

I normally agree with your posts, but I couldn't disagree with you more on your criticism of Jerry.

As long as you have been a fan you must certainly know what is common knowledge among fans and league personnel alike: it takes 2 years to fully recover from a knee injury like he had in his rookie season.

It appears to me that he is just proving this again as we see the explosiveness we expected from him when we drafted him. Personally I wasn't thrilled when we drafted him because he had already been labeled as injury prone, and first round picks are too expensive to gamble with, However, he passed all the medical tests, and I truly trust our front office and coaching staff.

But when he went down his rookie season I was like "yep this is exactly what I was afraid of."

BTW Harry Douglas is further evidence supporting the two year timeframe to recover. He now has that speed back we coveted when we drafted him.

People should not be so quick to label the bust tag on young players. We have seen that time and time again here. Roddy White had horrible hands his first few years here, and many were calling him a bust. How many posters wanted Grimes thrown down the toilet?

Only time can tell how a player will pan out, and Perry is starting to show the talent we expected when we drafted him.

Now Sam Baker is really starting to worry me. But maybe he is just not a LT and should be moved to guard instead. I don't know.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

Come on bro. You can't be happy with Peria.

You are a savvy football man with inside connections.

So far dude has been a bust. You know it's true.

Hopefully he can come out of his funk and get to the Matthews, Davis and Britt level.

He better hurry up cause he's getting old.

One thing that's never been openly reported was the full extent of Peria's injury. I'll just draw a tiny bit on that inside connection to tell you it was massive. Truly, genuinely, career-endingly massive. Right now I'm proud of the guy for what he's gone through and the efforts he's made. I expect to be even more proud of his eventual accomplishments.

On the play that Jerry blew it up for the fumble. I don't think it was too legit. I remember the commentator saying it was supposed to be a trap play. Meaning fake toss right to get Jerry running that way then hand off left with another line men coming to trap him to the outside.

However Jerry didn’t fall for it. My though is that Jerry couldn’t recognize it, to fall for it. Watching some interview with Jerry and he just doesn’t seem to be the smartest guy. It’s like playing basketball with some noobies and your all faking left and right and juking and stuff and the noob doesn’t fall for any of it. It’s not that he’s not falling for any of it but that he doesn’t know enough to fall for anything.

In the end this could always work out for us though. If we could get Jerry to focus on penetrating solely, he will never over think himself (meaning traps and stuff like that will never work on him).