How Do You Guys Feel About Decoud Not Starting?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the thing that's so encouraging about Sanders is that he still doesn't understand the scheme well at all. The coaches just threw him in there with limited knowledge and taking that into account I think he did really well. Once he starts to pick things up I think him and Hayden are going to make our D a lot better.

no actually Moore had it. DeCoud dove into him and messed it up. and even if he was there alone DeCoud would have dropped it with his stone hands anyway

Take one more look at that play if you get a chance. Decoud had a perfect shot at it and had his hands in a basket so he could scoop it. I think Moore actually interfered with the potential INT. Not that it really matter either way but I think Decoud would've gotten it.

Take one more look at that play if you get a chance. Decoud had a perfect shot at it and had his hands in a basket so he could scoop it. I think Moore actually interfered with the potential INT. Not that it really matter either way but I think Decoud would've gotten it.

No. He most likely would have dropped it anyways. It was that way most of last year and last game. So no.

Yeah I didn't notice any big plays from Sanders, but he didn't give up any big plays either.

Great upgrade. As for Sanders he had a play that will go unnoticed. He blitzed from the safety position on the hayden interception and could have got okie doked like majority of players in the league would have against Vick, but instead he broke down on his blitz and did not allow Vick to spin out and make a good throw instead he forced him to move up in the pocket where the second blitzer was at and caused a horrible throw.

He is a major upgrade and will continue to get better. He has been in a system for now 3 weeks and took a starting position from a 3 year system player. Give him time and we will have one of the best backsides of a defensive backfield with him and moore in the league. Our real concern is a slow Dunta. What happend to his blazing speed he use to have?

I definitely like DeCoud better back there. I feel like he has a better connection with the rest of the defense. That throw from Kafka was completely Sanders. And DeCoud would have had that interception if Wil Mo was not trying to make the most ridiculous play for the ball.

When did Sanders get burnt in man 2 deep from a WR? Dunta got burnt and looked crazy on that route; instead of recovering he was flailing his hands at the safety like he was paying attention to him instead he was trying to fix his jack up.

I felt awesome about it.....decoud is a liability in pass coverage and is never in the right place to ever make plays or break up passes.....and when a fluke happens and hes in the right spot on accident and the ball pops up in the air floating right in front of him, He looks at it like its on fire and has never seen one before.......and then drops a game changing play....twice in chicago and could have had one last night as well...hes terrible in pass coverage

Keep in mind this was vick and the eagles and sanders first start for us with only weeks to learn the play book....big difference over decoud and years in the scheme and the no offense bears with the worst wideouts in the league

Smith gets a big thumbs-up for doin' what we all knew needed to be done!!! DeCoud and Owens need to be in backup roles...PERIOD!!! i hope Smith doesn't give Reynolds too many more reps either...totally agree with FFS1970's #21post...sums up exactly how i feel too...

decoud and owens had yrs to get benched, now you want to bench renolds after two games... he needs more time then that to be evaulated on how gooe he really is... i remember blalock getting rag doged his rookie yr. he turned it around, this line need to learn how to gel. but baker is the first to go if someone is to be replaced..

Im glad and even when decoud was there dude messed up on ANOTHER int

Actually Willy Mo (my favorite defender) was more at fault... After the replay I saw Decoud in better position to make the catch , but Moore's effort touched the ball first, and he was in a worse position to catch it. Doesn't matter though it was just two guys going all out to make a play, and things like that can happen so fast.

decoud and owens had yrs to get benched, now you want to bench renolds after two games... he needs more time then that to be evaulated on how gooe he really is... i remember blalock getting rag doged his rookie yr. he turned it around, this line need to learn how to gel. but baker is the first to go if someone is to be replaced..

and that's exactly the problem...they had years to get benched. and you can include baker to the f'n list too. if someone is NOT gettin' the job done then it's next man up.

Edited by sanfranfalcon

Sanders should be starting. He played very solid, especially with an offense like the Eagles. Had one semi-mistake with the help for Dunta...but regardless, Dunta was burned by a LOT. That blame is not all on Sanders. You didn't hear his name too much, but for the secondary, that's usually a good thing. The blitz that forced the interception was a great play, and he deserves more credit for helping with that. But he helped contain a potent, big play, Eagles team after having only been with the Falcons for a few weeks. I imagine he'll only get more comfortable, and you'll see him moving a lot faster and more decisively in that defense.

Props to Hayden making a difference too. Awesome the two new guys contributed to a big play, because you guys drove right down and scored off that.

Edited by Saint55

and that's exactly the problem...they had years to get benched. and you can include baker to the f'n list too. if someone is NOT gettin' the job done then it's next man up.

yea but not after two games.... thats 15 other games still to be played and no clue how well they can do down the road, remember, not OTAs, and a crazy off season didnt prepare these guys for this fully... two games isnt enough time to prove you can or cnt play...