Allow Me To Beat This Dead Horse One More Time

rightsaidfred

Mularkey has no balls. It's either him or Smith, and I'm not sure which. Mularkey made his name calling plays in PIT, using Randle-El to pass the ball, etc. Here, he's not doing that. This year, with all of the "high powered offensive weapons", he's still dinking and dunking. Is it MM, or is it Mike Smith holding him back?

In the meantime, once they let Ryan run the no huddle and call the plays, you see how ATL moved the ball. Matt recognized the coverages and called plays accordingly.

The play calling has to improve. It's waayy too predictable.

[/end rant] And I'm done

2233652.jpg

Mularkey has no balls. It's either him or Smith, and I'm not sure which. Mularkey made his name calling plays in PIT, using Randle-El to pass the ball, etc. Here, he's not doing that. This year, with all of the "high powered offensive weapons", he's still dinking and dunking. Is it MM, or is it Mike Smith holding him back?

In the meantime, once they let Ryan run the no huddle and call the plays, you see how ATL moved the ball. Matt recognized the coverages and called plays accordingly.

[/end rant] And I'm done

2233652.jpg

The play calling was ridiculously predictable in the 3rd QTR. The Eagles were teeing off on the run on first down and it took us like 3 or 4 series to realize that calling a play action pass might work in that situation. All I can say about that is WTF..

That's part of the reason that we had like only 150 yards of total offense. It was sickening actually.

I don't know if you noticed or not, but dinking and dunking was the only thing working in the passing game last night. Their coverage was ridiculous along with the fact that Matt was getting his head taken off. Besides, Sam Baker can barely give Matt enough time for a 3 step drop, let alone allowing enough time for a gadget play to develop.

[/end rant] And I'm done

2233652.jpg

If this horse is dead, then it is a zombie because MM's dead horse keeps coming back to bite us in the @$$.

Alot probably had to do with the oline protection and they where getting stomped. Ryan was getting killed as is. That really limits you when your qb always has pressure.

You are right there was a lot of pressure. However this was in part to the fact that on 1st down we got no yardage or lost yardage (because we kept trying run the ball up the gut and Philly was anticipating this). Now with that be said let's play the game - "Guess what the offense is going to be doing on 2 & 11, or 3 &12?" So easy a caveman could do it.

I will say this - I really liked how the RB's stepped up in pass protection in those last two drives. I think it was Snelling and he was doing a jam up job protecting Ryan! Unsung hero stuff right there, because if he didn't do that those drives fail with Ryan on his back or worse. Heck, that might have even been an adjustment by the OC. If so - "thank you! took you long enough, but thank you!"