Screen Pass Burns Us Again And Again.....

Stryka

Fact: 3 screen passes have led to 40+yd TDs in the first 2 Weeks of the season.

Fact: Countless others have lead to 1st down on 3rd down and short AND long.

Teams are able to screen us for big chunks of yardage routinely throughout games. Its particularly frustrating because we see it happen MULTIPLE times a game for seemingly greater and greater success. It doesnt matter if its the RBs getting the ball or the WRs getting the ball.

My Questions:

Is it simply we need to tackle better? Our CBs have come up short with agile guys and L. McCoy was able to turn what seemed like a loss of yardage into positive gains. On the Smoke screens to the WRs they werent even being touched until they crossed the firstdown marker half the time. Our the guys being too aggressive and taking bad angles consistently every week?

OR

Are we being out game planned or not game planning enough for something that is obvious as weakness to attack on our defense? BVG seems to always be dialing up a blitz when we get screened. Is he that predictable? Or is it that his blitz scheme simply does not get to the QB or cause pressure as it should? When we got pressure it was the front 4, when we sent the blitz it was upwards of 85% non-effected in rushing the QB or stopping the run.

Wow, what a game! Vick really let me down and I'm hoping you all will welcome me with open arms. I've come to the conclusion that Vick is just not going to get it done. With that gutsy performance by Ryan I have to give props to him and I'm ready to denounce my Eagle fandom.

We don't run screens so our defense don't get to practice against it.

We obviously need to run more especially since S. Baker likes to make contact and then let his guy through!

They have to run some screens with the scout team during the week otherwise it simply means we arent preparing for other teams properly.......BVG.

Wow, what a game! Vick really let me down and I'm hoping you all will welcome me with open arms. I've come to the conclusion that Vick is just not going to get it done. With that gutsy performance by Ryan I have to give props to him and I'm ready to denounce my Eagle fandom.

You're becoming more annoying than the real poster you're imitating.

BVG seems to always be dialing up a blitz when we get screened. Is he that predictable? Or is it that his blitz scheme simply does not get to the QB or cause pressure as it should? When we got pressure it was the front 4, when we sent the blitz it was upwards of 85% non-effected in rushing the QB or stopping the run.

we really need to defend the screen better but I enjoyed seeing that our CBs can play man. Sanders, Hayden, & Dunta all missed assignment on a play each but other than that I'm loving the addition of Sanders & Hayden. BVG better take note and not mess this up.