Baker Needs To Be Cut Or Ryan Will Die

BravoFalco

baker was an absolute disgrace... trent cole owned him the entire game. i cant offer one positive thing about his play today. if we want to remain competitive and keep matt from taking a hit that could end his career then we need to either bench baker or bump him over to reynolds spot and see how he fares there. svitek cant possible be any worse than sam baker.

Baker has played poorly the last 2 games. The OL has been pathetic both games this year. We need to blow this OL up (outside of Blalock & Clabo) and start over. Problem is, we have no high picks next year to help with that and quality LT's usually are not available in FA. The Reynolds experiment should be ended tonight. Hawley has played good at times & very poorly at times, but even though I'm not a McClure fan, he will upgrade over Hawley when he comes back. But that said, we need to upgrade McClure as well.

I don't think we've EVER had a worse left tackle. I'm being serious. I've watched this team since my parents worked for the Falcons....Baker seems like a turnstile right now. Ryan could have gotten planted a lot more if not for a few inches here or there. Baker looks like a street free agent. Mike Kenn, Bob Whitfield (I used to call him Whiff field), Kevin Shaffer are all rolling over in their......Well, beds? You get the point. Baker is horrid.

Picking up where Robb left off, we faced elite rushers the last 2 games and its clear we dont have the ultimate answer at LT... However, we are stuck with it this year probably and we are 1-1 thankfully. Sam has to challenge himself to lower his center of gravity and not let these guys get under his pads. A tuff W tonight. Matty can be elite, no doubt, he threw 4 TDs w/ zero protection and the arguably the fiercest CB tandom in the nfl... Congrats on a never give up win!!!!!!

Edited by HASHBROWN3

lol

But seriously, If baker doesn't sure up his side, Matt will NOT finish the season. Well, he wont finish in one piece anyway

It's too late to cut Baker. The season has already started and who would play LT if you did? Next year we need to draft a LT or get one in FA.

Also the offensive line misses McClure more than we realize.

While everybody is bashing on Baker, myself included, I think we probably do need to take a step back & look who he has gone up against the last 2 weeks. Julius Peppers last week & Cole this week. That's 2 pretty **** good DE's right there.

Gotta agree with this while Baker may not be the answer going foward I gotta think he'll be that guy at LT for the rest of the way.I really think the unit as a whole is struggling they are'nt even opening holes for Turner outside of those 2 big runs this year Turners stats are very decieving this is also on the o-line as a whole while a couple of them are struggling they live and die as a unit,I even saw Clabo get pushed around alot tonight and Babin was getting alot of push coming off the left side also for me the best O-line guy this years has been Blalock hands down.

Edited by kiwifalcon

While everybody is bashing on Baker, myself included, I think we probably do need to take a step back & look who he has gone up against the last 2 weeks. Julius Peppers last week & Cole this week. That's 2 pretty **** good DE's right there.

This is the NFL. Every team places their BEST DE on the LT. Baker will not get a break.

Baker has played poorly the last 2 games. The OL has been pathetic both games this year. We need to blow this OL up (outside of Blalock & Clabo) and start over. Problem is, we have no high picks next year to help with that and quality LT's usually are not available in FA. The Reynolds experiment should be ended tonight. Hawley has played good at times & very poorly at times, but even though I'm not a McClure fan, he will upgrade over Hawley when he comes back. But that said, we need to upgrade McClure as well.

when can we foresee that happening? hoping this year....this is our time! we dont have 2012 season to look for superbowl. We HAVE to make changes NOW!

What happened to Baker since his rookie season? It's been all downhill.

Thats whats crazy about it. He had a great rookie season and then last year got a beat a lil more often and now has been completed dominated in his last 2 games.

He is not playing with any leverage and stands straight up every play which allows smaller guys to just push him around. He made T. Cole look like Reggie White out there.

Needless to say that was the worse technique I have ever watched a single player execute at ANY position ever.

The only thing more frustrating was Mularkey not going with 2back sets to chip on T. Cole or going 2 TE set to help out.

I definately agree that we could use an upgrade.

These have been 2 rough weeks for Baker against 2 elite ends. He's about an average LT so when he sees guys like Peppers and Cole he is shown to be be just that, average.

I think people have expected to much from him since the beginning. He was a pretty major reach in the 1st round that year and people have expected him to be a stud.

On the plus side the only really dominant ends we will see the rest of the year are Matthews, Freeney and Jared Allen.

I can see if he was a rookie, but this is his 4th year of almost getting Matt killed. his play is starting to affect Blalock too, Blalock head stay looking to the left