Falcons, This Is Your Moment. What Are You Going To Do?

Peyton

In the long history of this club, we've constantly seen this franchise crash and burn when it's moment appeared to have arrive, often in spectacular and humiliating fashion. This is clearly illustrated by this franchise failing to have back to back winning seasons until 2009.

This time it's different right? I mean, this leadership got rid of that "back to back" curse. Those days are over right? Because Falcons fans are sick of it, and everyone in the franchise should be too.

In 1978, the Falcons won the first ever wild card game, then went to Dallas and punched the Cowboys in the mouth in the first half, knocking Roger Staubach out of the game in the process. Then, Danny White, a guy who had thrown only 64 passes in his career, came in and led the Cowboys to victory.

In 1980, the Falcons secured the number 1 seed in the playoffs, and led the Cowboys 24-10 entering the 4th quarter, then folded up like a cheap suit in the closing moments of the game. It was an absolutely crushing defeat that all who witnessed still remember well even 31 years later.

In 1987 the Falcons suffered the indignity of hiring Marion Campbell for a second time after he had failed spectacularly on his first try because they couldn't find anyone else who wanted the job.

in 1991, the Falcons briefly made some noise with the red gun offense and one a wild card game at New Orleans. then went to Washington, where start QB Chris Miller put forward an embarrassing 4 INT performance.

In 1992, Miller blew out his knee and the Falcons wilted back into obscurity, after they always did on the rare occassion they had a winning season.

In 1994, the team's star CB left for greener pastures. Then came to the dome and beat up the team's star receiver, made a 100 yard pick 6, and bragged about the Georgia Dome is his house.

:

In 1998, the most glorious week of the franchises history turned into it's most embarrassing when the team's spiritual leader was arrested for soliciting a prostitute the night before the Super Bowl.

The Michael Vick era brought excitement and attention to the franchise.....before it brought late season collapses, bird flipping, herpes, dog fighting, and ultimately prison for the star QB.

The the Falcons suffered the humiliation of watching their coach resign and take a job the same day for less pay with a college team.

Then Bill Pacells embarrassed the franchise to get a little more money from the Dolphins.

I'm leaving a whole bunch of stuff out, but the current story culminates with the Falcons getting their clocks cleaned in spectacular fashion by the GB Packers last post season.

Let me ask, you something, Falcons franchise: Are you sick of it? Are you sick of having sand kicked in your face and being laughed at?

You should be.

This is your moment. Everybody's watching. They are saying this is Michael Vick's moment for redemption. Well....that doesn't making any d*mn sense to me, seems like this should be the Falcons moment for redemption.

So....Atlanta Falcons.....what are you going to do about it tonight?

Sorry, I just had to get that out lol.

In the long history of this club, we've constantly seen this franchise crash and burn when it's moment appeared to have arrive, often in spectacular and humiliating fashion. This is clearly illustrated by this franchise failing to have back to back winning seasons until 2009.

This time it's different right? I mean, this leadership got rid of that "back to back" curse. Those days are over right? Because Falcons fans are sick of it, and everyone in the franchise should be too.

In 1978, the Falcons won the first ever wild card game, then went to Dallas and punched the Cowboys in the mouth in the first half, knocking Roger Staubach out of the game in the process. Then, Danny White, a guy who had thrown only 64 passes in his career, came in and led the Cowboys to victory.

In 1980, the Falcons secured the number 1 seed in the playoffs, and led the Cowboys 24-10 entering the 4th quarter, then folded up like a cheap suit in the closing moments of the game. It was an absolutely crushing defeat that all who witnessed still remember well even 31 years later.

In 1987 the Falcons suffered the indignity of hiring Marion Campbell for a second time after he had failed spectacularly on his first try because they couldn't find anyone else who wanted the job.

in 1991, the Falcons briefly made some noise with the red gun offense and one a wild card game at New Orleans. then went to Washington, where start QB Chris Miller put forward an embarrassing 4 INT performance.

In 1992, Miller blew out his knee and the Falcons wilted back into obscurity, after they always did on the rare occassion they had a winning season.

In 1994, the team's star CB left for greener pastures. Then came to the dome and beat up the team's star receiver, made a 100 yard pick 6, and bragged about the Georgia Dome is his house.

:

In 1998, the most glorious week of the franchises history turned into it's most embarrassing when the team's spiritual leader was arrested for soliciting a prostitute the night before the Super Bowl.

The Michael Vick era brought excitement and attention to the franchise.....before it brought late season collapses, bird flipping, herpes, dog fighting, and ultimately prison for the star QB.

The the Falcons suffered the humiliation of watching their coach resign and take a job the same day for less pay with a college team.

Then Bill Pacells embarrassed the franchise to get a little more money from the Dolphins.

I'm leaving a whole bunch of stuff out, but the current story culminates with the Falcons getting their clocks cleaned in spectacular fashion by the GB Packers last post season.

Let me ask, you something, Falcons franchise: Are you sick of it? Are you sick of having sand kicked in your face and being laughed at?

You should be.

This is your moment. Everybody's watching. They are saying this is Michael Vick's moment for redemption. Well....that doesn't making any d*mn sense to me, seems like this should be the Falcons moment for redemption.

So....Atlanta Falcons.....what are you going to do about it tonight?

Sorry, I just had to get that out lol.

Possibly the entire history of the franchise, that's why I rehashed it for everyone.

I am tired of hearing about this redemption story. I am tired of hearing people compare our current starter to our QB from 2007. I just think we should all realize this is just one game...the second one in a long season. We will have many more moments...not just this one.

It's WEEK 2! Good grief. I know the media is making it seem like the Super Bowl but really its only the second week of a 16 week season. Did I miss something?

It might be week 2 but its a huge game for this team. The last 2 games we were embarasses and this team needs to turn of around.

It's also an emotional game, the qb that was supposed to bring this team out of the dark and to the promise land returns.

It's a must win game for more then one reason.

It might be week 2 but its a huge game for this team. The last 2 games we were embarasses and this team needs to turn of around.

It's also an emotional game, the qb that was supposed to bring this team out of the dark and to the promise land returns.

It's a must win game for more then one reason.

So its a HUGE game for you. To me, its week 2. 14 more games to play this season.

Just about every game this season is going to be tough, look at the schedule ffs.

(this is directed to the peeps who only think it's "just 1 game").

I think this game is gonna have a huge impact on morale, so I think it would largely determine the trajectory of the season. Attitude is everything.

Just about every game this season is going to be tough, look at the schedule ffs.

(this is directed to the peeps who only think it's "just 1 game").

Will we get something special for winning this week 2 game? Just wondering...that's why some people say its just one game...win or loss the season goes on starting Monday morning.

Will we get something special for winning this week 2 game? Just wondering...that's why some people say its just one game...win or loss the season goes on starting Monday morning.

Even if you forget all of the redemption story stuff, it's still a huge game. 0-2 and the team is in deep trouble. The schedule isn't really getting easier. A lot of the games that looked like wins a couple of weeks ago look a lot tougher now.

Even if you forget all of the redemption story stuff, it's still a huge game. 0-2 and the team is in deep trouble. The schedule isn't really getting easier. A lot of the games that looked like wins a couple of weeks ago look a lot tougher now.

I would agree with you if the Saints and Bucs were 2-0. 1 game out will not kill us. No one knows how the season will pan out. I want us to win badly but because I hate the Eagles with a passion. It is cool that he's back in ATL but we have to put an L on their record. Period. I think if they get too hyped that is when you lose focus on whats important...a win.