Do You Honestly Think The Falcons Can Beat The Eagles ?

Xfactor

Your answers must be based on our coaching staff not if Martz was our OC and Lebeau our DC.

If Yes How ?

If No Why ?

My answer is No but I had this a L and Chicago a W when the schedule came out and now after last week I see no reason to change. I can hope and wish all I want but they have to many weapons on both sides of the ball.

Why ?

1) Blitzes,they will blitz us all night long with their all world secondary in man coverage. Our O-line will fold like a tent due to Mularky won't be smart enough to hold the TE in as a blocker and use Turner to help with the blitz.

2) Their secondary, this is the game Matt needs to throw underneath and unless there is a blown assignment does he go deep. Knowing Mularky we will attempt to go deep in this game with the best secondary in football.

3) McCoy and Vick, we will not be able to contain McCoy on the screen and Vick running, I expect McCoy to have a big night.

4) Jackson and Maclin Jackson is playing well but I see Maclin having a big game getting back on track.

5) Coach Reid and staff will keep our defense on their heels all night and I can only imagine the game plan they have drawn up.

I'm a big believer in "On any given Sunday" and I admit i didn't watch St. Louis play Philly last week but I heard the Rams exposed them a bit but Philly still won. I've been a fan for 30+yrs but Philly is the better team right now and I have zero faith in Mularky and VanGorder I believe Reid will make them look like boys among men.

What makes this rough is my hate for Philly is second only to the Saints. :angry:

What say you ?

Edited by Xfactor

i d like to think we can but it all comes down to big plays. our d hasn t shown the ability to stop them consistently and our o doesn t make enough of them. unless bvg uses the same game plan as he did in the last saints game and dials up a ton of pressure and rattle vick, i don t see us stopping the big play. we need to get back to what works and that is run the ball, control the clock and minimize the mistakes. the d has to be able to get stops on 3rd down and get off the field or it will be a long night.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Yes, I honestly think we have what it takes to demolish the Eagirls. I also honestly think the Eagirls have what it takes to demolish us.

We have the better team. They have the better coach. If we execute well and play solid ball, they lose.

I agree but, they also have a better quarterback. ;)

I wonder how many seahawks fans thought they couldn't beat the saints in the playoffs last year?

With passion, a ton of heart and a huge desire to win and let them know where they are playing, is our turf.

No turn overs, create 2

atleast 2 sacks

stop 3rd downs

no penalties

hard hits.

run the ball eat the clock

We get them by playing sound, smart football as a team.

1 last thing. Save the cheerleaders, save the world! (joke)

Edited by danight

Their secondary is great, but unless they plan on putting one of their "big 3" on Tony Gonzalez, you will see TG eating them alive across the middle. The Eagles have one of the worst front 7 in the leauge, and are only saved by their secondary. Look for a HEAVY dose of Michael Turner and playaction roll outs to Tony Gonzalez. You will see a ton of timing routes tonight as well. I just hope they aren't telegraphed like the one Ryan threw before the half vs Green Bay last year in the playoffs.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Ryan's last two games are uncharacteristic of his play during his tenure here. That's what infuriates our fanbase. We expect better.

He looks to be regressing. Tonight is his chance to change that, otherwise.........

He looks to be regressing. Tonight is his chance to change that, otherwise.........

I remember Delhomme getting traumatized in a playoff game similar to Ryan......and then started the very next season unable to get past it. It turned out real well for Delhomme.

I agree.. This is his chance, tonight, to get over it, and prove that he's still the same qb he was before that playoff game.

Edited by NEWton rivERA

Of course we CAN!! But if we WILL is up for debate.

We will have to run the ball effectively all night. We won't be able to beat them by Ryan having a big night because they're secondary is too good for that. Run, Run, Run!!!

Defense will have to pressure Vick a lot!! Did anyone see the highlights from the Eagles preseason game against the Browns?? Vick was pummeled!! He didn't make dumb mistakes but also didn't have time to make the big play.

So it comes down to a basic game plan (run the ball and pressure the QB), but it's up to the execution.

Yes i do!

Because:

1. We are very good in the dome. We don't want to lose there, and especially not to michael vick. Also, last time we played in the dome (not including preseason) we got our buts whooped - I don't think we want to experience that again. There are many reasons to put up a good fight tonight - at home, meeting the former franchise player, coming off a bad game.

2. We can pound the rock for the entire game. If we get the run game going early, the eagles will have to respect it, which opens up more passing plays for Ryan.

3. We are better than we showed last week.

4. We pretty much win every game when leading at the half. If we start out well, we will always have a chance to win the game.

Edited by niels petersen

We Will Win If:

1. Get off to a quick start early...meaning opening possession TD
  2. Michael Turner has a big night.
  3. We Win the Time Of Possession battle. We need to keep Vick off the field
  4. The Defense can pressure Vick and create turnovers

We Will Lose If:

1. If the Falcons secondary continues to look confused and baffled as the guys on NFL Network illustrated
  2. If Vick and Co. make big plays early putting our Offense outside it's comfort zone
  3. Matt Ryan of the last two games shows up

Of course we CAN!! But if we WILL is up for debate.

We will have to run the ball effectively all night. We won't be able to beat them by Ryan having a big night because they're secondary is too good for that. Run, Run, Run!!!

Defense will have to pressure Vick a lot!! Did anyone see the highlights from the Eagles preseason game against the Browns?? Vick was pummeled!! He didn't make dumb mistakes but also didn't have time to make the big play.

So it comes down to a basic game plan (run the ball and pressure the QB), but it's up to the execution.

I agree 100%. I honestly didn't think vick was going to survive that browns game. I believe the Falcons can pressure vick, my biggest concern though is the eagles do a lot of screens, I just hope they can guard against that while getting pressure on vick.

Yes, if.

We Run the ball.

It worried me a little against the bears that Ryan had so many touches. Yes I like our new explosive offense but we built success on running.

Run the ball well, make them move men in hte box then hit them with the big play. If they then drop, middle catches to Gonzalez will be fine.

Our defense needs to play man coverage, cos from what i've seen our secondry seems confused in zones? maybe just me but what i saw.

Their secondary is great, but unless they plan on putting one of their "big 3" on Tony Gonzalez, you will see TG eating them alive across the middle. The Eagles have one of the worst front 7 in the leauge, and are only saved by their secondary. Look for a HEAVY dose of Michael Turner and playaction roll outs to Tony Gonzalez. You will see a ton of timing routes tonight as well. I just hope they aren't telegraphed like the one Ryan threw before the half vs Green Bay last year in the playoffs.

Normally i would agree Hart but after last week I think we keep our TE in for blocking me thinks Baker will need help. Maybe send Harry over the middle instead.