Comparing Our Passing Game Then And Now....

falconfanatic87

I was on the boards reading various Vick posts (ofcourse) and I saw a thread about when Vick flipped the fans off on '06, got me thinking why so I googled it and looked at the old espn article recapping that incident. What stood out to me was not that Vick flipped the fans off, but towards the end of the article the following stat was amazing to me,

"For the second week in a row, the Falcons managed fewer than 100 net yards passing, finishing with a miniscule 52 yards. Vick was sacked three times. At times he was characteristically scattershot and, on those occasions when he delivered the ball on target, his butter-fingered wideouts usually dropped it. "

I took some Pepto Bismol after reading the article, but it made me realize our offense is so much better now than it was then, We should be thankful. I am not saying its all because of Ryan, because Roddy has worked his butt off to become one of the best receivers in the league and we brought in the right people to work with him. The Joe Horn move didn't pay off on the field but it was every penny because it helped Roddy get where he is today. Everything lined up just right for all of this to happen, If all we are complaining about is not throwing the deep ball and the O-line stepping up, then we're in good shape...just saying...

http://sports.espn.g..._len&id=2676827

Oh yeah, It just puts things in perspective now, could our offense be better, absolutely but it's not like we are terrible, we have a passing game. The explosive plays will come, we keep Ryan clean and it's gonna happen we don't have to throw it deep a lot, just connect on enough of them for the defense to be wary. There was so much wrong with our passing game then it wasn't even funny, we had a whole lot more questions than answers, now it's trending the other way.

Oh yeah, It just puts things in perspective now, could our offense be better, absolutely but it's not like we are terrible, we have a passing game. The explosive plays will come, we keep Ryan clean and it's gonna happen we don't have to throw it deep a lot, just connect on enough of them for the defense to be wary. There was so much wrong with our passing game then it wasn't even funny, we had a whole lot more questions than answers, now it's trending the other way.

This is true

The REALLY sad thing was our running game was really good....like unbelievably good. There were points in games where we would average over 20 yards a carry.

If we had developed a passing game back them we would have been unstoppable.

Yea we did have the 1# rushing team 3 years straight I think. That's not bad at all.

The REALLY sad thing was our running game was really good....like unbelievably good. There were points in games where we would average over 20 yards a carry.

If we had developed a passing game back them we would have been unstoppable.

To bad a certain QB was too bust smoking pot and spreading herpes to try and work on his passing a little.