What Kinda Tv Ya Got For Football ?

Andre5000

I won't get into a "measuring" contest but I will say that my MC plasma is far and away better than any of my LCD screens. The downside is you need a darker room but the picture is better and you have a wider viewing angle. When I kick it up to destroy the earth power consumption it blows me away. I only use that mode for Falcons games because it is not realy good for the TV and children are the future blah blah.

50" sony bravia in hd baby!!! With bravia 5.1 surround sound. (Though I could have gotten a larger screen, I found I was just more impressed by the picture quality of the bravia).

Also: love to use this bad pun on my boys every time Harry Douglas makes a play. :"This big play brought to you in HD!!!!" Pisses em off... Ones a Taints fan the other.... Redskins... I know gay right?!

48" x 96" pull-down screen for a ceiling mounted HD projector. Surround sound & DVR.

I am going in that direction when I build my next home. I want to have a real media room that is designed for the projector and 7.1 SS. The man cave I have now is great but it is not the right shape to do it all "right".

I am going in that direction when I build my next home. I want to have a real media room that is designed for the projector and 7.1 SS. The man cave I have now is great but it is not the right shape to do it all "right".

It doesn't have to cost a fortune either. My set-up was around $1,500. One thing you need though is a dark room, or at least a room you can make dark. Bright, well lit rooms with lots of windows washes out the picture. So yeah, you need a "man-cave"! B)

It doesn't have to cost a fortune either. My set-up was around $1,500. One thing you need though is a dark room, or at least a room you can make dark. Bright, well lit rooms with lots of windows washes out the picture. So yeah, you need a "man-cave"! B)

I have looked at some pricing and I know it won't be much more of an investment than what I have now. My SS does the job but the speakers are not placed in the right spots so you lose some of the magic. It is plenty good enough for most things and I certainly do not see the point in spending any more money unless I can do it right.

I have looked at some pricing and I know it won't be much more of an investment than what I have now. My SS does the job but the speakers are not placed in the right spots so you lose some of the magic. It is plenty good enough for most things and I certainly do not see the point in spending any more money unless I can do it right.

The thing is though, Robert, 3D TV is da future. My sister in Florida recently got one and she says it's amazing.

I am so old and ornery it wasn't until 2 years ago I bought into the whole HD thing. Who knows how long it will take me to go 3D.

Same here, and I'm happy with my current set-up. I only use it for Falcons games though and have other TV's for casual viewing. The reason is that the bulbs in the projectors are very expensive. Replacement bulbs for mine are around $300.00. The bulbs are supposed to be good for about 3000 hours but I've had 'em blow twice with many less hours than that.

Same here, and I'm happy with my current set-up. I only use it for Falcons games though and have other TV's for casual viewing. The reason is that the bulbs in the projectors are very expensive. Replacement bulbs for mine are around $300.00. The bulbs are supposed to be good for about 3000 hours but I've had 'em blow twice with many less hours than that.

I wondered about that. I could almost see me having a traditional TV with a screen that pulls down in front of it for the projector. One of the reasons it took me so long to make the switch is because about half of the things I watch are reruns of old television shows and older movies. Now I love sports and nature documentaries in beautiful HD but most of the other things I watch are "better" but I could have easily lived with SD for most of it.