Rex Ryan Was Interviewed Before Mike Smith

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We would have "play makers" on both sides of the lines with Rex. TD came in with "the process".... draft, draft, draft and wait 4-5 yrs until they might turn into a ball player + draft for position not best talent available + pick up cheap FA let go by other teams to keep cost down. oh.. and hire choir boys that fit the mold set up after YKW. Drafting a team works well in baseball... all I know if by the time a long shot draft hit comes around he is ready to bolt for $$.

We were in Aw that he was bringing us the NE Patriots organization.... I'm not sure what that process is exactly, but I do know they hit the FA market quite often and well.. have one of the best coaches period so nothing much matters there. He can turn s%#@ into a diamond. Smith on the other hand...well.. ??

Rex was screwed over by the Falcons. They had him on hold for like 3 weeks until they could secure Smith. Felt bad for the guy but that's football. I know our defense would be feared & one we would be proud of. Man we would rock.

Our offense would be different let's just say that. We would be more exciting & would actually use our premier WR on routes longer than 10 yds.

The interesting thing would be would he have gone after Ryan with #3 or ??

Huge mistake in no hiring Rex IMO, but this the hand we were dealt.

The big reason for Ryan hitting the ground running at the JETS was because he grabbed all the FA talent off that Ravens defense and bought them across to smooth the transition.I don't mind him as a coach the fact is he walks like he talks it which suits NY surroundings nicely I really wonder how that would have worked in ATL.

Anyways if fans here can't see the job the Mike Smith has done here in his 4th season and have negative things to say they are straight up on the crack pipe he and the FO have put a good foundation in place for the Falcons going foward no longer are the Falcons among the easy beats in the league.Teams when they play the Falcons in the last 3 seasons no there in for a battle and at the end of the day as a fan thats all I ask that our team go out and give it there all for 60 minutes a week and if what I've seen the last 3 seasons is anything to go by I'm more than satisfied.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I'm glad we passed on Rex Ryan. While he is a great defensive coach, I would not want him to be representing our franchise or city. Tony Dungy, a man whom I respect in many ways, had a few issues with Rex Ryan and the way he goes about his business, and they way he talks to people, ect. So, If Tony has some character issues with him, its safe to say those concerns are legit and something I would not want to deal with here in Atlanta.

I think either way our organization would of ended up in good hands. And I think people have become selfish and forget where we were at that current time. Since then we have become one of the top 5 teams in the NFL in most critics/fans eyes. What more do people want? honestly, look at half the organizations in the NFL who have been in the same mid pack of rankings for the past 10 years. We should embrace what we have and be thankful for what arthur has given us. WE ARE on the way to where we all have all wanted to be for so long, just wait it out. In hind sight I would of been happy with either of them, rex is more stylish and puts himself out there more where as smith is very humble and quiet. So yea, either would of put us in or around the same situation we are now I think.

Plus rex wanted to run a base 3-4. We did not have the personnel for that and wouldn't have for a couple seasons. The Jets were already running a 3-4 under mangini. Easier transition.

big deal. we had some folks who fit that mode better... if you think the 3-4 is better & know how to win with it.. than you change the personnel to fit it or teach the NFL player you have to adapt. Many players at this level have been exposed to multiply defenses schemes so its not that hard to adapt... if you need a stud NT to get the ball rolling than go find one, a good one.

We would have "play makers" on both sides of the lines with Rex. TD came in with "the process".... draft, draft, draft and wait 4-5 yrs until they might turn into a ball player + draft for position not best talent available + pick up cheap FA let go by other teams to keep cost down. oh.. and hire choir boys that fit the mold set up after YKW. Drafting a team works well in baseball... all I know if by the time a long shot draft hit comes around he is ready to bolt for $$. We were in Aw that he was bringing us the NE Patriots organization.... I'm not sure what that process is exactly, but I do know they hit the FA market quite often and well.. have one of the best coaches period so nothing much matters there. He can turn s%#@ into a diamond. Smith on the other hand...well.. ??

We would be in the same position. Quit talking down on Thomas Dimitroff. It's not his fault that Rich McKay gave all of our money to Vick, Price, Hartwell, and a few other scrubs that didn't make it. The Jets had something to work with. They had a team that people still wanted to play for. Blame Arthur Blank before Dimitroff. We have The Falcon Filter, so Santonio Holmes couldn't have came here. The game has to be played, and you can't go on comparing apples to oranges.