I Hate To Break It To You Blind Ones, But

iDash

There is no way they can fix the our OL problems,

or our D problems in one week.

I am not saying we will lose, but dont expect much change at all in the OL and D!

Its either,

Turner busts some Eagles in the mouth all day (TOP),

or Matt Ryan is going to be ducking /dodging!

Falcons could go to two TE sets like Pats

(99% of time) to protect. Wrs JJ and Roddy only!

Anyway, Definitely put a TE on Baker's side this week!

The D is who we thought they were and they continue to let teams off the Hook !

We sure did, but anyone who thinks we lost that game due to BVG's play calling is an idiot.

We should have picked off Cutler at least two more times...plus the miss tackles. I'm in no way fond of BVG's scheme, but that was not the reason players in position could not come up with the goods. BVG's play-calling did not turn Decoud's hands into stone or put DRob's feet on skates. We actually got some pressure and KB and seldom seen Sid looked good.

The OL is not the only concern with the "O"...I question the play-calling on that side of the ball more.

BVG is capable of calling a good defensive game...see our last game w/ NO. If we get after Vick early we can shut him down.

I have my doubts that was BVG calling the saints game.. notice Smith was SUPER pissed after that last eagles game, and there was rumors Smith was going to take over the playcalling finally.. next week, we come out and our D plays LIGHTS OUT vs the saints.. Week after that, it goes back to the same ole horrible playcalling.. Coincidence?? I dont think so.

Smith called the plays vs NO, then gave it back to BVG. Thats the ONLY logical explaination how our D can be so good one week and so bad the other 16 games last year + start of this year.

We should have picked off Cutler at least two more times...plus the miss tackles. I'm in no way fond of BVG's scheme, but that was not the reason players in position could not come up with the goods. BVG's play-calling did not turn Decoud's hands into stone or put DRob's feet on skates. We actually got some pressure and KB and seldom seen Sid looked good.

The OL is not the only concern with the "O"...I question the play-calling on that side of the ball more.

I agree. If DeCoud could have picked off those two errant passes and the offensive line protected better we would have something else to talk about and be 1-0

Our players were slipping alot vs the Bears. They "should" have better footing on the home turf. We could see more improvement than we expect.

One other thing. The Eagles do not have as good of a DL as the Bears. They have good bookends, but they are soft up the middle. If we bust some runs up the gut on them, their DE's would be forced to play the run, which will slow down their passrush. If we fall behind, it could get ugly.

There is no way they can fix the our OL problems,

or our D problems in one week.

I am not saying we will lose, but dont expect much change at all in the OL and D!

Its either,

Turner busts some Eagles in the mouth all day (TOP),

or Matt Ryan is going to be ducking /dodging!

Falcons could go to two TE sets like Pats

(99% of time) to protect. Wrs JJ and Roddy only!

Anyway, Definitely put a TE on Baker's side this week!

The D is who we thought they were and they continue to let teams off the Hook !

I have always respected your opinion because you are spot on most of the time. Not to mention you have always helped others here INCLUDING ME with their avy's and such, a lot of which goes unmentioned, you created me a avatar from the pics I sent you that I wish I could use here, but the animated feature isn't on for avy's here in the forums, Thanks once again, I thought and still think it was cool!

As for your opinion on the game, I have a feeling on this one, I feel if they can force vick to roll out left then they can make him one dimensional. I have never seen him look or throw across the field to the right after doing that. He always looks left from what I have seen. That is unless the eagles do a SCREEN play call on the right. Right meaning from and offensive standpoint.

But by the same token, that stupid roll out to the right stuff Matt Ryan has done should be avoided, I mean if the Falcons are going to do a screen, at least do it the right way, don't throw the ball to somebody without any blockers in front of them.

As for what you said here, something to think about and I really believe it - "The Falcons I think will get back to realism, they will start running the ball first, and that should cause the eagles and other teams they face to respect that, meaning this new lineup on offense will have a lot more options by doing that in certain situations".

We shall see. It will be interesting to watch.

Something that concerned me was that the bears seemed to pick on the right side of the field, where Ray Edwards was, they challenged him and that side of the defense. Perhaps they need Dunta Robinson on that side this week.

I dunno, although I will say, on EVERY play the Falcons d-LINE needs to throw their arms and hands up if the QB throws a pass if they don't get to the QB, he's a short dude, that has been shown to cause him problems. Contain the corners on the D-line with Abe and Edwards, and force vick out to the left. Just my opinion.

We shall see. I hope the Falcons win!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GAFALCONFAN

BVG is capable of calling a good defensive game...see our last game w/ NO. If we get after Vick early we can shut him down.

Agree.. The thing is, our offense and defense are so much like 1 unit, meaning that they are (perhaps a bit too much) dependent on each other. The defense is depending on the offense to put up points and get a lead, and the offense is depending on the defense to keep the lead as big as possible. The most essential thing for us to win is to get in front, and grab the lead. We are a very good team when leading because that is when the coordinators can play the kind of game they really want - which is eat up some clock on O, and bend but don't break on D. Our coordinators are very good at that kind of game, but are inconsistent and ineffective in a lot of other game situations. I think a lot of teams have figured this out, and plan to use it against us until we show that we can play in different kinds of game situations, and attack in a lot of different ways both offensively and defensively.

So yes, our coordinators are capable of calling a good game, but as of right now, we need to put ourselves in position for the coordinators to call a good game, and we do that by getting a good start and getting up by a couple of scores. Otherwise, our coordinators are having a hard time figuring out what really to do, and that is our biggest weakness IMO, because we aren't always going to be in those favorable situations.

That said, I don't think our coordinators are horrible, but they are pretty inconsistent. And that isn't going to cut it in the long run.

And on a sidenote. I think the game tonight is going to be a good one. This team is embarrassed about what happened last week, and they are going to put up a fight tonight. I'm not sure we are going to win, but I believe that we have the opportunity to do so!!

Go Falcons!!

Edited by niels petersen