How In The World Can You Be A Falcons Fan And Cheer For Vick In This Game?

Caddieman

Some one explain to me how you can cheer for Vick in this game and be a Falcons fan!

I get some people still love Vick. And thats your right to do so. I for one can't get over what he did to this team, owner and to the fans of Atlanta. I give him a lot of credit for getting his life back on track, and I am very glad he is telling his story to the younger kids so they can choose a better path. I applaud him for that.

But back to my point. Hey its ok to have a Vick Jersey. Its ok to wear the #7 to Falcons games................but not this one! In my book whoever shows up Sunday night with a #7 on is a VICK fan and not a true fan of the Atlanta Falcons. You should be booed out of the Dome with the rest of the Eagles fans. Vick is a great athlete and very fun to watch, but not in our Dome!

So I say wear your Vick Jersey with pride the rest of the season if you want too. But if you bring it out this Sunday, You are a trader to this team, and to our fan base! Thats just the way I see it right or wrong!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Falcons are blown out and the faithful loud crowd has already gone home, those who are left will find something to enjoy.

It falls on the team, ultimately. The Falcons - with their play - should be the ones to silence the Vick fans. Nobody else need be involved. They need to rise up and squash this, or they need to own it.

This is the thing. When Vick came to the Falcons and started making freakish plays and winning games he became a role model for many many people in Atlanta. Many of those people most likely were not football fans before that point.

The people that cheer for Vick like he still plays for us are stuck in the past thinking maybe one day he will play for us again. Vick is their GOD.

The only way that all this Vick loving is going to stop is........It's not. Vick will always be apart of the Atlanta story. It will always be in the books. I won't cheer for him because he doesn't play for us and I think Matt Ryan is the right QB for Atlanta. Vick had his chance with the Falcons and he screwed it up. GO FALCONS!

If the Falcons are blown out and the faithful loud crowd has already gone home, those who are left will find something to enjoy.

It falls on the team, ultimately. The Falcons - with their play - should be the ones to silence the Vick fans. Nobody else need be involved. They need to rise up and squash this, or they need to own it.

This is so true. If the Falcons get out there and put points on the board and stop the Eagles from putting points on the board, then the Vick fans will never really have a chance to get loud. So it is all on the players. This game will really show what kind of team we have and how bad they want it.

GO FALCONS!

Some one explain to me how you can cheer for Vick in this game and be a Falcons fan!

I get some people still love Vick. And thats your right to do so. I for one can't get over what he did to this team, owner and to the fans of Atlanta. I give him a lot of credit for getting his life back on track, and I am very glad he is telling his story to the younger kids so they can choose a better path. I applaud him for that.

But back to my point. Hey its ok to have a Vick Jersey. Its ok to wear the #7 to Falcons games................but not this one! In my book whoever shows up Sunday night with a #7 on is a VICK fan and not a true fan of the Atlanta Falcons. You should be booed out of the Dome with the rest of the Eagles fans. Vick is a great athlete and very fun to watch, but not in our Dome!

So I say wear your Vick Jersey with pride the rest of the season if you want too. But if you bring it out this Sunday, You are a trader to this team, and to our fan base! Thats just the way I see it right or wrong!

The way the foulcons played against Packers and Bears show that they are traders on there fans

I can wear any Jersey anytime I want. I paid for my 100 level tickets! GO MV7! Welcome HOME!

Wow a bunch of babies crying over a half decent quarterback......WAKE UP Vick is not on OUR team anymore. Get your head out the clouds and give Matt Ryan a chance. He's done more for this franchise then Vick,has better stats then vick. I'm so sick of the falcons fan base, all we do is cry and complain. Especially when we lose it's like suicide watch on these board I can't wait till sunday night. >> Sarcasm

Is there a Falcons Fan Club by-law that says you can't cheer for Vick? If so, I'd suspect membership to be cut by half...

The fact of the matter is that Smitty is depending on the support of the Falcons fans. The Falcons players have requested the same. Both have stated that the support of fans to the Falcons team makes a BIG difference. Falcons fans will honor this request. Let's Go Falcons.