Thought The Katrina Bowl Commentating Was Irritating.........

FalconinPA

I know most of you remember the monday night game against the Saints where the whole game was all about the Saints and katrina. The commentating was irriating as he*ll. The Falcons were barely even mentioned the whole night, Also who could forget the irritating commentating during last year's game when Gruden and company were deep throating Bree's and the saints the whole time.

Can you imagine what sunday night's game is gonna be like. They will probably start the game off with Vick's amazing plays during his time with the Falcons, then his fall from grace and rebirth with the Eagles. Probably see all kinds of Vick timelines. They are gonna be all over his nutz. The only way we will not have to endure this is get an early lead and keep it. If we don't and the Eagles run wild, I might be forced to turn my tv off because of the commentating. Not like losing and the commentators are all over the other teams nutz. Go Falcons!!!!

I know most of you remember the monday night game against the Saints where the whole game was all about the Saints and katrina. The commentating was irriating as he*ll. The Falcons were barely even mentioned the whole night, Also who could forget the irritating commentating during last year's game when Gruden and company were deep throating Bree's and the saints the whole time.

Can you imagine what sunday night's game is gonna be like. They will probably start the game off with Vick's amazing plays during his time with the Falcons, then his fall from grace and rebirth with the Eagles. Probably see all kinds of Vick timelines. They are gonna be all over his nutz. The only way we will not have to endure this is get an early lead and keep it. If we don't and the Eagles run wild, I might be forced to turn my tv off because of the commentating. Not like losing and the commentators are all over the other teams nutz. Go Falcons!!!!

Man that taints game was irritating! I was so down after that game for that reason

Yes that's going to be annoying

It reminds me of the first preseason game of 2007 I think after vick was gone. Almost the entire game, the camera was on commentators in the booth and on the sidelines discussing the vick story, meanwhile you could hear a football game going on in the background that no one at ESPN was really interested in

Well, when u put up 6 pts ALL NIGHT, what exactly did you want them to talk about?

Right...its the commentary that will force you to turn off the tv...not the skull-draggin arse whippin you're beloved Faclowns are getting on national primetime tv. Gotcha.

I really hope this finally goes the falcons way this time. I really feel that were due to step up here.

Networks will always bring up his past as a former player here whether we are playing The Eagles or if he had a great game. It's the perfect story of redemption they can spin and boost their ratings.

haha you said deep throating

ok im done

That was the first year of ESPN having MNF. They literally had like a 5-hour pre-game show. I'm not sure about the first 4 hours, but the last hour prior to kick-off was Brees/Horn visiting the city and it's people, sad N.O. fans, ravaged citizens in Saints gear, hurricane footage, and just an overall slumping feeling. You could clearly tell ESPN was looking for a "break 'em down, build 'em up" routine.

The rivalry, both teams being 2-0, or pretty much anything not Hurricane-related was left out. Then the game finally started and you expected some commentary. Nope, more f*cking Katrina talk.

I remember thinking, "this is a game. Let us enjoy it." I'm not trying to come off as heartless, cause what happened is bigger than the game, but c'mon. Even Saints fans were saying the Katrina story was over-covered on ESPN that day. Even THEY wanted to forget about it and watch the game. Maybe not all of them, but a significant portion did.

I'm talking about real Saints fans, not Saintfan71 that 1) posted earlier 2) doesn't remember the score of the game 3) can't use the actual pejoratives for the team (faclowns? That's like us calling you the "Are nots" instead of the Aints, fool) 4) wasn't a Saints fan way back 5 years ago.

I'll be watching, and hoping that the Falcons go back to our old formula

if we try to be the greatest show on turf..I'll watch picks, 3 and outs, and the Eagles offense explode because our defense isn't rested...48-17 loss if we try that

if we run the ball, short passes etc..28-20 Falcons

Edited by alwaysfallforward

They will probably start the game off with Vick's amazing plays during his time with the Falcons, then his fall from grace and rebirth with the Eagles. Probably see all kinds of Vick timelines.

Too bad they don't have any raw video of him murdering dogs to splice into that video timeline. It would be appropriate.

Chris Collinsworth is the WORST. He is the most negative color commentator in the NFL. He's going to make our night miserable. For those of you lucky enough to live in range of 790 or Star 94, listen to Wes and Arch and turn the volume down on the TV. I promise you, you will throw a beer bottle at your TV when Collinsworth's piehole is flapping.

Yes, the Katrina Bowl commentating was way over the top and all over the Saint's ntz. The media is going to jump all over the obvious slant to any story. It's going to be even worse tonight, because the whole country will again be focused on Atlanta and they will use this "stage" to spew enough over-blown hyperbole to bury a five-story building in bs.

It will be all good though if the Falcons show up pissed off and hungry to kick butt and the Eagles and all the sports talking heads have to shut up and eat crow tomorrow morning.