What Offensive Scheme Would You Run On Philly?

falconsfreak27

Attack the **** out of Casey Mathews and their overall weakness at LB. Draws, seams, two TE sets sending backs into vacant zones. Send turner between the tackles a LOT. Rams were successful running up the middle. I don't think any of their LBs can handle Quizz if you can get him matched up on them, which should be pretty easy. The thing you have that the Rams don't is a very dangerous WR corp. That should make attacking the middle and rushing a lot easier.

I can see ATL in just a 2 WR set for most of the game. Eagles CBs are their strength, so I imagine they'd rather have one of their mediocre LBs on the field rather than the nickle corner DomRoCro.

Three wide reciever sets all game with draws and screens run the clock hurry up 4th qtr when the D is tired even with the lead

Hmm, yeah, that's the one thing I certainly wouldn't do. Then again, I have the credibility of a dead gopher when it comes to coaching football. I'd go with a second TE to attack the weak LBs rather than 3WRs to attack a very, very strong CB corp. But that's just me.

I don't want to compare the Eagles' D that much to the Bears but I think there are some things that the Bears were doing that the Eagles will also be attempting. Most notably, the Bears DT's were having success at the inside rush. The Eagles do those same sorts of things with their D-tackles. The Eagles' DE's will be rushing full speed ahead right off the snap, though they set up wider than the Bears do and rely more on speed rushes.

Probably the Falcons will attempt to attack the WILL and the MIKE linebackers, as well as the free safety in ordinary (non-passing) situations. The WILL and FS are OK for the most part but sometimes they get caught in over-pursuit. They got gashed big time on some running plays against the Rams. The MIKE is sometimes blamed by fans and the media for things that were not his fault, but he is a rookie and he is still somewhat raw, not to mention undersized.

With Philly, I would constantly attack the middle of the field and attack their LB core. People here hate the two tight end set, but I would use that heavily in this game along with some 3 and 4 wide occassionally.

As much as Turner up the middle is expected. Let's get some Weems or Julio reverse action off that. Then let's get a misdirection package that has a WR or Quizz flanked wide screen with something a little deeper down the field off of that. We must run the ball and take advantage of a weak run defense for Philly. Also some 4 and 5 WR sets. We need to show more aggression on offense.

personally with their strength being the corners, i would have sets keeping the 3rd corner off the field keeping the extra lb in there. i would run a lot of 2 wr 1 te 2 back sets or 2 wr 2 te 1 back sets. play to our strengths not theirs. if we establish the running game that will force a safety to step up to help stop the run which they seem to struggle with. if we can force the safeties up that should open up some 1 on 1 coverage on the outside.

Establish the run early and often, because I seriously doubt they can stop it. An established running game will help set up the play action as well which should open opportunities down the field, but beyond that I'd say to keep the passing game short and quick with screens and slants to help take their corners out of the game. Bubble screens would also be good because Asomugha, Samuels, and Rodgers-Cromartie are not known for being physical and, at least for Nnamdi and Asante, are some of the worst tacklers for their positions in the league which the bubble screens should take advantage of.

So, keep it on the ground and keep the passing game short, quick, and physical with some play action shots down field.

Control the ball & clock like we did @ NO last year. No Huddle. Wear down their D. Run, Run, Run the ball up the middle. Screen plays n short passes. Keep ball outta YKW's hands. Force turnovers, pick, pick, pick and some explosive plays from ST. And if the football gods are willing, let's keep em guessing...Can you hear me Mularky?

Control the ball & clock like we did @ NO last year. No Huddle. Wear down their D. Run, Run, Run the ball up the middle. Screen plays n short passes. Keep ball outta YKW's hands. Force turnovers, pick, pick, pick and some explosive plays from ST. And if the football gods are willing, let's keep em guessing...Can you hear me Mularky?

The goal on offense should be to dictate. Amen.