I'm Curious

Miller2Rison

I see a lot of people who are saying if we lose to Vick were just 0-2 and this game doesn't matter much and this and that.

If that is true, when Deion cam back in 94? I think, i attended the game i was 10, we lost like 45-3. To this day a lot of the older fans STILL hate deion sanders for that.

So how is this just another game and don't mean much? Im guessing a lot of you were not around back in the prime time days.

On a side note, as much as i hate vick for what he did (mostly what he did to the dogs not the falcons) He seems a little bit more humble than deion was when he came back

Vick has been extremely careful to say all the right things this week. He has matured since he was QB here and he's a lot better at handling the media. He's well aware that a lot of intense hatred remains in the hearts of the vast majority of Atlanta Falcon fans, though there's still a small, idiotic band of groupies who think it's somehow cool and hip to worship at the feet of a wanna-be street thug because he's also a football player.

This game is big for Vick because he would like to laugh in the face of the haters who will never forgive him, but it's even bigger for the Falcons because of how poorly they've played as a team since the end of last season.

Depending on the outcome, this game could "live in infamy" for Falcon fans for years to come. It could even be the trigger for drastic changes in the organization and on the field if the Falcons really stink up the Dome this game.

Edited by PokerSteve

I see a lot of people who are saying if we lose to Vick were just 0-2 and this game doesn't matter much and this and that.

If that is true, when Deion cam back in 94? I think, i attended the game i was 10, we lost like 45-3. To this day a lot of the older fans STILL hate deion sanders for that.

So how is this just another game and don't mean much? Im guessing a lot of you were not around back in the prime time days.

On a side note, as much as i hate vick for what he did (mostly what he did to the dogs not the falcons) He seems a little bit more humble than deion was when he came back

Been a Falcons fan since 86', and I hate neither of them. I actually liked Deion until he got with the Cowboys. As for Vick, I respect him as a football player but as a person, not so much.

Vick has been extremely careful to say all the right things this week. He has matured since he was QB here and he's a lot better at handling the media. He's well aware that a lot of intense hatred remains in the hearts of the vast majority of Atlanta Falcon fans, though there's still a small, idiotic band of groupies who think it's somehow cool and hip to worship at the feet of a wanna-be street thug because he's also a football player.

This game is big for Vick because he would like to laugh in the face of the haters who will never forgive him, but it's even bigger for the Falcons because of how poorly they've played as a team since the end of last season.

Depending on the outcome, this game could "live in infamy" for Falcon fans for years to come. It could even be the trigger for drastic changes in the organization and on the field if the Falcons really stink up the Dome this game.

You talk like you know what you're talking about here, lol!

You scared bro?

The thing about Deion is he fought one of our WR during the game (and got the best of him) then came down and snatched a pick in front of the same WR danced down the field to the endzone and started talking smack pointing at our sidline and laughing while he was running towards the endzone. So Yea ppl still hate him for that. If Vick comes here and punches Grimes in his mouth, then runs a TD and starts doing the Durty Bird in the endzone taughting the fans he will never be safe in Atlanta again.

The thing about Deion is he fought one of our WR during the game (and got the best of him) then came down and snatched a pick in front of the same WR danced down the field to the endzone and started talking smack pointing at our sidline and laughing while he was running towards the endzone. So Yea ppl still hate him for that. If Vick comes here and punches Grimes in his mouth, then runs a TD and starts doing the Durty Bird in the endzone taughting the fans he will never be safe in Atlanta again.

Didn't Deon just get inducted into the Ring of Honor after pulling that stunt? I'm pretty sure he was safe partying in Atlanta that entire week.

I was born in 81, and have always been an avid Atlanta sports fan. It's not fair to compare Vick to Deion. Vick was a MUCH bigger figure in Atlanta. Vick royally ****** over the Falcons, and his fans. Deion just left for another team after not being offered another contract. How are they compared? Were you around in the Prime Time days?