Is Matt Ryan No Longer The Face Of The Franchise?

Super Mario

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the face of the franchise?

• Matt Ryan
    • Roddy White
    • Arthur Blank
    • Other

On a typical team, the QB is the face of the franchise. This makes sense as the QB is usually the highest paid, most important, and best player on the team. When you think of the Patriots, Saints, Packers, or Colts, the first names that come into mind are their respective QBs. However, there are circumstances where the QB is not the face of the franchise. For example, during David Garrard's tenure in Jacksonville, Maurice Jones Drew was the poster child instead of Garrard.

On the Falcons, there seems to be a divide as to who should be the face of the franchise. On one hand, many fans would love for Matt Ryan to be 'that' guy. Yet, it's hard for Ryan to be the team's face when he has never thrown for more than 350 yards or 3 TDs in one game. While Ryan may be the highest paid, he is far from being the best player on the team. On the other hand, you have Roddy White, who has been the model of consistency. He is arguably our best player on offense and is so important to the team that Matt Ryan literally depends on him to move the chains. Roddy White not only is dependable, he is also visible in the media. White has made numerous appearances on TV and primed for a career in reporting after retirement.

Who is the face of the franchise?

Discuss.

Edited by Vick to Julio

Matt Ryan doesn't have enough swag to be the face of Atlanta 0_o

Matt Ryan IS the face of this franchise whether you accept that or not; like it or not. He has been since he got here and will continue to be going forward. Phuck swagger! The phuck is that teeny-booper shyte. Granted, he needs a little mojo, but phuck some swag.

Edited by JoeSr

I have to say Roddy White is the face of this franchise. He's the most talented, has the best stats, is the best personality, has the most enthusiasm and is indispensable on the field. The jury is still out on Matt Ryan, and recent performances aren't exactly increasing the value of his stock.

I see your argument. A very, very strong case can be made for Roddy White. I chose Ryan, but I had to think about it once I saw Roddy as an option.

I'm honestly quite shocked by how many of you are saying Matt is NOT the face of the franchise. The man has some remarkable statistics and has won almost every home game he's played in three seasons under helm.

He's thought of by many people who study the game as the future of the league and is now taking some major heat from this board after two bad games in a row.

I know its a league of instant gratification, but I don't think that to many people outside of this message board are throwing him under the bus just yet.

I think he's the face of the franchise. We go as far as he goes. Just my two cents.

I'm honestly quite shocked by how many of you are saying Matt is NOT the face of the franchise. The man has some remarkable statistics and has won almost every home game he's played in three seasons under helm.

He's thought of by many people who study the game as the future of the league and is now taking some major heat from this board after two bad games in a row.

I know its a league of instant gratification, but I don't think that to many people outside of this message board are throwing him under the bus just yet.

I think he's the face of the franchise. We go as far as he goes. Just my two cents.

I agree with you but to me this is about pure personality. I'm not about to throw Matty under the bus. He's our QB and I thinks he's good and possibly on his way to greatness. Roddy mouths off a lot and while that's not always a good thing, the man has the kind of swagger that I like a lot and think the team needs more of. Just MHO.

Teams who's QB's are not the face of the franchise.

Ravens: Ray Lewis

Chargers prior to '09: Tomlinson

Raiders: No one.

Redskins: No one, but most recently was probably Sean Taylor

Cowboys: DeMarcus Ware, at least he should be.

Giants: Anyone but Eli Manning

Panthers: Steve Smith for a long time (unfortunately for them.)

Vikings: Peterson

Lions: Calvin Johnson

Bears: Brian Urlacher

Even the Steelers are debatable as to if it's Big Ben or Ward or Harrison.

Point is, the QB doesn't HAVE to be the face of the team. Matt Ryan is but if he wasn't it's not a big deal because this team has a lot of respectable faces that it could be.

Like it or not, Michael Vick was the face of the franchise in 08 even when Ryan was here.

Do you know what the term "Face of the Franchise" means? It's not just a talented player. You have to also have great leadership, which Vick didn't have. Great character, which Vick didn't have, and also have a great community presence. Think because you make yourself look any worst.