Freeman: A Young Qb With The Highest Ceiling.

Big Bubba

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/25121/singing-the-praises-of-nfc-south-qbs

I agree.

In this Insider piece in.gif, Trent Dilfer ranks Tampa Bay’s Josh Freeman as the young quarterback with the highest ceiling. I couldn’t agree with him more, although a few more big games from Cam Newton could change my thinking. But there really are no limits for Freeman.

He’s got a world of physical talent, but his biggest strength might be that he has so many intangibles. Dilfer points out the one challenge for Freeman could be his supporting cast. It’s not great. The Bucs are a team that builds through the draft and I think you might see them drafting a lot of offensive players next April.

I also think Newton’s got a very high ceiling, but we need to see him play a little more before deciding how high his ceiling is. I think Atlanta’s Matt Ryan has pretty much reached his ceiling.

Brees........ doesn't really count, he's a grizzled veteran, SB mvp. Him, Rodgers, Brady, Peyton are who these young guys want to emulate.

So... young qbs ceiling at the moment. ..

Freeman. Guy has stud written all over him.

/

Newton. Need more games, he'll struggle as the season progresses, it's all about improvements though. Need a few amazing games this year before i anoint him, or a pretty good season next year.

/

/

Ryan.

In 2 years, ours qbs may be the most potent bunch of the league.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

If it was any other ex QB that had written this I'd find it more credible. Dilfer was a LOUSY starting quarterback that wouldn't match up well to any on his list except maybe Henne.

True.. :lol:

You know the saying though, you throw enough sh1t against the wall, eventually something will stick. He seems legit in his reasoning for Freeman. I don't have the pay service, so had to read about it on the pewter report.

Falcon fans. Agree or Disagree with Pat Y's assessment on Ryan already reaching his ceiling?

True.. :lol:

You know the saying though, you throw enough sh1t against the wall, eventually something will stick. He seems legit in his reasoning for Freeman. I don't have the pay service, so had to read about it on the pewter report.

Falcon fans. Agree or Disagree with Pat Y's assessment on Ryan already reaching his ceiling?

disagree. qbs rarely peak by year 3. qb's prime years are about years 5-12

disagree. qbs rarely peak by year 3. qb's prime years are about years 5-12

Yeah, I didn't quite understand it either. I'm all for ripping on Ryan, It's fun when opposing fans do it. I don't know what's going on with Pat Y. For the last 3 years, he has been one of the biggest Ryan Homers on the planet. It's weird seeing him type, that Ryan has already reached his ceiling. While affirming the fact that Ryan still needs to work on his deep ball. A deep ball, if it ever happens, will give Ryan a whole new level to his ceiling.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand it either. I'm all for ripping on Ryan, It's fun when opposing fans do it. I don't know what's going on with Pat Y. For the last 3 years, he has been one of the biggest Ryan Homers on the planet. It's weird seeing him type, that Ryan has already reached his ceiling. While affirming the fact that Ryan still needs to work on his deep ball. A deep ball, if it ever happens, will give Ryan a whole new level to his ceiling.

i think physically ryan is what he is. i dont think he is going to turn into a qb that launches it all over the field and to be quite honest probably belongs in the west coast offense. he isn't the most physically gifted, his arm strength is middle of the road for starting qbs, if that (probably lower), he's slow and he is clumsy. but his football IQ is up there with the best in the game at his position. he reads defenses well and knows where his highest percentage play is. i think ryan's improvement will be getting more familiar and comfortable with the defenses.

i think physically ryan is what he is. i dont think he is going to turn into a qb that launches it all over the field and to be quite honest probably belongs in the west coast offense. he isn't the most physically gifted, his arm strength is middle of the road for starting qbs, if that (probably lower), he's slow and he is clumsy. but his football IQ is up there with the best in the game at his position. he reads defenses well and knows where his highest percentage play is. i think ryan's improvement will be getting more familiar and comfortable with the defenses.

He's one of those that I can see getting into coaching when he retires down the road. May not have been elite or the most physically gifted, but by that time, he'll have studied pretty much everything, and could definitely teach it to rookies and young qbs just starting out.

He's one of those that I can see getting into coaching when he retires down the road. May not have been elite or the most physically gifted, but by that time, he'll have studied pretty much everything, and could definitely teach it to rookies and young qbs just starting out.

i could see that, or in broadcasting

I think it's kind of a fluffy article for an "Insider Piece" (as in, you have to pay to be a member to read the whole thing) if it comes to the daring conclusion that a young quarterback with a strong arm and great feet has "limitless" potential and anyone without as strong of an arm or as great of feet don't have as high a ceiling. I know it's easy to idealize the past but it still seems like the internet has done a number on decent sports journalism.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I think it's kind of a fluffy article for an "Insider Piece" (as in, you have to pay to be a member to read the whole thing) if it comes to the daring conclusion that a young quarterback with a strong arm and great feet has "limitless" potential and anyone without as strong of an arm or as great of feet don't have as high a ceiling. I know it's easy to idealize the past but it still seems like the internet has done a number on decent sports journalism.

What's really hilarious, had Dilfer been talking about what limitless potential Stain has, you'd be all over that article like stink on ****! :lol:

While Dilfer has very little credibility since he was at BEST a mediocre quarterback and that was on his good days, you have absolutely ZERO seeing as you can take your lips off Ryan's *** or the Falcons in general.

Pause for the age remark we all know that's coming due to your rather limited cerebral resources......... :rolleyes:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

FREEMAN WAS MADE FOR THE BUCS. HE HAS WHAT I CALL A

"BUC MENTALITY." HE IS THE RIGHT QB FOR THIS TEAM. HE

WILL CAUSE US A LOT OF PROBLEMS. WE CAN'T BEAT HIM

FOREVER. THE KID WILL HAVE HIS DAY AGAINST US. B)

Not according to wfw! Stain is unbeatable in his warped homer-ridden mind. :lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Of course he'll have his day jb (so castles made of sand fall into the sea EVENTUALLY) ... in order words jb STFU until Pooh finally beats Ice... :lol:

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Nice Jimi reference, but totally off base (as usual) when pertaining to Stain. :P

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

That was referenced towards Pooh and thanks for the Jimi shout out. I saw his grave sight back in 04' when I was in Seattle. I saw Bruce and Brandon Lees as well as they are only about 10 miles apart there in Seattle.

2011-january-8-18-35-12_medium.jpg

Yes, Jimi has a LOT more in common with Freeman than WhiteBread, Milk Toast, Mealy Mouth, Pants Soiling Ryan! :lol: :lol: :P

What's really hilarious, had Dilfer been talking about what limitless potential Stain has, you'd be all over that article like stink on ****! :lol:

While Dilfer has very little credibility since he was at BEST a mediocre quarterback and that was on his good days, you have absolutely ZERO seeing as you can take your lips off Ryan's *** or the Falcons in general.

Pause for the age remark we all know that's coming due to your rather limited cerebral resources......... :rolleyes:

I love that you were so shook by something I said two days ago that you really think I'm going to remember that you're older than the Crypt Keeper for more than a week. I might have forgotten about it completely now that that one thread has fallen down the front page a ways, but your attempt to cut off any jokes about the way you part the three hairs left on the top of your head has only encouraged me.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I love that you were so shook by something I said two days ago that you really think I'm going to remember that you're older than the Crypt Keeper for more than a week. I might have forgotten about it completely now that that one thread has fallen down the front page a ways, but your attempt to cut off any jokes about the way you part the three hairs left on the top of your head has only encouraged me.

You can't even talk football....... :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

You can't even talk football....... :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

I could more football with you specifically but Buc fans are so happy with going 10-6, getting swept by us and missing the playoffs that it's hard to come up with anything that's both true and would hurt someone such as yourself.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I could more football with you specifically but Buc fans are so happy with going 10-6, getting swept by us and missing the playoffs that it's hard to come up with anything that's both true and would hurt someone such as yourself.

Like I said, unless it's with Homers like yourself you're lost and reduced to little more than personal insults. It is amusing though watching you TRY...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, unless it's with Homers like yourself you're lost and reduced to little more than personal insults. It is amusing though watching you TRY...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember that talk we had about this being a message board and nothing of consequence occurring here?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

Remember that talk we had about this being a message board and nothing of consequence occurring here?

Sorry but your posts here are extremely forgettable due to their total lack of worthy content. :rolleyes: