What Happens If The Eagles Destroy Us?

demburds

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been a falcon fan since 1985, and ill say this.i really dont care what anyone elese thinks about ykw.i will not cut you if you still may like him that is your choice,but IF you call your self a falcon fan you should be cheering for matty he is our qb and the leader of our team if you cant put your heart into your team then you should not call your self a fan of that taem

Dark days already here, no way Falcons make it to playoffs! Everything was gambled away on Jones for an "Explosive Offense" that we all found out Ryan is incapable of handling,

Edited by Big A

If the Falcons get trashed Sunday evening, you'll hardly hear a ripple from the organization. Smith will say something to the effect of "we still have a few areas to work on," BVG will probably let slip that the defense wasn't quite as jittery, but some were still on their period and forgot to take their Mydol before the game got going, etc., etc. Some of the more sympathetic sports writers will mention that Babs and HD were hurt, so-and-so player was banged up, etc. and life will go on.

How the fans will feel and what their reactions will be are, of course, a very different story. They will feel duped, betrayed, embarrassed to be shown up by a hated team quarter-backed by a hated ex-patriot and coached by the evil genius Jabba the Reid.

So another loss, especially a lop-sided one, would just pour jet fuel on an already inflamed Falcon nation. The result would be serious melt-down among the nay-sayers and serious doubts would begin to grow even among the most die-hard True Believers.

Edited by PokerSteve

We'll just be embarrassed on national TV.

Everyone will be on the hot seat.

These boards will be down Sunday night/ Monday and then full of trolls

And my favorite will be the national perception of how Atlanta is a horrible sports town and ALL the people here are idiots because they cheer when the home team loses.

Edited by Sun Tzu 7

If we lose then we will be 0-2 and play next week

^This. I'll be angry that we lost. I'll avoid the media for a week. I'll avoid this board for a week. I'll mumble and groan and growl and kick dirt. Then, I'll get over it. I'll root for the Falcons to finish the rest of the season strongly.

The end. 1 game of 16. No more no less except in peoples minds. In my mind - it's worse losing to the Saints. That's a fact.

What are the realistic ramifications of a dominant MVP type of performance from Vick with half the stadium cheering for him? Will it demoralize the organization to the point of no return?

If we dont finally close the book on Vick era Sunday night, I fear dark days ahead.

I don't know but I have a sinking feeling about the same thing. If that happens, queue fade to Black by Metallica. That would be an appropriate song to sum up my feelings in that scenario. Then again, I have a tendency to be overly dramatic and fatalistic. Just the way I'm wired. Maybe things will be ok and they could still right the ship. Or, maybe they'll win on Sunday night. Fingers crossed.

What are the realistic ramifications of a dominant MVP type of performance from Vick with half the stadium cheering for him? Will it demoralize the organization to the point of no return?

If we dont finally close the book on Vick era Sunday night, I fear dark days ahead.

If the Eagirls destroy the Falcons, I suspect you'll be happier than a pig in slop. What else do you have on which to base your fandom?

I worry more about the fan base melting down than the team. I think a blow out is very far fetched.

I hate losing and I hate losing to the Eagles. That will make me angry. However, I have been a doubter for the past three sesaon. Coming into this year I have finally accepted the fact that this is a different organzaiton than i rooted for form 1970-2007.

None of the old rules apply. You don't get the obligatory let down against poor or average teams. You don't chalk up a L when your trailing in the fourth quarter.

This team still has room to grow. They will struggle to make the playoffs if Sanders and Hayden don't work out by week 6 or so. I anticipated a slow start to this season just based on the opponents and the youth we have at some key positions. I have every expectation that this is a team that could beat anyone in week 1, and has every possibility of improving every week between now and February.

This isn't the same ole Falcons. For 3 years I've looked over my shoulder wondering when the same ole Falcons will show up. I finally realize that team is dead. This new team is a consistent winner. It will win in buckets. It could lose any given week, but there are plenty of wins in the immediate and long term future.

I worry more about the fan base melting down than the team. I think a blow out is very far fetched.

I hate losing and I hate losing to the Eagles. That will make me angry. However, I have been a doubter for the past three sesaon. Coming into this year I have finally accepted the fact that this is a different organzaiton than i rooted for form 1970-2007.

Really? Cause it would be the 3rd year in a row........I don't see how it is remotely far fetched.

I'd put the chances of it at about 30%.

If the Falcons fall behind early and have to abandoned the run game, this one us going to be uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly.

Although, I highly doubt that any of what you're fearing is going to happen, I don't know about you or everybody else, but I'll still be a Falcons fan regardless of the outcome.

I honestly only respect the CB's. No other part of the defense really scares me. Its that uber fast offense and the sure hands of Celek that I don't like.

Well their DEs are pretty good too. It's the middle of the defense that is soft, which is why we are going to see a heavy dose of Turner.

I am glad he only had 10 carries last week, he should be fresh.