Real Falcon Fans

gkgrimes

I hear on the radio and all around me how people say they are Falcon fans but they are also YKW fans. My thing is, what happens when the two teams play. You gonna cheer for YKW to beat YOUR "alledged" team. Or are you gonna yell and scream for your team to win an important game. Is it possible to do both? In my eyes its a simple answer. You dont play for MY team, you DONT get my support when you play MY team. Now, I do like other NFL players for what they do on the field, but in no way do I want them to succeed against MY team and keep us that much further from where I want us to be. So I ask, to all you YKW fans who are gonna scream for him to succeed Sunday and wear your #7 jesery. Do me a favor, go get another #7 thats green and leave the Black and Red to REAL Falcon fans. You dont deserve to wear that jersey, unless thats all you can afford.

GO FALCONS.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real fans will also do everything they can to make sure the real fans drown out the stupid YKW numb nutts. It better not be the vick fans who are the loudest. I just got tickets im flying in baby. I might take a shot at getting on the field just so i can lay a hit on him myself. Regardless if Im anywhere near a Tick fan i will ensure they are not as loud.

agree completely... i have nothing against Vick now and i have no problem with him being succesful, but as a Falcons fan i cannot cheer for anyone as they are playing against our team... no matter who. i wish him the best of luck in all his games against any other team than us, but when he plays us, i wish for bad decisions, and interceptions all over the place.

If you're a true fan of the Falcons, you should cheer for them at all times... i don't care who you cheer for on the side, as long as you don't cheer for them when they play us. cause then we'd be the side team, and you wouldn't be a true fan. nothing wrong with that though, just don't call yourself one in that case ;)

Lots of people are fans of Vick, but not fans of Falcons football. I guess that's hip in some circles.

Yeah,

There are going to be people at this game that NEVER go to any games.

2 years ago I was disgusted with number of 'fans' that sold/gave away their tickets to people there for Vick.

I don't mind people that cheer for the other team are in the Dome.... I just hate it when they have better seats than me... Hopefully that won't happen this year but we'll see.

I always dread when we play The Eagles and not because of how good they are but the media circus about someone who hasn't played for us since 2006. When Vick was in vogue all you could see in the dome or on the streets in Atlanta was someone proudly wearing his jersey (I wanted to be different and bought a DeAngelo Hall jersey :ph34r: ) and cheering on his athletic feats on the field. After he signed with Philly I washed my hands of him but, still wished him well unless he played us and now the time has come for the real fans of this team to support our guys on the field. We simply cannot have the same sad spectacle that happened here in 2009 to rear it's ugly head again and must exorcise this issue once and for all with a Falcons victory this Sunday night.

Not to mention the more they win the more it hurts our playoff chances so why any Falcon fan would root for him in any football capacity is crazy but I have a strong opinion that those cheers aren't just because of the football player and has a lot to do with race...

Works both ways. A lot of folks would have gotten over it already if he wasn't black.

Works both ways. A lot of folks would have gotten over it already if he wasn't black.

BULLSH&T!!!

The REASON some people aren't over it is because even now, Vick throws it in our faces as Falcons' TEAM and Organization fans, that he crapp3d all over us for all those years, took the biggest $$$ ever-to-date, acted atrociously, and has resumed being his own apologist while saying that the Falcons' somehow did HIM wrong and he is motivated to pay US back. The icing on the cake is the memory of Reid putting him in the game in '09 that was already well in hand and purposely allowing Vick to run up the score in the Dome. *probably the only thing Reid has ever done worse than that was how he parented his children.

lord i am tired of hearing about what "real falcon fans" should do. "real falcon fans know we are going to the super bowl". " real falcons fan have blind faith in td". real falcons fans this, real falcon fans that..............lord it gets old.

thats because you dont know what a "real" fan is. a REAL fan supports their team no matter what. a "real" fan defends their team to anyone. a "real" fan backs their team in good times as well a bad. a fan like you, tries to make real fans not do that. so fans like you are more than welcome to go follow another message board. I hear the underwater basket weavers of america could use some support, why not start there.

I just look at it like this. If you are coming to the dome wearing a Vick jersey on Sunday, but claim the you're a Falcons fan on Monday there is something wrong with this picture. If you really feel that way, simply say, "I do not like the Atlanta Falcons. I am not a fan." No harm, no foul, and I understand since everyone isn't a fan of this team. I just can't understand how I can say I am a fan of a team yet root for ANYONE to be successful against them. I don't get it.

thats because you dont know what a "real" fan is. a REAL fan supports their team no matter what. a "real" fan defends their team to anyone. a "real" fan backs their team in good times as well a bad. a fan like you, tries to make real fans not do that. so fans like you are more than welcome to go follow another message board. I hear the underwater basket weavers of america could use some support, why not start there.

i have been a fan of this team for 20 years thank you. i have seen the good and the bad and i m still here.

i have been a fan of this team for 20 years thank you. i have seen the good and the bad and i m still here.

I hit 20 years 15 years ago. so if you are such a fan like you claim to be, then this should upset you and make you defend them even more. instead of saying you are tired of hearing what real fans are and what real fans should do, you should be tired of the bandwagon riders that jump up and down jacking up your axel. supporting your fellow fans requires just as much as supporting your team.

Edited by gkgrimes

I hit 20 years 15 years ago. so if you are such a fan like you claim to be, then this should upset you and make you defend them even more. instead of saying you are tired of hearing what real fans are and what real fans should do, you should be tired of the bandwagon riders that jump up and down jacking up your axel. supporting your fellow fans requires just as much as supporting your team.

because i am tired of people trying to tell others how they should act or what they should do if they are a supposed "real fans". i could care less how others act because of the simple realization that people are free to make their own choices. so i don t waste my time or breathe on telling others what they should do. people are free to support a team however they like, if you don t like, well sucks for you. but acting like you get a prize for being a "real" fan as you so put it, you are only fooling yourself.