Usa Today - This Guy Gets It

Peyton

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it was bad but dang Atlanta loves Vick. Yea it's pretty bad down there, I was a Vick fan in Philly but not anything like that. Vick has totally made us forget about Mcnabb seems like down here but if he doesn't fufill his potential..he will get ousted just like Mcnabb but good thing he seems dedicated to do that.

But Atlanta....man oh man even with a up and coming "possible potential" elite qb, they're heart belongs to Vick

I can see it, it's like having that fine girlfriend, that was a complete a-hole and you guys break up and see each other down the line and she's not only still extra hot but has honed her personality and became the perfect girl.......................................................................for somebody else and it just stings because it's killing you that she while she loved you, and you probably will hold a special place somewhere in her heart, it was just never the way you loved her....and this next guy is about to reap all the benefits that you begged to get.

I almost feel bad for Atlanta.................................but no offense, I still want a blow out walking out of there with a 2-0 record.

Edited by Eaglesfansince80

I knew it was bad but dang Atlanta loves Vick. Yea it's pretty bad down there, I was a Vick fan in Philly but not anything like that. Vick has totally made us forget about Mcnabb seems like down here but if he doesn't fufill his potential..he will get ousted just like Mcnabb but good thing he seems dedicated to do that.

But Atlanta....man oh man even with a up and coming "possible potential" elite qb, they're heart belongs to Vick

I can see it, it's like having that fine girlfriend, that was a complete a-hole and you guys break up and see each other down the line and she's not only still extra hot but has honed her personality and became the perfect girl.......................................................................for somebody else and it just stings because it's killing you that she while she loved you, and you probably will hold a special place somewhere in her heart, it was just never the way you loved her....and this next guy is about to reap all the benefits that you begged to get.

I almost feel bad for Atlanta.................................but no offense, I still want a blow out walking out of there with a 2-0 record.

Not everyone loves Vick and the ones that do ARE NOT FALCON FANS they are Vick fans and always have been .

They can all go to hades as far as Im concerned

Can you be mad at them? We have never had many real fans in the first place. It wasn't "Oh, I am a Falcons fan and am so happy we just drafted Vick". It was "Oh Vick is GOOD and he plays for the hometown team, I'm gonna root for him... and the Falcons I guess"

People still feel like we did him wrong because we cut him. They don't think Vick can do any wrong.

Can you be mad at them? We have never had many real fans in the first place. It wasn't "Oh, I am a Falcons fan and am so happy we just drafted Vick". It was "Oh Vick is GOOD and he plays for the hometown team, I'm gonna root for him... and the Falcons I guess"

People still feel like we did him wrong because we cut him. They don't think Vick can do any wrong.

Personally, I'm not mad at them. I do wisht they would buy Eagles jerseys though.

I am hopeful that Matt Ryan and the Falcons can earn their respect by beating the Eagles down Sunday night.

Real talk that's not it. It was never fashionable to be a "mobile QB' when Vick was in ATL. Now its all the rage. Broussard and Bayless were dead honest and right by saying there is a "racial issue" involved in all this.

Vick hurt this franchise w/o question, but the racial component when MV was a player here still has its ghost haunting the Dome. Its unfair to MR because he had no part in any of it, but he has to embrace the situation...it is what it is. Hate saying that.

I do agree that it is racial as well. Being black, a lot of my friends were Vick fans. I was too. But once Vick was sent to jail, they automatically used the "see, the man is always out to get us" excuse. They didn't see how Vick turned his back on the franchise. Vick gave them inspiration. Once he was ousted, they felt the franchise took their only hope away and tried to replace him with the great white hype of Ryan.

They were fine with it, until Vick came back from jail. They saw it as an opportunity to give him not only a second chance in the NFL, but perched back on his throne in Atlanta, despite a very good QB currently manning the throne. It's not about the Falcons for them. It's about bringing back the reason they rooted for the Falcons. It is a disproportionate amount of Vick jerseys in the black community because of their faith to Vick. Jerseys aren't the cheapest things. So for them to investment in buying one, it has to be a player that you will follow forever. That is what they are doing. They pledged their loyalty to Vick, not the Falcons.

Not everyone loves Vick and the ones that do ARE NOT FALCON FANS they are Vick fans and always have been . They can all go to hades as far as Im concerned

Comments like these are REALLY getting old. Contrary to popular belief, it IS POSSIBLE to be a fan of the home team and route for a player from another...people makes this more complicated than it really has to be. And, for the record, I want NOTHING less than a FALCONS victory come Sunday night...won't be cheering Vick in the process either...

Here's a thought:

What if we lose Sunday but meet them in the NFCCG in the Dome and beat them on route to a Lombardi? Would that be better? No? Thought not. Let's beat these suckas right now!

Well....that would work, but why count on that, let's get it out of the way now lol.

Ryan can erase the memory of Vick by bring a SB to Atlanta. It starts this Sunday night. Vick is playing better as an Eagle, but he is still the same QB that if you get on him early he done for the game. We have to make him fumble, because he still carries the ball like a loaf of bread. He still can't read defense that well, so we need to mix up our coverage. Matt will play better, because we are at home. Our team was flat last week, because it was an hostile environment, but we are now back at the Dome. Let's Go Matt.

Not everyone loves Vick and the ones that do ARE NOT FALCON FANS they are Vick fans and always have been . They can all go to hades as far as Im concerned

I think you can still like Vick as a player, and be a Falcon fan at the same time. The fans that are just Vick fans will be the ones donning his jersey at the Dome Sunday night and cheering for him every time he completes a pass. I personally will never forgive him for what he did to this franchise, but I loved watching him play while he was here.

I do agree that it is racial as well. Being black, a lot of my friends were Vick fans. I was too. But once Vick was sent to jail, they automatically used the "see, the man is always out to get us" excuse. They didn't see how Vick turned his back on the franchise. Vick gave them inspiration. Once he was ousted, they felt the franchise took their only hope away and tried to replace him with the great white hype of Ryan.

They were fine with it, until Vick came back from jail. They saw it as an opportunity to give him not only a second chance in the NFL, but perched back on his throne in Atlanta, despite a very good QB currently manning the throne. It's not about the Falcons for them. It's about bringing back the reason they rooted for the Falcons. It is a disproportionate amount of Vick jerseys in the black community because of their faith to Vick. Jerseys aren't the cheapest things. So for them to investment in buying one, it has to be a player that you will follow forever. That is what they are doing. They pledged their loyalty to Vick, not the Falcons.

I agree with your reply, but still think the aspect of a "mobile QB" in chic now in the NFL was downplayed(stereotyped)...in respect to MV7 ATL. Brothers barely investing in a MV7 jersey were not at the Dome in 2009. Its not just the less fortunate brothers that get this.

I want a win, and still feel the humilation from 2009 with the crowd chanting for YKW.

I do agree that it is racial as well. Being black, a lot of my friends were Vick fans. I was too. But once Vick was sent to jail, they automatically used the "see, the man is always out to get us" excuse. They didn't see how Vick turned his back on the franchise. Vick gave them inspiration. Once he was ousted, they felt the franchise took their only hope away and tried to replace him with the great white hype of Ryan. They were fine with it, until Vick came back from jail. They saw it as an opportunity to give him not only a second chance in the NFL, but perched back on his throne in Atlanta, despite a very good QB currently manning the throne. It's not about the Falcons for them. It's about bringing back the reason they rooted for the Falcons. It is a disproportionate amount of Vick jerseys in the black community because of their faith to Vick. Jerseys aren't the cheapest things. So for them to investment in buying one, it has to be a player that you will follow forever. That is what they are doing. They pledged their loyalty to Vick, not the Falcons.

Great analysis. Anyone who think that there's NOT a racial element behind this whole Vick fiasco is out of touch.

I honestly believe there are some white fans who DO understand the racial dynamic at play here...but, there are still many who will never understand it. I'm afraid it will take a history lesson on race relations (particularly in the South) for some to fully comprehend "WHY" some folks, mainly blacks, still support Vick...it's not as cut and dry as it may appear to be at the surface.

Edited by BirdzEyeView

Comments like these are REALLY getting old. Contrary to popular belief, it IS POSSIBLE to be a fan of the home team and route for a player from another...people makes this more complicated than it really has to be.

right? I'd be happy for Brian Finneran if he were doing well with another team, would that make me not be a true falcons fan?

Sick and tired of hearing "if you're a Vick fan, you're not a Falcons fan". It's getting old. Don't sit there and tell me what I am and what I'm not. The man made a mistake, and he paid for it. Some of you act like you're "perfect" but the same broke MF'ers don't know what it's like to be in the position he was. Yes, having A LOT of money makes some people act stupid, at the same time, sometimes you have to fall on hard times to get your life back on track. I AM a Vick fan, but not when it comes to directly impacting the Falcons. If the Eagles needed to lose a game to the Cowboys (who I hate) in order for the Falcons to make the playoffs..... I'm routing against Vick. But I wish him well otherwise and am amazed at how he's become so much more of a weapon at the QB position

As a long time fan, I will just be glad when this game is over. I hope we win but I just want it over. The national media is makeing a big deal out of this. The Falcons did nothing to MV and he has said this is business .....not personal. We will discuss this for as long as he plays. Maybe after he retires we can have some peace. I was a fan when he was with us,,,,,but now he is just another player from an opposing team, nothing more.

It's like this: I asked a friend of mine how he felt when Jordan came back to the United Center. Jordan MADE that franchise more than Vick did this one. They loved him more than we loved Vick, yet they didn't want to see him win against the Bulls because they loved the Bulls as much as Jordan. The same can't be said for most of the Vick fans because they weren't Falcons Fans.

I wish no ill will on mv7. I hope that he is successful and I was glad that he got a second opportunity at the NFL and a big new contract. However, when he plays my team, THE ATLANTA FALCONS, I hope he throws 6 ints and fumbles the ball 4 times. I really liked him when he wore red and black and was as big of a fan as anybody else but he's not here anymore. What I can't stand is the guys that continually compare him and Matt Ryan, Vick is gone and will never play for this organization again no matter how many fans trade their entire "madden" draft for him. Root for him if you like but if you prefer him to win in our dome against OUR ATLANTA FALCONS, then you are not a fan of this team so you should buy an eagles #7 jersey. RISE UP and get behind this team or GET OUT!