Falcons Must Be On The Attack!

deathonwings369

I agree with that article 100%. There is no promise he won't burn you even if you make him uncomfortable. However, the Eagles are a well coached team. If you can get the offensive captain playing outside the game plan your victory chances are greatly enhanced.

I had much rather take my chances going after the man than sitting back and letting him dictate the game to us. If he beats you once, you pin your ears back and go even harder on the next blitz.

I agree with that article 100%. There is no promise he won't burn you even if you make him uncomfortable. However, the Eagles are a well coached team. If you can get the offensive captain playing outside the game plan your victory chances are greatly enhanced.

I had much rather take my chances going after the man than sitting back and letting him dictate the game to us. If he beats you once, you pin your ears back and go even harder on the next blitz.

if we play BVG patty cake dfense we might be in for a rough night. or rely on our offense for a shootout.

do yall expect more of the same from this defense or will BVG implement a more agressive gameplan?

Chicago looked like the Green Bay game...if he didnt get aggressive after that azz whipping; whats going to make him suddenly start kicking azz..if they weren't motivated already? I'm just hoping to see their punter every once in awhile. Soft zones. Soft zones. We were the 22d ranked pass D last year. Trend?

if i was BVG i would be analzing all vick v bucs game film. -_-

As average as I think BVG is as a coordinator I'm sure he's not stupid enough to look back at tapes of a Greg Knapp led offense and think thats anywhere near what hes going to be facing this sunday. When you get back from La La Land let me know how it was.

Well back then Vick didn't have nearly as many weapons as he does now so defending the Falcons was a lot easier.. With the Eagles you have to account for every single player on the field, McCoy, Maclin, Jackson, Celek and Smith and that's where the challenge comes in.. It's a tall task and I'm not sure if our defense can get it done but I do expect the guys to come out fired up and ready to play. Who knows, the Falcons might shock the world and stun the Eagles which I'd love to see.

I read an inreresting piece on Fox sports yesterday evening by John Lynch, the former safery for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Denver Broncos, and he brough out two important thisngs that the Falcons must do as they get ready to face the Eagles. He said: 1. The Falcons must constantly attack Mike Vick and the rest of the Eagles offense. He said that Derrick Brooks the former great at linebacker shaodwed Vick while he played for the Falcons. Of course it could be argued that Vick was at or near the beginning of his career being pretty much still inexperienced as an NFL quarterback, and now it seems that he is at the top of his game. 2. He said that the Falcons defense must have its manhood challenged in order to prove to themselves who they are. Why haven't the coaches, epecially Mike Smith. done this? Shouldn't this have been from the very start since training camp began? The challenging of the manhood of the defense should not just be for one game alone. It should be for every game that is to be played every week. The Falcons defense should be in the attack mode in every game no matter who the opponent is both constantly and consistently, bringing relentless pressure to any offense to for such an offense ino making turnovers. They can be ranked among the elite teams in the NFL and can garner greater respect throughout the league

Well back then Vick didn't have nearly as many weapons as he does now so defending the Falcons was a lot easier.. With the Eagles you have to account for every single player on the field, McCoy, Maclin, Jackson, Celek and Smith and that's where the challenge comes in.. It's a tall task and I'm not sure if our defense can get it done but I do expect the guys to come out fired up and ready to play. Who knows, the Falcons might shock the world and stun the Eagles which I'd love to see.

Not to mention we don't have Monte Kiffen style defensive players either, the only parallels would be Abe and Rice. Everybody's talking about Vick and Jackson but Shady McCoy is the one that I'm especially concerned about. The thing about the Eagles is they spread you out an make you defend every blade of grass, last week the Eagles broke St. Louis's back with Vick running and converting one 3rd down after another against the blitz. This game will be won in trenches by the interior line and the pressure they can get up the middle, and making Vick roll out to where there will at least be help, but you have to make tackles and not take bad angles.