Any Extensive Support Of Vick Will Be Ryan's Fault

demburds

As gracious as Vick has been in interviews, the fact remains it's still his house until Matt Ryan takes us higher up the mountain than he did. Matt Ryan hasnt taken this franchise anywhere Vick hasnt. Bring up the back-to-back winning seasons if you want, but we all know Vick would have accomplished that in 2003 if he didnt get hurt. Matt Ryan has more weapons than Vick ever came close to having while he was here and all he has to show for it is zero playoff victories and a busted #1 seed.

If Matt Ryan never gets the love and support of this city the way Vick did he will have no one to blame but himself.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick was the first black QB drafted #1. He was a role model. He led this team out of mediocrity with his play.

Ryan's done the same, but he isn't the same sort of role model. The media is asking questions because the media loves a controversy. If there isn't one, they'll make one up.

Understanding is fundamental.

Vick was the first black QB drafted #1. He was a role model. He led this team out of mediocrity with his play.

Ryan's done the same, but he isn't the same sort of role model. The media is asking questions because the media loves a controversy. If there isn't one, they'll make one up.

Understanding is fundamental.

Did you not see how the fans reacted the last time Vick was here? The media is not making anything up.

As gracious as Vick has been in interviews, the fact remains it's still his house until Matt Ryan takes us higher up the mountain than he did. Matt Ryan hasnt taken this franchise anywhere Vick hasnt. Bring up the back-to-back winning seasons if you want, but we all know Vick would have accomplished that in 2003 if he didnt get hurt. Matt Ryan has more weapons than Vick ever came close to having while he was here and all he has to show for it is zero playoff victories and a busted #1 seed.

If Matt Ryan never gets the love and support of this city the way Vick did he will have no one to blame but himself.

theres plenty of ryan support from this fanbase. its cool to like mike and all dont get me wrong but to allude that vick would have changed his ways as far as being a student of the game and not relying on God given talent alone if he was still here is a stretch. If vick hadnt gotten in trouble with the law he would still be the sub 3000 sub 60 percent completion qb who couldnt read a dfense to save his life.

Did you not see how the fans reacted the last time Vick was here? The media is not making anything up.

I saw how the fan's responded...they were TRADERS!!! Do you Vick folks not read ANY of the latest interview with him? He wished he was drafted with the Eagles, admitted to not caring or doing his homework here {watch film, ect} He was a PUNK and has COMPLETELY Dissed on The Falcons.

I am not taking away the fact Vick was on fire last yr, or that he seem's to be doing good so far this year. That being said..he is NOT a falcon, was never really dedicated to us, and didn't care about the Falcons when he was here!!

So you so called Falcons fan's go ahead and wear your Falcons #7 shirts and cheer him on..you are pathetic, a disgrace to our City and are NOT a true fan of our team!!

Observing the various opinions being shared on these boards about Michael Vick is a really great case study in human nature, I think, and how a person, for whatever reason, can become emotionally attached to someone they don't even know. It's interesting to see how, even after the passing of a few years, people still act as if they have a vested interest in Vick, to one extent or another, and one can't help but wonder if those people will ever be able to detach themselves from the value they've placed on him. The degree to which that is so will be evident come next Sunday night against the Philadelphia Eagles.

I've always been interested in human nature and why, as human beings, we sometimes do the things we do. All week, I've been sitting in the background reading all the Vick-related discussions that have been going on, and the level of interest in this one person, for better or worse, is amazing to watch. I mean, to think that people who call themselves fans of a "team" could find it within themselves to wish well of one of the opposing players is, for me anyway, puzzling. Talk about strange bedfellows. The ability for some people to separate their allegiance between a team and a person, is amazing. Case in point, I remember a few seasons back when the Falcons played the Cowboys at the Dome, a so-called "Falcons fan" who sat directly in front of me in section 345 row 13, and who week after week could be counted on to wear her Falcons gear and come close to losing her voice cheering for them, actually wore a Dallas Cowboys jersey to the game and rooted against the Falcons. I asked her, "How can you do that?", and her response was, "I love my Falcons, but I'm a Cowboys fan first." I was like, "What the...?!"

Until now, I haven't chimed in on the Eagles/Falcons game from the standpoint of Vick's return (again) to Atlanta and the Georgia Dome. I'm more interested in the game in general than in the influence or impact of a single player. That said, however, I, personally, would find it difficult to call myself a fan of the Atlanta Falcons, and yet, at the same time, proffer a rationale for why it would be okay to root for the player who, just because he used to play for the Falcons, might just end up making the plays that will bring defeat to the team you "say" is your team. Thousands of fans will apply that "loophole" next Sunday night at the Georgia Dome, even if it means their "beloved" Falcons leave the stadium with an 0-2 record.

But, to me, you're either a fan of the Falcons or you're not. There are no loopholes.

Where exactly did Vick take us that actually has sentimental meaning behind it? Nobody remembers or cares that he got us to the NFC championship game once and that he had to beat an 8-8 Rams team to get there. Here's what I remember about Vick, inconsistency, inability to read defenses, an entertainer rather than a quarterback. Does anyone remember that in Vick's final two seasons here, that the team went 15-17 and missed the playoffs back to back years? And that people were actually starting to call for Schaub to be the new man behind center? Vick DOES NOT own the Georgia Dome, he didn't win multiple super bowls. He took us to the playoffs TWICE in 5 years. Ryan has done it that many times in only 3 years. Ryan doesn't get the support and love the way Vick did because Vick was full of hype, and he was fun to watch and he was the talk of the NFL. He had more excitement behind him than Ryan does. That doesn't mean that Ryan is the worse quarterback. Vick has never and will never quarterback a team to a championship. Ryan will.

This "lack of weapon" BS really annoys me. Mike Vick couldn't do anything with the talent around him, whether it was the 05 Falcons or the 07 Patriots. Who's to say Matt Ryan couldn't get anything out of Peerless Price, Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn? He sure as **** made the 2006, 2007 OL look a **** of a lot better in 2008. Roddy had 1 good year before 2008, and Turner was career back up to that point. What a lazy, garbage, revisionist argument. Mike Vick wasn't successful because he was an entitled, psychotic, herpes ridden, dog-fighting punk, who never gave it his all. He was great at feasting on cupcakes, but never did his homework, and didn't have enough respect for his teammates to use the amazing talent he had to the fullest. Michael Vick robbed me, and all of you of a potential Championship. #@&% HIM.

At least when Matt Ryan gets beat, it's by prolific offenses with ingenious minds scheming on the other side. Mike Vick just quits, and gets beat by teams playing the single wing with no QB the entire game.

Pathetic. I heard Mike Bell say Matt Ryan "wasn't as impressive" on 790 today. I'll take Matty Ice in the 2 minute drill any day over Michael Vick. We don't know how good we have it with Matt Ryan and it's disgusting. What a garbage fan base we have.

This "lack of weapon" BS really annoys me. Mike Vick couldn't do anything with the talent around him, whether it was the 05 Falcons or the 07 Patriots. Who's to say Matt Ryan couldn't get anything out of Peerless Price, Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn? He sure as **** made the 2006, 2007 OL look a **** of a lot better in 2008. Roddy had 1 good year before 2008, and Turner was career back up to that point. What a lazy, garbage, revisionist argument. Mike Vick wasn't successful because he was an entitled, psychotic, herpes ridden, dog-fighting punk, who never gave it his all. He was great at feasting on cupcakes, but never did his homework, and didn't have enough respect for his teammates to use the amazing talent he had to the fullest. Michael Vick robbed me, and all of you of a potential Championship. #@&% HIM.

At least when Matt Ryan gets beat, it's by prolific offenses with ingenious minds scheming on the other side. Mike Vick just quits, and gets beat by teams playing the single wing with no QB the entire game.

Pathetic. I heard Mike Bell say Matt Ryan "wasn't as impressive" on 790 today. I'll take Matty Ice in the 2 minute drill any day over Michael Vick. We don't know how good we have it with Matt Ryan and it's disgusting. What a garbage fan base we have.

Vick even admitted that he didn't try when he was here. It shocks me that many "falcon fans" disregard that and still want him back on this team over Ryan. I personally feel that Vick had just as much talent on the 2004 and 2005 rosters than Ryan has had over his 3 years here. IMO, Vick was the liability in many cases. He just blinded people by his amazing athleticism where he would wow everyone with this great run, but people would forget that he would go 11-28 with 2 interceptions at the same time.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Vick even admitted that he didn't try when he was here. It shocks me that many "falcon fans" disregard that and still want him back on this team over Ryan. I personally feel that Vick had just as much talent on the 2004 and 2005 rosters than Ryan has had over his 3 years here. IMO, Vick was the liability in many cases. He just blinded people by his amazing athleticism where he would wow everyone with this great run, but people would forget that he would go 11-28 with 2 interceptions at the same time.

Dead on. The fact is, Vick hasn't really been all that since the Redskins game. He's slowly falling back into his old habits. The media is as blind now as they were when he was here.

1. First of all THIS IS THE FALCONS HOUSE not a individual players house (I don't ever recall Vick or any other former player paying the dome's lease)

2. Vick would have struggled in 2003 for three reasons. 1. Opponents had a year of film on him (If you are a Falcons fan for more than three years maybe you remember how effective teams were against him by assigning a player to cover him as a spy) 2. True Mike didn't have as many weapons but he NEVER LED BY EXAMPLE AND MADE THEM BETTER PLAYERS like The Tom Brady and Peyton Manning did by holding workouts with their receivers to improve their timing and 3. Mike relied solely on his Athleticism. Vick avoided viewing film (Or sleeping watching it) while he was here and relied mostly on his God given athleticism on Sunday's and it showed in his lackluster performances in key games (Ronde Barber called him the dumbest QB in the league one time due to his lack of picking up blitzes)

3. Matt will win his share of Playoff games soon enough due to his diligence in the film room, His leadership and respect from his peers, and his unflappable demeanor when things are not going right (I loved how he refused to take a play off after being drilled by Julius Peppers and another defender and was right back in the huddle encouraging his teammates as a TRUE LEADER should do).

Some people will love and support Michael Vick no matter where or who he plays with but, I'm happy that we have someone behind center that represents us proudly whether we fully support him or not.