Gentlemen & Ladies---Sunday Will A Defining Moment For This Falcon Team

Nono

I have listened to the media hype and Michael Vick interviews all week and I well aware of what Philly brings, but for some reason I think Sunday night will be a great moment for this Falcon team and coaching staff. I know the odds are against us giving history, but I feel like we are backed into a corner especially after last week and we are going to bring some swagger. We are not going 0-2 even if it is the Eagles and Vick. We will win!

Call me a blind homer and a little dejected after last week, but I think we will prevail. It will be tough but we will play tougher and scratch out a victory!

I am guilty of dumping on our QB but maybe he needed a crap game himself to get motivated and will come out rise to the occasion and have a true Matty Ice game along with the rest of our team.

Edited by Nono

It's one of those games that will go extremely in one direction or the other.

If we win it will be one of if not THE biggest win in the history of the team and everything will be great.

If we lose it will be humiliating and everyone will be on the hot-seat.

On paper I don't think we have a chance but it must be the weather or something because I'm starting to get this feeling like we might have a shot....

I am new to responding on this board. I have been watching it for a few years now and never wanted to get on it but what i am seeing after one loss is absolutely making me sick. We need to satnd up and be FANS of our TEAM reguardless. I have been a fan for years and will be a fan for years to come. I am a season ticket holder and love the Falcons.

The Falcons can win any game against any team on any Sunday. We as fans and those of us that will be at the game must CHEER our team to victory. Last Sunday was a bad day in my house things were flying bad words were flowing I cant help it i get very emotional about this team. Honeslty i hate to see any of our fans make comments like we cant win we are done. As much as I would hate our season not be what we all want the bottom line no matter what I will stand behind my team and cheer for them each and every week like I have for so many years.

Is there things or players that we disagree with yes there always will be but if we had won on Sunday not one person would have been bashing them like they are not worthy to play in the NFL.

I agree some changes need to happen and they have been happening all along. We are clsoer than we have ever been to having a succesfull champion caliber team. Lets all RISE UP FALCONS FANS and drown out any negative talk or vick cheers this sunday and help push our team from the stands. We need to be the twelth player and send our team to VICTORY.

Edited by Falcon fan 4 ever

2003 against the Spurrier lead Redskins.

We started strong but couldn't hold for the win. Wade Phillips system depends on having corners that can cover.

2003 against the Spurrier lead Redskins.

We started strong but couldn't hold for the win. Wade Phillips system depends on having corners that can cover.

I remember that game, we could of been 2-0, but we lost the lead and season

There will be many more games down the road in which there will be a "defining moment". Let us not forget about the Packers, Saints,Buccaneers,Panthers, Lions, Vikings,Colts, Texans, & Jaguars. If the Falcons are going to make a run to the playoffs, the NFC championship and the Super Bowl, they had better start defining themselves every week playing beyond their potential!

It's one of those games that will go extremely in one direction or the other.

If we win it will be one of if not THE biggest win in the history of the team and everything will be great.

If we lose it will be humiliating and everyone will be on the hot-seat.

On paper I don't think we have a chance but it must be the weather or something because I'm starting to get this feeling like we might have a shot....

We definitely cannot play worst then what we showcased v/s fudgepackers / bears.

I'm confident about our chances this Sunday :) . The Eagles will try to come out the gates fast but, I see our defense keeping us in the game by limiting the big play down field. Our offense will come out fired up after being blanked by The Bears last week and our whole team will feed off the energy of the home crowd.

Win or lose, Sunday will not define this team. Trust me.

Yall boys still have way too many Vick issues.

Well....in a lot of ways it WILL be a defining moment. High expectations this season. We keep saying we're elite....what better way to prove it on a national stage like Sunday night....this in SO many ways will be the biggest game of the season. 0-2 teams only make the playoffs 13% of the time. This game won't mean the season.....but it is one of this regime's defining moments....Vick or no Vick.

Well....in a lot of ways it WILL be a defining moment. High expectations this season. We keep saying we're elite....what better way to prove it on a national stage like Sunday night....this in SO many ways will be the biggest game of the season. 0-2 teams only make the playoffs 13% of the time. This game won't mean the season.....but it is one of this regime's defining moments....Vick or no Vick.

We lost our opening game to the Steelers last year. Was the second game against ARI a defining moment?

HAIL NAW!!!!

Yall boys got Vick issues and need to RISE a little bit higher.

There will be many more games down the road in which there will be a "defining moment". Let us not forget about the Packers, Saints,Buccaneers,Panthers, Lions, Vikings,Colts, Texans, & Jaguars. If the Falcons are going to make a run to the playoffs, the NFC championship and the Super Bowl, they had better start defining themselves every week playing beyond their potential!

you mean playing up to their potential?

Win or lose, Sunday will not define this team. Trust me.

Yall boys still have way too many Vick issues.

This is not "just another game, there's 14 more to play, yada, yada, yada...." it might be early in the season, but it's against a heated rival on national tv with M. Vick leading the enemy offense.

While Sunday evening's game won't define this Falcons team, another pathertic team-wide performance will certainly expose them as over-hyped, poorly coached and in need of better talent in the critical skill positions. Pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone expected to be the situation at this early stage of the season.