What If

deezyd

I think if Ryan comes out relaxed and stays poised, he can go for 300-350. Look at what he did to the Bears. He was driving and picking his spots well until the INT. That rattled him and he never recovered. We have never seen that happen before and I doubt it happens 2 weeks in a row. Nnamdi showed Sunday that he can be beat. Asanta is like Grimes and DRC may not play/won't be 100%. If HD plays, we will have a big advantage in the slot. MM needs to use his weapons like he did in preseason. Weems and Meier and Palmer were nowhere to be found.

I think he'll be doing well to get to 200 yards this week.

200?! Bradford went for 188 and would have eclipsed it if it weren't for Nnamdi getting a PI after getting burnt. You're hyping that defense up a little much and not giving the offense their credit.

200?! Bradford went for 188 and would have eclipsed it if it weren't for Nnamdi getting a PI after getting burnt. You're hyping that defense up a little much and not giving the offense their credit.

How bout this dude. Before last week, which the Falcons passed on something like the last 30 plays and never scored a TD, Matt Ryan had gone 7 straight games without going over 236 yards.

He also threw for less than 200 yards in 4 of those games.

The Saints held him to 149 yards in prime time at the end of last year.

I'm not giving the defense too much credit. In his last 8 games , several secondaries not even in the Eagles class have held Ryan under 200.

Besides that, it just isn't a winning gameplan in this game.

How bout this dude. Before last week, which the Falcons passed on something like the last 30 plays and never scored a TD, Matt Ryan had gone 7 straight games without going over 236 yards.

He also threw for less than 200 yards in 4 of those games.

The Saints held him to 149 yards in prime time at the end of last year.

I'm not giving the defense too much credit. In his last 8 games , several secondaries not even in the Eagles class have held Ryan under 200.

Besides that, it just isn't a winning gameplan in this game.

bingo!!!

But to barely scratch 200 yards in a "must-win" game. If that happens, we lose. This is going to be a fight and everybody is going to have to come to fight. If Ryan is held under 200 yards, then either the WRs aren't getting open or the OL isn't holding up. If either happens, the D is going to have to carry us. The four games he had under 200 yards were against CLE, GB, NO, and SEA. Outside of Seattle, the defense kept us in those games. Do you see them doing that this game? I don't see it. I want it to happen, but realistically, I see the defense being around their average with a little more fire than Sunday. Not many points allowed but won't be able to hold if they have to play more than 30 mins.

If we do what we need to do Turner will have close to 30 carries and over 150 yards and Ryan will have around 25 passes and around 200 yards passing. Anything other than that we lose. The one game that we need to play lame and grind it out on both the ground and the clock it would be this one.

Edited by Atl/0

But to barely scratch 200 yards in a "must-win" game. If that happens, we lose. This is going to be a fight and everybody is going to have to come to fight. If Ryan is held under 200 yards, then either the WRs aren't getting open or the OL isn't holding up. If either happens, the D is going to have to carry us. The four games he had under 200 yards were against CLE, GB, NO, and SEA. Outside of Seattle, the defense kept us in those games. Do you see them doing that this game? I don't see it. I want it to happen, but realistically, I see the defense being around their average with a little more fire than Sunday. Not many points allowed but won't be able to hold if they have to play more than 30 mins.

If the Falcons win this game, it will be very similiar to the win against GB last year. The Falcons play d*mn near perfect football and the defense catches a break or two against an explosive offense.

Matt Ryan had a great game, went 24 of 28. But guess what? He didn't get 200 yards in that game either.

This game the Falcons offense will be even more run heavy than that game. The Eagles are going to have a real bad problem stopping the run this year.

Yea he didn't get 200 yards but he kept the GB offense off the field which kept our defense rested and in better position to play good football. When they are rested, they are a good unit (shown by the hot start they had on Sunday). And he was 3 yards shy of 200 so I wouldn't use that as the best of excuses. They pounded the ball that game to run the clock and threw high % passes for first downs. I am fine with that if they can score points and the defense can keep the Eagles in check.

That is the key to all of Ryan's <200 yard games. The defense stepped up and played. Prime example is the Saints' game. They did the damnd thing that game and held the Saints to a net of 10 points but the offense only score 7 points. If that happens and Ryan has under 200 points, they don't win unless the defense turns into the Steel Curtain or 85 Bears.

Yes we will pound the rock and that sets up play action deep, but 21 points doesn't beat the Eagles. The only game they lost with the opposition scoring 21 points was to the Packers in the playoffs. Vs the Redskins, Vick was hurt and it went downhill from there. So no, 200 yards will not be enough unless Turner goes for 200 yards and 3 TDs by himself.

Ryan should get 200+ yards just from throwing to Turner, Rodgers, Snelling, Douglas, Weems, Meier, and Gonzalez in the middle of the field where their LBs are weak.

But that would never happen since Ryan is scared stiff throwing the ball anywhere inside the sidelines.

Edited by Vick to Julio

That PI call was bogus. The ball was uncatchable.

Turner need to have 30 carries or more in order for the Falcons to stay close. You can't depend on the passing game with those 3 probowl corners and 3 probowl DL attacking Ice cold.