How Vick Did In His First Game Of His 4Th Year

Dharma Initiative

13/22 (59%), 163 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 fumbles, rushed 6 times for 10 yards

And that was against a 49er's team that won 2 games all of that year. And we only beat them by 2 points, carried by possibly the top defense of 2004.

Wow, what a great job, I bet no one was complaining about that ugly perfomance

Edited by Dharma Initiative

And that was against a 49er's team that won 2 games all of that year. And we only beat them by 2 points, carried by possibly the top defense of 2004.

This was the year after the leg injury right?

This was the year after the leg injury right?

Yep, thew for 56%, 2300 yards, 16 TD's, 16 fumbles and 14 INT's, rush for 900 yards, and 3 more TD's

What other QB throws 56%, gets you 3200 yards, 16 fumbles, 19 TD's, and 14 INT's and everyone acts like he was the golden child?

What significance does this have on the 2011 season? Vick, if you haven't been watching has completely transformed himself as a quarterback who actually progresses through his reads before taking off, but doesn't hesitate if there's an opening.

It really has nothing to do with Vick. You're a Philly fan so you probably wouldn't understand the point of his this thread. It's more for the Falcon fans complaining about Ryan.

It really has nothing to do with Vick. You're a Philly fan so you probably wouldn't understand the point of his this thread. It's more for the Falcon fans complaining about Ryan.

I doubt if he's a Philly Fan. A real Philly Fan won't break their necks trying to defend Vick like that. They know what they got in him, and they know what his past was.

This was the same season (about midway thru) that I started calling for his head and Schaub to start. People lambasted me constantly and I told them that Vick could be better if he was not lazy. People were calling Vick lazy back then but most of his fans tuned it out. many people on this board defended him. I, for one, dogged him out (no pun intended) as much as I could and I reaped the constant blasting from people on this board as well as from my friends, family, and other Vick fans I knew.

This was the same season (about midway thru) that I started calling for his head and Schaub to start. People lambasted me constantly and I told them that Vick could be better if he was not lazy. People were calling Vick lazy back then but most of his fans tuned it out. many people on this board defended him. I, for one, dogged him out (no pun intended) as much as I could and I reaped the constant blasting from people on this board as well as from my friends, family, and other Vick fans I knew.

I was a big defender. It's sad to think back to games where he would go 15/25 for 220 yards and I along with others would say "See, he can pass the ball!"

You weren't the only one calling for Schaub. I had no faith that a gimmick offense would get us a SB.

What significance does this have on the 2011 season? Vick, if you haven't been watching has completely transformed himself as a quarterback who actually progresses through his reads before taking off, but doesn't hesitate if there's an opening.

Last year that was true. With no viable backup pressuring him, he returned to his old ways in week 1. He is a tremendous talent, but he struggles with discipline. Many regular season games his talent is enough. However, if he takes the free form approach at this age it will be hard to keep him on the field for 16 weeks. I think they mentioned he took 21 hits in that week one victory.

Vick is both the guy he was last year, and the guy you saw last week. He had a VERY 200x game in week 1. Check the first read and off to the races. We saw season after season of 14 for 32, 1xx yards passing along with 70+ rushing. The guy he was last seaon is scary. The guy he was last week can turn it over a few times.

Last year that was true. With no viable backup pressuring him, he returned to his old ways in week 1. He is a tremendous talent, but he struggles with discipline. Many regular season games his talent is enough. However, if he takes the free form approach at this age it will be hard to keep him on the field for 16 weeks. I think they mentioned he took 21 hits in that week one victory.

Vick is both the guy he was last year, and the guy you saw last week. He had a VERY 200x game in week 1. Check the first read and off to the races. We saw season after season of 14 for 32, 1xx yards passing along with 70+ rushing. The guy he was last seaon is scary. The guy he was last week can turn it over a few times.

First of all, you didn't watch the game so your opinion really doesn't make sense. There's no way he took 21 hits that game, Jackson dropped an easy 50+ pass early in the game that he would have ran for a touchdown and dropped another in the end zone. You can look at stats all day but they don't tell the whole story...Of course he can turn it over a few times, every quarterback can turn it over a few times, but your not being rational if you don't think Vick is a serious weapon in both the running and passing game.

I knew Shaub was gonna be gold, but I was content with Vick at QB.

The situation kinda sucks for Falcons fans, it was like Randall in Philly. Buddy Ryan didn't develop his skills the way minnesota did and by that time he lost his athletic ability. Vick's mindset in Philly has completely changed, along with the way Reid has developed quarterbacks he's got a shot to play to his full potential. Marty Morningweg also has a lot to do with Mike's progression, another coaching candidate next year out of Philadelphia..

We, meaning the Falcons won the game? So what exactly is being compared? QB perfomance or wins and losses?

First of all, you didn't watch the game so your opinion really doesn't make sense. There's no way he took 21 hits that game, Jackson dropped an easy 50+ pass early in the game that he would have ran for a touchdown and dropped another in the end zone. You can look at stats all day but they don't tell the whole story...Of course he can turn it over a few times, every quarterback can turn it over a few times, but your not being rational if you don't think Vick is a serious weapon in both the running and passing game.

In fairness, you are correct, I didn't see the game. NFL Live was in the Eagles locker room talking to one of the linemen. The reporter mentioned the 21 hits. The dude basically said they have to help the QB out, and the QB has to help himself. I'm sure to get to 21 the counted 3 or 4 on some of his scrambles.

In fairness, you are correct, I didn't see the game. NFL Live was in the Eagles locker room talking to one of the linemen. The reporter mentioned the 21 hits. The dude basically said they have to help the QB out, and the QB has to help himself. I'm sure to get to 21 the counted 3 or 4 on some of his scrambles.

He took two pretty big hits, both from players missing their assignments, McCoy whiffed on Mikell and Avant blocked down on the end instead of the blitzing corner from the right side. Obviously they're going to try to address those problems and remember that was the first time that line played together ..ever. I'm looking for some better continuity as the season progresses, but it's all about blitz recognition and getting the job done; they didn't always succeed and not many qb's go untouched the whole game. I feel as if the Birds are under such a microscope.

If I were a Philly fan and read a thread like this, I'd say that it sounds like people in Atlanta are jealous and threathened by Vick's existence in the NFL.

That was my take on it, it's just being realistic to acknowledge the fact that vick has upgraded his game in many ways and will continue to improve. He's still a work in progress though, and it's not live and die each week.

Yep, thew for 56%, 2300 yards, 16 TD's, 16 fumbles and 14 INT's, rush for 900 yards, and 3 more TD's

What other QB throws 56%, gets you 3200 yards, 16 fumbles, 19 TD's, and 14 INT's and everyone acts like he was the golden child?

I don't know maybe because that year your talking about he went to the pro bowl and got us to an NFC championship game.

Kinda easy to root for a guy that won in the playoffs don't you think?

I don't know maybe because that year your talking about he went to the pro bowl and got us to an NFC championship game.

Kinda easy to root for a guy that won in the playoffs don't you think?

My point is, what were we so enamored with that year? If anything he hindered us, we had the best defense, maybe in the NFL, that year carrying us through the worst NFC (four 5-7 teams were fighting for a playoff spot) in years

Pick one, people are acting like Ryan is a lost cause after that game, but back when Vick did the same and scraped by a horrible team everyone acts like he was/is the messiah

Vick and Ryan can look terrible at times. But I could careless about how bad Vick looked in year 4. We have Matt and that's that. Matt is a well respected QB around the league and I want him to succeed. But constantly comparing him against Vick is super pointless. What's really relevent when comparing Ryan and Vick. Ryan has the back to back to back winning seasons and a very impressive W/L record. That's it. All other comparisons shows a personal bias...IMHO.